Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2″ changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Are Cardinal Helicopter Serivces operating Trump’s UK S76?
- 19,000th image filed in HeliHub.com gallery
- Gulf Helicopters AW189s supporting Libyan rig from Malta
- Helibras Customer Support receives ISO 9001 certification and NBR 15100
- Metro Aviation Honored by Department of Defense
- Costa Rica Police looking for drug-running helicopter with false Red Cross titles
- 814 Naval Air Squadron retire Merlin Mk.1
- India – Aviation school museum gets Bell 47G
- Call for crotch straps in helicopters
- Burbank and Glendale Police Joint Air Support Unit Welcomes New MD 520N
- Dynamatic becomes sole supplier of Bell 407GX, 407GT airframe assemblies
- St. Louis Regional Helicopter Safety Seminar Another Great Success!
- Iran Unveils Homegrown Unmanned Helicopter Drone
- Oceania Aviation Tour of Australia a Success
- Bell Issues Statement on Death of Former CEO James Atkins
- AW189 delays mean Bristow will fly AW139 on UK Coastguard contract
- Vector UK to support French Navy Lynxes
- AgustaWestland Strengthens Collaboration with Rotortrade Services
- Kaman Board of Directors Declares Dividend
- Dallas Avionics Receives AS9100C & ISO 9001:2008 Certification