Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Nigerian Air Force acquiring two AW101 helicopters
- Mississippi DPS selects Cloud Cap Technology TASE 400HD for AS350B3e
- Spokane Sheriff expanding Air 1 program
- Excellence in Avionics Awards Have Launched
- First of Australia’s Landing Helicopter Dock starts final sea trials
- All Metal Announces The As350 Canopy for Aircraft Maintanance
- Gracetown joyflight helicopter vandalised
- Vietnam southern hub wants to have helipad at headquarters
- The Bell 525 Relentless Fly-by-Wire Technology Sets the New Standard in Commercial Helicopter Control
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M modification to TH-57 support contract
- Poland says to speed up attack helicopter purchase due to Ukraine crisis
- Budgets, Not Tech, May Delay US Army’s Next Rotorcraft
- UK – Helipad upgrade at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital welcomed
- Australia – Mannum hospital helipad plans unclear
- Huey Helicopter Museum opens in Australia
- Basta Holdings and Heliflight Peru signs LOI for leasing JV
- Robots Moving Robots: Lockheed Martin Conducts First Fully Autonomous Mission
- CGX Energy contracts with Bristow Helicopters in Guyana
- Breeze-Eastern Announces New Product Innovation Center and Reorganization
- Medics fear new hospital helipad as 14-storey drop puts staff on edge