Rotorcraft Leasing Company (RLC), the largest privately-held FAA-certified provider of helicopter transportation services in the Gulf of Mexico, recently credited Component Control’s Quantum Control aviation enterprise resource planning (ERP) software for completing a physical count of more than 635 million parts in seven weeks.
“Since we had doubled our inventory value from $12 million in 2008 to $26 million in 2009, we anticipated the count taking far longer than usual,” said Joyce Cornett, RLC Business Process Manager. “To our surprise, we completed the physical inventory of 10 bases and our parts distribution center by the third week in December. Prior to 2009, we couldn’t complete the physical inventory by year’s end.”
RLC used Quantum’s barcode scanning and physical inventory features to initiate a new batch-based inventory procedure. According to Cornett, the barcoding process allowed RLC to identify and research variances immediately rather than waiting days for the inventory to be entered by hand. Cornett anticipates the 2010 inventory process to be even more efficient since all bases are now using the barcoding system on a daily basis.
Quantum Control combines manufacturing, shop floor control, inventory management, accounting, e-commerce, sales and invoicing, and other business functions into one integrated software suite.
About Rotorcraft Leasing Company
Rotorcraft Leasing Company L.L.C. is a leading provider of complete helicopter services to the oil and gas industry throughout the Gulf of Mexico. RLC provides comprehensive logistics and transportation services of personnel and equipment to offshore production platforms and drilling rigs with a fleet of 154 medium and heavy-lift helicopters. From 10 bases around the Gulf of Mexico and one in southern California, RLC also provides full-service helicopter maintenance.
About Component Control
Component Control, based in San Diego, Calif., is a leading developer and provider of aviation management software solutions. Its core product, Quantum Control, is a powerful ERP application designed specifically for the aviation industry and provides advanced aviation management support to original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket service divisions, component repair and overhaul companies, fixed base operators, aircraft completion centers, airlines, MRO facilities, and part distribution / redistribution companies. More than 750 customers in 49 countries use Quantum Control to manage their aviation operations.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi