Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Pasadena Police receive All Metal stands for B206
- Onboard Systems completes testing of new Talon Auto-Loc Cargo Hook System
- RA Aviation announces AW189 and AW139 Maintenance Docking Systems
- FAA downgrades Thailand safety rating
- Rega orders three AW169s
- Hydro Engineering updates Turbine Engine Wash System
- HAL boss Raju wins CEO of the Year award
- Vector facility at Fleetlands wins manufacturing award
- FAA validates Maxcraft S76 STC for Garmin GNS/GTN navigators
- Sikorsky awarded $883M contract for Army helicopter support
- DynCorp awarded $61M maintenance work for Saudi Land Forces program
- Thales awarded $13M delivery order for H-60 weapons assemblies
- M1 Support Services awarded $304M Nellis AFB contract, incl HH-60s
- Sikorsky awarded $106M for Army H-60 weapons system work
- Hamilton Sundstrand awarded $9M delivery order for V-22 frequency generator work
- Sikorsky awarded $14M more for Presidential Helicopters Program
- CSC awarded $9.2M for Non-Standard Rotary Wing Aircraft Project Office work
- Register Update – USA – week to 29 November 2015
- AHS launches Micro Air Vehicle Student Challenge 2016
- First of three AW169s for Linfox now in flight test