Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Input on Compressor Events Needed For CAP437 Helideck Guidance
- Falcon Aviation Services picks Rusada maintenance software
- Able selected by Tucson PD for CR&O Contract
- TSO obtained by Jupiter Avionics for JA94 Dual Audio Controller
- Airbus completes Mexican Navy AS565MBe deliveries
- Russian lessor GTLK adds 31 helicopters to portfolio
- Medicine Hat Regional Hospital Waiting on Transport Canada
- Four Mi-8 Deliveries Across Russia
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Northrop Grumman-Built Fire Scouts Experience Pivotal Year
- CHC Announces New Contract with Centrica
- SENER and Babcock complete fifth AB212 upgrade for Spanish Navy
- First-of-its-kind training conducted by US Marine Corps on HMLA-773
- Australia retires last S-70B Seahawk
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance to introduce new operating model in 2018
- ENGIE and NHV win French Navy Dauphin MRO contract
- Wales Air Ambulance becomes 2 time Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence recipient
- Bell Boeing awarded $18M contract for V-22 technical analysis, engineering and integration services
- Ka-226T becomes the world first modular helicopter