Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- US Air Force to fund rescue helicopter in last-minute reversal
- Bird Strikes Problematic for Military Helicopters, Study Finds
- Greenpeace duped Stratus Helicopters when hiring R44
- PHI Announces $500 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes
- Fire chiefs urge Manitoba to re-instate STARS air ambulance
- ARGUS Releases 2013 SMS Audit Results Report
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- Bell sold 196 helicopters at Heli-Expo 2014, including 171 JRX
- Russian Helicopters deliver Mi-8AMT to UTair
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Argentine Federal Police take delivery of new EC135 and EC145
- All American now approved as an Airbus CSF
- Maersk Training announces two new offshore helideck emergency courses
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as Launch Customer
- Metro Aviation dedicated to safety through helicopter simulators
- Helicopter Flight Training Center will add Communication Center Lab to curriculum
- Metro Aviation welcomes Directors of Operations and Maintenance
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes new Assistant Director of Training
- Helicopter Flight Training Center Welcomes CALSTAR as Co-Launch Customer for EC135 Simulator
- LifeFlight of Maine orders four more Belfort Automated Weather Observation Systems