Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- EASA certifies Safran Arriel 2H on Avicopter AC312E
- EASA Management Board re-elects Executive Director
- VR-Technologies of Russian Helicopters start tests of VRT300 UAV
- AHS Rebrands as “The Vertical Flight Society”
- Rostec to create VRT500 prototype by the end of 2019
- Safran Ardiden 3C obtains EASA type certification
- Virginia State Police Honour Late Trooper
- Mexico – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric