Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2” changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
- Gwinnett County Police receive first 530F upgrade
- LCI touches down at Helitech
- Rockwell Collins to show Pro Line Fusion for commercial helicopters at HeliTech
- Exhibitor Bookings begin for Heli UK Expo
- Register Update – Switzerland – September 2015
- Register for the Upcoming AHS Rotorcraft Propulsion Meeting
- Papillon names Halvorson third generation to President roles
- US Navy revives MH-53E Sea Dragon training squadron HM-12
- Register Update – Canada – September 2015
- RA Aviation launches Rescue Hoist Cable Wash Trolley
- France completes testing of V-22 on Helicopter Landing Deck
- Brazilian military passes 10,000 flight hours with H225M
- AAR appoints Chief Financial Officer
- AAR Selected for 2014 NDTA Corporate Distinguished Service Award
- MI-38 series production planned for 2016-2017
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Timken awarded $46M three-year Apache transmission contract
- Sikorsky awarded $25M five-year contract for Black Hawk blade repairs
- Erickson wins Military Sealift Command contract worth $7M
- AAR awarded two Military Sealift Command contracts worth $21M