One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference
- Able Signs Exclusive Service Agreement with Eagle Australasia