Vinacopter orders four helicopters to develop commercial helicopter market in Vietnam
Eurocopter Southeast Asia (ESEA), subsidiary of the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturer, today announced that it has signed its first contract with Vinacopter for the purchase of four helicopters. This sale is a vote of confidence for Eurocopterâ€™s proven product offering in a rapidly developing market.
Vinacopter has purchased four Eurocopter helicopters to serve as the launch fleet for its newly created subsidiary, HeliVietnam, a new commercial charter venture. The fleet, which will consist of one AS355NP, a new generation light twin engine helicopter, two high performance single engine AS350B3 aircraft and one twin engine EC135, will be used for tourism and VIP transport. Delivery of the AS355NP is scheduled for the first half of 2010 while the remainder of the fleet will be delivered in the second half of 2011.
Dr. Bernhard Brenner, President of ESEA said: â€œVietnam is a very important growth market for us in Asia. We believe that there are tremendous opportunities in Vietnam, where our product range perfectly matches the requirements for civil missions. We are proud that Vinacopter has chosen to build its fleet using Eurocopter aircraft and we know that our helicopters will deliver the reliable and efficient performance needed for Vinacopterâ€™s success.â€
This contract signing follows the announcement made earlier this week by Eurocopter at the Singapore Airshow that Vietnam will be a key focus area and growth driver for the company in 2010. Eurocopter currently holds 50% of the civil and parapublic helicopter fleet in Vietnam. Adding value to Eurocopterâ€™s growing customer base in Vietnam, ESEA has recently inaugurated On-Job-Training programmes which offer opportunities for fleet operators to acquire further industry knowledge and technical capability.
About Eurocopter Southeast Asia
Eurocopter South East Asia (ESEA) is the Regional Headquarters of Eurocopter, the worldâ€™s leading helicopter manufacturer. Established in 1977 in Singapore, ESEA is in-charge of the sales and customer support activities of 14 territories in the region. In 2009, ESEA achieved a turnover of 124 million Euro. With a staff-strength of nearly 200 professionals, the company has developed a successful commercial network of Singapore-based sales team and regional sales managers and technical representatives.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a Division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defence and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approx. 15,600 people. In 2009, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the worldâ€™s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer in the civil and parapublic market, with a turnover of 4.6 billion Euros, orders for 344 new helicopters, and a 52 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Groupâ€™s products account for 30 percent of the total world helicopter fleet. Its strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 18 subsidiaries on five continents, along with a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centres. More than 10,500 Eurocopter helicopters are currently in service with over 2,800 customers in more than 140 countries. Eurocopter offers the largest civil and military helicopter range in the world.
- FAA certified retrofittable Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank for AS350 and EC130
- ASU Obtains NVIS Transport Canada STC on AS350
- FB Heliservices begin DHFS AS350 fleet disposal
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- Heli-One Norway Adds Airbus AS350 Blade Repair Capability
- FAA approves AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit from Swiss Rotor Solutions
- 20-Aug-17 OE-XTM Airbus AS350B3 Cabril, Portugal (1F)
- AeroBrigham to represent Swiss Rotor Solutions in US
- Robertson testing AS350 crash resistant fuel tank
- Swiss Rotor Solutions takes AS350 Maximum Pilot View Kit to ALEA 2017
- 22-May-17 N207CH Airbus AS350B2 Herbert Glacier, US-Alaska
- 13-May-17 HB-ZTM Airbus AS350B2 Kandersteg, Switzerland (1F)
- H125 FastFin Approved by Transport Canada
- 10-May-17 G-HKCN Airbus H125 Bergen, Norway
- Swedish pilots involved in helicopter accident
- 07-May-17 9N-AKG Airbus AS350B3e Everest Base Camp, Nepal
- Airbus Helicopters takes H125 production line into the digital age
- 05-May-17 G-MATH Airbus AS350B3 Wycombe Air Park, UK
- Vector and Robertson finalizing design of AS350/EC130 fuel tank