Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the "ICAO Annex 14 Update" Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional "tranche 2" changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associations’ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, "The Heliport Design Workshop," is based on last year’s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAI’s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- EASA certifies EC225 gear shaft redesign
- FlightSafety names new Rotorcraft Business Development Director
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Bell sells five B505 JRX to Aerochine Aviation
- Selex ES to support Malaysian Super Lynx sensors
- FAA and Transport Canada approve Dart R66 Cargo Mirror and Bearpaws
- Xinjang Tianyun General Aviation Co orders a Bell 407GX
- Bell Expands Maintenance Training Offerings in Singapore
- USHST Calls for More Helicopter Safety Vigilance
- Global Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Market Report
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 April 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 13 April 2014
- UK Cabri fleet will be 15 by June 2015
- Canada approves Dart’s R66 Emergency Float System
- FAA creates new type of experimental certificate
- FAA Extends Deadline for Final Helicopter Safety Rule
- EASA certifies Airbus EC145T2 – Deliveries start in Q3
- Kaman New Zealand SH-2G(I) Achieves First Flight
- UK – Helicentre to Deliver University Helicopter Degree
- Airbus Helicopters launches Japan’s first helicopter full flight simulator