One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Helicopter memorial unveiled
- Alcor keen to invest Rs 15,000 cr on helicopter unit
- CHI awarded offshore GoM helicopter contract
- Aurora Awarded Funding to Continue Development of DARPA VTOL X-Plane Program
- Ultimate Heli to install PA100 PUREair Engine Protection System in AS350
- Shimco to Exhibit at MRO Europe 2014 in the Ontario Pavilion
- Scottsdale museum gets Vietnam War helicopter
- Military surgeon, researcher and healthcare leader appointed Chief Medical Officer for Ornge
- Hillsboro Aviation Awarded Military Friendly Schools
- Boeing Delivers First New-Build MH-47G Special Operations Chinook
- CIT Serves as Joint Lead Arranger and Administrative Agent in $325 Million Financing to LCIHelicopters
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base
- MD Helicopters to supply 12 more MD530F to Afghanistan
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M delivery order for trainer upgrades
- Thales awarded $7.7M delivery order for H-60 sonar work
- Rockwell Collins wins $151M contract for helicopter display units
- Alliant Techsystems awarded $36M for Apache guns and parts
- Lockheed Martin awarded $6.8M delivery order for MH-60R Digital Rocket Launcher updates
- Rockwell Collins awarded $8.6M delivery order for MH-53E software upgrade project
- Woodward awarded $47M contract for T700 common fuel control work