Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- STARS offers time, hope and life-saving transport to critically ill and injured patients.
- Cockpit Crazy Press Release
- MD Helicopters Announces Second MD 500e Helicopter Delivery To Polk County Florida Sheriff’s Ofice
- Edmonton Police seek $22M for twin turbine helicopters and new heliport
- Bell Helicopter Delivers First Two of Six Bell 407GXs to the Pennsylvania State Police
- REACH Air Medical Services Opening Air Ambulance Base in Rancho Cordova, CA
- New Robinson R22 for Phoenix!
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.
- GAMA Welcomes Jonathan Archer as Director of Engineering & Airworthiness
- Derazona Helicopters buys its first rotorcraft from Airbus Helicopters: a multi-role AS350 B3e
- SaxonAir enhances helicopter fleet with Airbus Helicopters EC155
- Bristow Norway AS lands multi-million dollar contract
- Russian Helicopters to train Mongolian pilots at Ulan-Ude Aviation Training Centre
- Bell Helicopter Announces First Two HEMS Bell 429s in the Middle East
- New Report: Air Methods – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Now in black: DART’s ultra-resistant Floor Protectors
- DART’s new interference-proof Tail Rotor Pedal Lockout
- DART Tough Corrosion-Resistant Engine Mounts
- Enstrom Helicopter STC Approved for Aspen Display Retrofit
- Go Light – the new cockpit invention set to improve aviation safety?