Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Boeing wins $234M Saudi AH-6i contract
- Sikorsky awarded $33M contract for UH-60M ground equipment
- Bell-Boeing awarded $21M delivery order for MV-22 radar upgrade
- Robertsons Fuels Systems awarded $47M AH-64 aux fuel system contract
- $37M contract place for new helicopter hangar at Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- Sikorsky awarded $30M more for Saudi UH-60M contract
- All Metal Announces The AW109 Canopy for Aircraft Maintanance
- PZL-Świdnik to exhibit the AW149 at MSPO 2014
- PZL-Świdnik exhibits optionally piloted SW-4 Solo at MSPO 2014
- CHC Group Update on Investor Events
- China Issues First Airworthiness Certificate for unmanned V750
- Bristow Helicopters Ltd invests £3.2m in safety
- Airbus Helicopters Vostok: New General Manager, New vision of Top Priorities
- CASA meets helicopter operators at 11th-hour to resolve licensing rules
- Russian Helicopters Posts 7% Growth in Revenues, 16% EBITDA Increase in 1H 2014
- First consignment of upgraded Mi-8AMTSh delivered to Russian Military
- EASA announces new organisation
- Columbia Helicopters Opens Military Helicopter Maintenance Center
- FAA Issues Emergency Order of Revocation Against MARPAT Aviation
- BK117 Transport Canada – Certifications Received by Airwork