One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air. Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984. He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth. He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron. He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Bristow Celebrates First Anniversary of Search and Rescue in Northern Scotland
- Women in Aviation, International Significantly Expands its Youth Outreach
- A Lot of Energy at the HAI HELI-CENTER
- Boeing Delivers First U.S. Army Multiyear II Configured Chinook
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Italian Prosecutor halts investigations into Finmeccanica over Indian AW101 contract
- PRISM Reaches Rotor Wing Subscriber Milestone
- CTS Releases Bell 407GX Recurrent Training
- SmartPilot.ca – A Year After Launch – Great Results and More!
- New partners at Stellar Heliskiing
- Carter’s PAV-II on display at HAI-HELI-CENTER during AirVenture 2014
- Aspen Avionics Expands ADS-B Product Line
- X-Copter has FAA Approval; Offers Show Incentives at AirVenture 2014
- Airborne Systems receives NZCAA STC Certification for AS350 Bike Rack
- Airbus Helicopters wins tender for two medical helicopters in Russia
- Register Update – USA – week to 27 July 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 July 2014
- 29-Jul-14 Liberty Township, US-Ohio
- HAI Heli-Center at Oshkosh Opens Today!
- Sikorsky union boss charged with embezzlement