Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters
- CAE USA wins Army contract to provide rotary-wing flight training instructor support services
- Night-Lit Emergency Helicopter Landing Sites Programme Reaches Phase II
- Department of Health of Puerto Rico Selects the Bell 429
- Prince William to Resign from East Anglian Air Ambulance
- NYPD Win Approval for S-76D to Fly State Governor
- Arrow Aviation Restores Iconic Eagle One Helicopter
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit 2017 calls for papers
- Wirestrike warning for pilots
- Russian Northern Fleet Starts Ka27M Training
- First Flight for New Simrik Air 407 GXP
- Nigerian Air Force Receives First Mi35M Delivery
- UK – Heli Charter is no longer a Bell CSF
- Bell training centre in Spain now certified and open for business
- Babcock Mission Critical Services Onshore orders two H135s for UK windfarm contract
- Waypoint leases Airbus H225 to GHS for ops in Africa