Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- RUAG named Authorised Service Centre for the AW139 by Leonardo
- Heli-One Poland Receives EASA Approval for Leonardo AW139 Base Maintenance
- Rockwell Collins now providing automated check-in for Falcon Aviation
- Satcom Direct SD completes its acquisition of TrueNorth Avionics
- Unmanned Safety Institute Training Programs Educate Law Enforcement on Drone Activity
- Med-Trans Bases First Air Ambulance Helicopter in Baldwin County
- Helicentre Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Six
- Rockwell Collins to provide sand and dust storm forecast for aviation operators
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Marenco Swisshelicopter appoints new CEO as founder leaves
- Wessex Helicopter Restoration goes on Display
- Bristow to present two Energy Conferences
- Sloane Helicopters appoints new Robinson Sales Manager
- Bristow Academy’s Gerald Marchal Wins AMT Next Gen Award
- Helijet air ambulance service resumes at all hospital heliports in B.C.
- HNZ Group announces joint venture in Australia to support INPEX contract
- Milestone Names Daniel Rosenthal President and CEO
- Erickson Inc. Receives Final Court Approval of DIP Financing Facility
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Safran activates fully-automated helicopter engine turbine blade production line