MSC.Software, a leading global provider of simulation software and services, today announced that AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica Company and leading manufacturer in the global helicopter industry, has chosen MSC.Software CAE tools and simulation management technologies to power its "Advanced Simulation and Process management (ASaP)" project following a two-year evaluation.
The ASaP Project is a multi-year initiative to deliver optimally performing products faster while maintaining high reliability and quality. The cornerstone of the project is the "Helicopter Portal," a process management environment for simulation and Virtual Product Validation. Leveraging state-of-the-art engineering simulation technology, engineering knowledge, and AgustaWestland best practices, ASaP will deliver system level multidiscipline simulation capabilities in a standardized Virtual Build and Test system. The completed system will be a key part of AgustaWestland's extended PLM environment, integrating CAE-based and test-based engineering activities across geographies, preserving intellectual property, and automating simulation tasks.
"MSC.Software is excited to be helping Finmeccanica companies with our next generation simulation technologies," said Dominic Gallello, CEO of MSC.Software. "Their deep two-year evaluation shows that our continued commitment to core CAE technology and simulation process and data management is resulting in new levels of technical and business value for global aerospace leaders."
AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is one of the largest helicopter companies in the world. The company offers an unrivalled range of helicopters, training and support solutions to satisfy the requirements of civil and military customers. AgustaWestland has its primary operations in Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
About MSC.Software Corporation
MSC.Software is a global leader of simulation solutions that help companies improve quality, save time and reduce costs associated with designing and testing manufactured products. MSC.Software works with thousands of companies worldwide to develop better products faster with simulation technology, software, and services. MSC.Software employs people in 23 countries. For additional information about MSC Software's products and services, please visit www.mscsoftware.com.
The MSC.Software corporate logo, Adams, Dytran, Easy5, Laminate Modeler, Marc, MD Adams, MD Nastran, MD Patran, Mentat, MSC, MSC MasterKey, MSC Nastran, Mvision, Patran, SimDesigner, SimEnterprise, SimManager, SimOffice, SimTemplate, SimXpert and Sofy are trademarks or registered trademarks of the MSC.Software Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. NASTRAN is a registered trademark of NASA. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole