Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has selected Hamilton Sundstrand as the exclusive provider for a new small gas turbine FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system. The FADEC is being developed for use on Rolls-Royce engines under 2000 shaft horsepower (shp).
Ken Roberts, President of the Rolls-Royce Helicopter Engine business, said: â€œThis new FADEC will provide our customers with significant benefits, offering a state-of-the-art, flexible and affordable control system for both helicopter and fixed-wing applications.Â Teaming with Hamilton Sundstrand, a partner with proven and strong core competencies in advanced control systems, ensures we are well placed to meet the needs of a broad range of small engine customers during the coming decades.â€
Steve Peery, Vice President of Hamilton Sundstrandâ€™s Engine Systems business, said:Â â€œWe are eager to begin work on this next-generation FADEC system in this long-term partnership with Rolls-Royce. This FADEC family will be configured for affordability and adaptability, offering differentiation to customers in a growing business segment.â€
Rolls-Royce and Hamilton Sundstrand are working together to develop a flexible FADEC design that can be modified to fit multiple Rolls-Royce engines under 2000 shp.Â This new control system is being designed to meet all applicable civil and military requirements.
Rolls-Royce was awarded a contract by the U.S. Army in October of 2009 to develop a new dual channel FADEC for the Kiowa Warrior helicopter.Â Rolls-Royce will apply the new FADEC being developed with Hamilton Sundstrand to meet this requirement.
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Japan Coast Guard acquires four Bell 505s
- CHC Appoints New General Counsel
- Alyssum Group acquires aviation services company RocketRoute