Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Carter’s PAV-II on display at HAI-HELI-CENTER during AirVenture 2014
- Aspen Avionics Expands ADS-B Product Line
- X-Copter has FAA Approval, Exhibiting at AirVenture 2014, Offering Show Incentives and Leasing Options
- Airborne Systems received NZCAA STC Certification for its AS350 Bike Rack System.
- Airbus Helicopters wins tender for two medical helicopters in Russia
- Register Update – USA – week to 27 July 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 July 2014
- HAI Heli-Center at Oshkosh Opens Today!
- Sikorsky union boss charged with embezzlement
- Genesys: Stabilization & Autopilot System for R44
- PHI launches helicopter joint venture with Cyprus Airways
- Bell-Boeing awarded $69M delivery order for V-22 support
- Helitech introduces the Business and Strategy Conference
- Night Vision Award Winners Honored at ALEA
- Portsmouth hospital helipad receives BOA approval
- Super Puma co-pilot death preventable, says coroner
- Parents of snowboarder killed by avalanche sue Alaska heli-skiing company
- KAI selected as a LCH／LAH developer
- AgustaWestland chooses Microsoft technology for a cutting-edge training
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.