Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Australia accepts last of 24 MH-60Rs
- BLR Aerospace starts taking orders for H125 FastFin
- DRF Luftrettung reports on first half year statistics
- Era Group Announces FY 2016 Q2 Earnings Release Call
- Top 3 Emerging Trends in the Global Helicopter Simulator market
- SAFE Structure Designs delivers M250 engine stand to A&P Helicopters
- Viterra Renews Partnership With STARS Air Ambulance
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Metro Aviation appoints new manager for Operational Control Center
- Summit Aviation adds S-76D to approvals list
- Air Methods provides Q2 financials update
- S-64 Composite Main Rotor Blade Program Passes Initial Flight Test Milestone
- Baltimore County PD safety record recognized by Airbus
- XTI Aircraft Company takes three big steps forward with VTOL TriFan
- VH-92A Presidential Helicopter completes Critical Design Review
- CHC offers storage space for offshore helicopters
- Zurich operator Heli-Link renamed DC Aviation Switzerland
- Bell Expands Tennessee Customization centre
- Aeronautical Accessories Adds Bell 412 Crew Mobility Restraint Kit
- Royal Australian Navy hosts first MV-22 Osprey sea trials