Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- French Army NH90 Full Flight Simulator Ready for Training
- Dubai prince plans four helipads at Scottish estate
- Brazil approves Mecaer Bell 429 interior
- HAL Completes Hot & High Trials of LCH
- Russia and China plan to build an innovative heavy-lift helicopter
- Finnish courier Posti starts testing drone helicopter usage
- Russian Helicopters to sign maintenance contract with India
- STARS Rescue on the Prairie raises more than $425,000
- Russian military to receive Ka-52K for Mistral carriers
- Russian Helicopters delivers nine Ka-32s to China
- Haynes Life Flight to add second Alabama base
- Economic crisis in Brazil is destroying the helicopter market
- SouthCare helicopter records busiest year on record with 509 missions
- Lauderdale County hears Air Evac service proposal
- Mark of Excellence and Lifetime Achievement Awards Given out at NIGHTCON 2015
- Robinson expands R44 & R66 Autopilot and Aspen package
- Marenco Swiss helicopter participates in China Helicopter Exposition
- Helibras opens new simulator training center
- Register Update – Austria – August 2015
- Register Update – Norway – August 2015