Two workshops related to heliport design will be held at HELI-EXPO 2010. These workshops will focus on the design of Private Use (PPR) and Hospital Heliports in the USA, and General Aviation Heliports designed to meet the requirements of new (tranche 1) international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, the “ICAO Annex 14 Update” Workshop, will consist of a review of the new (tranche 1) International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14 Volume II Heliport requirements issued last year with an applicability date of 17 November 2009.
This workshop will also include a comparison of the new ICAO standards and the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and provide an outline of additional “tranche 2″ changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual which are now being considered by the ICAO Heliport Design Working Group (HDWG) and its various Sub-groups. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual flight Rules (VFR).
Dr. John Leverton, the International Federation of Helicopter Associationsâ€™ (IFHA), Representative to ICAO Aerodrome Panel (AP) and HDWG, will present the session that will be held on Sunday, February 21, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 360-D. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m.
The second workshop, “The Heliport Design Workshop,” is based on last yearâ€™s successful workshop, and will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (A/C) 150/5390-2B and include a presentation by the FAA Airports Division, providing an overview of 14 CFR part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1, which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport.
Following the FAA presentation, Dr. John Leverton, HAIâ€™s Heliport Design Focal Point, will provide a review of the design requirements embodied in the 2004 FAA AC with particular reference to Private Use heliports and Hospital heliports. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the GRB Convention Center, Room 330-A. It is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. and adjourn at 12:00 noon.
HAI Offers Two Heliport Design Workshops at Heli-Expo 2010
- Ontario Provincial Police to consolidate maintenance and extend flying hours
- North Sea – Falck upgrades its fire training rig at Aberdeen
- Register Update – Japan – March 2015
- Blue Hawaiian welcomes eighth EC130T2 – Largest Fleet of Next-Generation Aircraft in Hawaii
- Hawker Pacific to showcase Bell 407GX at Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show
- Columbia Helicopters gets $63M extension to Afghan contract
- Register Update – USA – week to 26 April 2015
- Boeing wins $247M contract to revitalise AH-64 and CH-47 fleets
- Russian Helicopters and China to collaborate on new models
- UK – Derriford Hospital helipad at Plymouth targets June completion
- Air Methods to Report FY2015 Q1 Results on Thursday May 7th
- UK CAA announces new heli safety proposals for unattended offshore installations
- Pawan Hans to start Bhubaneswar-Paradip service
- AHS International Announces New Board Members
- Nova Systems buys Airbus H135 to enhance its Flight Test capability
- Lightweight Membrane Can Significantly Reduce In-Flight Aircraft Noise
- Dare MedFlight tests Eastman Turbo Oil 2197 versus current lubricant
- Oita Prefecture Disaster Air Corps issues tender for new helicopter
- Vector Aerospace UK apprentice achieves national recognition
- ARSA warns FAA not to lose primary focus while creating new UAS regs