Vinacopter orders four helicopters to develop commercial helicopter market in Vietnam
Eurocopter Southeast Asia (ESEA), subsidiary of the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturer, today announced that it has signed its first contract with Vinacopter for the purchase of four helicopters. This sale is a vote of confidence for Eurocopterâ€™s proven product offering in a rapidly developing market.
Vinacopter has purchased four Eurocopter helicopters to serve as the launch fleet for its newly created subsidiary, HeliVietnam, a new commercial charter venture. The fleet, which will consist of one AS355NP, a new generation light twin engine helicopter, two high performance single engine AS350B3 aircraft and one twin engine EC135, will be used for tourism and VIP transport. Delivery of the AS355NP is scheduled for the first half of 2010 while the remainder of the fleet will be delivered in the second half of 2011.
Dr. Bernhard Brenner, President of ESEA said: â€œVietnam is a very important growth market for us in Asia. We believe that there are tremendous opportunities in Vietnam, where our product range perfectly matches the requirements for civil missions. We are proud that Vinacopter has chosen to build its fleet using Eurocopter aircraft and we know that our helicopters will deliver the reliable and efficient performance needed for Vinacopterâ€™s success.â€
This contract signing follows the announcement made earlier this week by Eurocopter at the Singapore Airshow that Vietnam will be a key focus area and growth driver for the company in 2010. Eurocopter currently holds 50% of the civil and parapublic helicopter fleet in Vietnam. Adding value to Eurocopterâ€™s growing customer base in Vietnam, ESEA has recently inaugurated On-Job-Training programmes which offer opportunities for fleet operators to acquire further industry knowledge and technical capability.
About Eurocopter Southeast Asia
Eurocopter South East Asia (ESEA) is the Regional Headquarters of Eurocopter, the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturer. Established in 1977 in Singapore, ESEA is in-charge of the sales and customer support activities of 14 territories in the region. In 2009, ESEA achieved a turnover of 124 million Euro. With a staff-strength of nearly 200 professionals, the company has developed a successful commercial network of Singapore-based sales team and regional sales managers and technical representatives.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a Division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defence and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approx. 15,600 people. In 2009, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the worldâ€™s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market, with a turnover of 4.6 billion Euros, orders for 344 new helicopters, and a 52 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Groupâ€™s products account for 30 percent of the total world helicopter fleet. Its strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 18 subsidiaries on five continents, along with a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centres. More than 10,500 Eurocopter helicopters are currently in service with over 2,800 customers in more than 140 countries. Eurocopter offers the largest civil and military helicopter range in the world.
- StandardAero renews Air Methods AS350 and EC130 Components contract
- Simrik Air adds new H125 ‘9N-AKD’ chopper to its fleet
- 29-Sep-18 N849NA Airbus AS350B2 Alto, US-New Mexico
- 28-Sep-18 N907PL Airbus AS350B3 Lituya Bay, US-Alaska (3F)
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- EASA Certified AS350 Retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Lee County acquires six Airbus H125s
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- BLR Aerospace Announces First H125 FastFin System Factory Installation
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Lawsuit filed over 2016 AS350 accident in Antarctica
- 01-Jan-18 ZS-??? Airbus AS350B3 Cathedral Peak, South Africa
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters