Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2″ changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
HAI Offers Two Heliport Design Workshops at Heli-Expo 2010
- FAA and EASA approve Dart R66 cargo hook
- Bell extends UH-1Y and AH-1Z blade deal with Kaman
- Airbus delivers first UH-72A for Army Initial-Entry Trainer Mission
- Bell announces Letters of Intent from Middle East for 505 and 525 models
- Duke of York opens new Nostell Priory base for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- PPG produces transparencies for first S-97 Raider
- Kenya police invite bids for supply of three helicopters
- Regional CHC leader named finalist for Scottish Director of the Year Award
- Bell cuts 315 jobs as V-22 demand falls
- FAA approves Pall PB100F PUREair dry barrier filter on AS350
- UK military extends AW101 suppert contact with AgustaWestland by five years
- Able Begins Distribution Of New Bell 407/429 Calipers & Disc Pmas
- New exhibitors target Helitech International 2015 as the place to do business
- Heli UK Challenge Cup Returns
- Bristow Group Presents At The Scotia Howard Weil 43rd Annual Energy Conference
- HMH-366 Marine earns the Danny L. Radish award for 2014
- Police Helicopter Relocation Under Review Again
- Decorated Helicopter Rescue Pilot visits Museum
- Waypoint Leasing Closes $85 Million Term Loan Facility
- Singapore – Amur Finance buys Lloyd Helicopters