Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2″ changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
HAI Offers Two Heliport Design Workshops at Heli-Expo 2010
- CAA reports on progress to improve safety of offshore helicopter operations
- FlightSafety appoints new Visual Systems VP
- Kazakh Internal Affairs Ministry Sues Eurocopter Kazakhstan
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- Trial Software Available to Automate Aerospace Industry Supply Chain Management
- South African AW139 selects FBO One operations software
- Australia removes flight crew licensing requirements for R22 and R44
- AHS runs 32st Annual Student Design Competition
- Border Guard Bangladesh to buy four helicopters
- UK – HQ Aviation add second R66
- AFIT announces R22 Add-On Training at Van Nuys
- Local concern at lack of use of Travis County UH-1 firefighter
- Oil price not affecting Era and PHi at Houma
- NZ tour operators in conflict
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Terma to Field Aircraft Survivability Equipment on Dutch NH90s
- Airbus Helicopters completes first year bringing three new helicopters to market
- HATS flying as first Australian military EC135T2+ takes to the air
- Upgrade of Bell 412EP Night Vision system
- FAA Grants Two More UAS Exemptions