One of the Royal Navy pilots at Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose has clocked up more than 7000 hours in the air.Â Lieutenant Commander Nick Lee of 750 Naval Air Squadron passed that milestone recently and received a congratulatory cake from Lieutenant Commander Nick Armstrong, the Commanding Officer of the Squadron, to mark the occasion.
Lt Cdr Nick Lee joined the Royal Navy in 1983 as an aircrew officer and after a period of officer training at Dartmouth, began flying training in 1984.Â He then completed his Basic Flying Training at 705 Naval Air Squadron based at RNAS Culdrose, flying the Gazelle before converting to the Seaking Mk5 and joining 824 Naval Air Squadron, moving with the Squadron to HMS Gannet in Scotland.
Since then he has moved between Cornwall, Yorkshire (on an instructing tour with the Royal Air Force), Yeovilton and Plymouth.Â He has accumulated these hours on numerous aircraft types including the Chipmunk, Grob, Firefly, Gazelle, Seaking (MkV and MkVI) and both marks of Naval Jetstream.
Nick has served as the first Commanding Officer of 727 Naval Air Squadron, which was re-commissioned in 2001, as Senior Pilot on 771 and 750 Naval Air Squadron.Â He has gained numerous highly regarded aircrew qualifications during his time in the Royal Navy, such as Qualified Flying instructor and Qualified Helicopter Instructor, enabling him to instruct all aviation disciplines within the Royal Navy.
Currently serving in 750 Naval Air Squadron, he will introduce the new King Air into Naval Service, which will involve significant training for the Squadron staff and he is currently teaching Army Flying Instructors the basics of multi engine flying on the Jetstream.
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre to Start Helipad Construction
- Toledo Police to sell Robinson R44
- Airbus Helicopters launches new high-end bespoke brand at EBACE
- Russian Helicopters supply aviation equipment for helicopters of the Peruvian Air Force
- Metro Aviation hosts Leadership Conference
- Rogerson Kratos UH-60A Upgrades with Cockpit Modernization
- VNH South completes test flight to Times Square rooftop pad in Ho Chi Minh City
- UEC Presents Newest Russian Engines for Aircraft and Helicopters at SITDEF in Peru
- Vector Aerospace enhances UH-1H hot, high and heavy performance
- Martin-Baker awarded $27M contract for 1,016 UH-60 Blackhawk operator seats
- Lockheed Martin awarded $332M contract for Apache Night Vision Sensor System work
- Sikorsky awarded $38M contract for the renovation of 381 UH-60 tail rotor blades
- Boeing awarded $541M contract for production of 15 CH-47Fs
- Kenya orders twelve MD530F helicopters
- Slovakia military orders nine Bell 429s
- 21-May-17 Ahmar el Ain, Algeria (5F)
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- 20-May-17 N2322Z Robinson R22 Linden, US-New Jersey
- 20-May-17 N778TL Robinson R44 Canon City, US-Colorado
- Maverick Helicopters wins eight consecutive Best Air Tour award