One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Helitech opens with only three manufacturers present
- US National Defense Authorization Act expected to approve $2.8 Billion for Bell military programs
- Air Methods Acquires San Antonio AirLIFE
- Australia – Standoff on Sorrento helipad
- First flight for Chinese Z-11WB armed helicopter
- Lancaster General Hospital to relocate helipad for two years
- Russian Helicopters to unveil new models and UAV
- Coulson Aircrane CEO recognized by the B.C. Aviation Cou
- Oracle billionaire plans helipads at luxury Hawaiian island resorts
- PHI Air Medical closes base at Paducah
- Lord Corporation starts Bell 412 spindle exchange program
- Heli-One adds S92 blade service capability in Norway
- Heli-One to upgrade avionics suite on 18 German Police Super Pumas
- BLR Flight Tests FastFin System for AH-1 Cobra
- CAE launches H225 training at Oslo training centre
- BLR Aerospace appoints European FastFin distributor
- Aspen Adds New Sales and Field Support Staff
- JSSI Continues to Expand Helicopter Programs
- Register Update – USA – week to 4 October 2015
- Register Update – Austria – September 2015