01-Jan-10 Weybridge, UK – We are pleased to announce that HeliHub.com has a new owner – Jeremy Parkin, based in the UK.Â Mr Parkin acquired all rights to the website from a private investor for an undisclosed sum, and management of all aspects of the site is moved from Florida to the UK with immediate effect.Â A small dedicated team of contributors has been put together to maintain and develop HeliHub.com – initially this will ensure the continuation of the current service. Since its launch exactly a year ago, HeliHub.com has produced over 3,700 news stories, thus averaging over 71 stories per week.Â Additionally, HeliHub.com has published the web’s most comprehensive record of helicopter accidents and incidents, and is also building up a reference database of Safety documents including Airworthiness Directives from various national authorities, Service Bulletins from manufacturers, and so on.
The future is both assured and bright for HeliHub.com.Â New sections of the site are planned, along with series of articles, data and various other forms of contribution from respected and authoritative sources.
Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, selling this four years later to Shephard Press, who also contracted him to maintain the news supply of that site for a further 5 years, along with their websites in the unmanned vehicles and regional airlines sectors.Â Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory, which listed thousands more airframes than its competitor which used to get given away at the annual Heli-Expo event for some years.Â These directories were sourced from a database of over civil and military 100,000 airframes personally researched by Mr Parkin, from which customers were also able to obtain reliable data to assist in the marketing and sales of helicopters and allied products and services.
Underlying all this, Jeremy Parkin also has extensive software experience and a Computer Science degree.Â Working for one of the very largest software companies in the world, his particular interest is leveraging the very latest internet trends for the benefit of business users, including the use of social networking and the latest in hand-held web-enabled devices.Â The combination of this with his helicopter industry knowledge is expected to give his team at HeliHub.com an unfair advantage in the marketplace.
- Alberta hospital helipad vandalised
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance achieves NVIS status
- Helicentre launches sixth year of Pilot Scholarships
- RACQ LifeFlight builds new base at Archerfield
- Russian Helicopters to participate in China Helicopter Expo 2017
- India approves Able Aerospace MRO solutions
- Helicopter crash in lake
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- SAFE Structure designs industry first B429 maintenance stands
- USHST Announces Second Group of Proposed Safety Enhancement
- SAFE Structure to build maintenance platforms for USCG MH-65s at CGAS Elizabeth City
- Waypoint establishing leasing platform in Tianjin Free Trade Zone in China
- Bristow SAR Crew Receives Sikorsky Winged-S Rescue Award
- 30 year anniversary of EMS Air Ambulances in the UK
- Midlands Air Ambulance Invests in RRV
- Rockwell Collins delivers first mission computer for Airbus HForce
- Helitech organisers profile technical sessions
- Airbus Helicopters showcases EMS capabilities at China Helicopter Expo 2017