Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- EASA creates task force to assess the risk of aircraft colliding with drones
- FAA makes Two Major Drone Announcements
- Register Update – USA – week to 1 May 2016
- AgustaWestland to see THREE name changes in 12 months
- CHC files bankruptcy Chapter 11 for restructuring
- India becomes 11th International Customer for Apache Longbow Radar
- San Bernardino Sheriff faces lawsuit for helicopter sniper shooting
- Third AW609 prototype starts ground runs
- Triumph receives Supplier of the Year Award from Sikorsky
- Colombia Helicopters and AAR awarded total of $65M more for Afghan transport work
- Full analysis of the impact on CHC of the Norwegian EC225 accident
- AS332 Super Puma is NOT implicated by Bergen EC225 accident
- Shell puts pause on using CHC Norway
- Latest statement (May 3) from Airbus Helicopters on EC225 situation
- Heli-One to upgrade two VVIP Sikorsky S76B helicopters
- Mecaer Aviation Group Signs Brazilian Agent
- New President named at CMC Electronics
- NARA raises $35,000 scholarship fund
- Dart expands Approved Maintenance Center into Australia and NZ
- Maverick Helicopters wins Best Air Tour award for 7th year running