One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Leonardo’s Japanese helicopter market grows
- Bristow CEO describes the three commandments of safety
- AW169 helicopter scores first contract success
- Sikorsky Sponsors Educational Scholarship through the MedEvac
- Waypoint Receives Innovation Award in Tianjin
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- DRF retains Magdeburg contract with six year extension
- Columbus Police marks 45 years flying MD Helicopters
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- IAI-ELTA to provide Helicopter SATCOM Network Systems to Key Customer
- USAIG Celebrates 40 Years of Providing Safety Posters to the Aviation Industry
- DRF Luftrettung appoints new Chairman
- GNAAS Looks to New Life Saving Techniques
- Safran marketing new Aneto engine to HAL
- Uber-like helicopter taxi launches in Tokyo
- Indian Government starts sale of majority of Pawan Hans
- 3rd H160 prototype joins the flight test campaign
- Air Medical Helicopters Fly with 1,000 Donaldson IBFs
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Russian Helicopters and United Helicopters sign contracts