One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- S-64 Composite Main Rotor Blade Program Passes Initial Flight Test Milestone
- Baltimore County PD safety record recognized by Airbus
- XTI Aircraft Company takes three big steps forward with VTOL TriFan
- VH-92A Presidential Helicopter completes Critical Design Review
- CHC offers storage space for offshore helicopters
- Zurich operator Heli-Link renamed DC Aviation Switzerland
- Bell Expands Tennessee Customization centre
- Aeronautical Accessories Adds Bell 412 Crew Mobility Restraint Kit
- Royal Australian Navy hosts first MV-22 Osprey sea trials
- Bell 412EPI demonstrated to Vietnamese operator
- Tennessee National Guard Aviators receive Sikorsky Rescue Award
- Blade completes financing round and appoints new Chairman
- Controp launches HD EO/IR camera payload for helicopters
- HSM-74 Conduct First Swing Loaded Operational Flight on MH-60R
- Customer Advantage Plan – Bell signs second customer
- LAPD selects Cobham RT-7000 Tactical Radio
- PRISM Expands Sponsorship with Public Safety Aviation Accreditation Commission
- AgustaWestland take AW009 to ALEA 2016
- South Wales Police introduces Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- MD Helicopters detail ALEA 2016 participation