American Eurocopter announced that Travis County STAR Flight has ordered another EC145 for its public safety air rescue program based in Austin, Texas. This will be the third EC145 in its fleet providing service and support for more than 19 counties in the central Texas area.
“STAR Flight is a premiere program in the United States that utilizes their helicopters for air medical, search and rescue, law enforcement and fire fighting missions,” said Marc Paganini, American Eurocopter President and CEO. “They needed a truly multi -mission helicopter and the EC145 gives them the power, size and versatility to meet all of their mission needs.”
“We perform a variety of missions, but our specialty is EMS and we need an aircraft that is very adaptable,” said Casey Ping, STAR Flight Program. “This EC145 will provide additional capabilities across all spectrums,” Ping also explained that the cabin size of the EC145 allows them the flexibility to switch out configurations in a matter of minutes. “When needed, we can change from an air medical configuration to a fire fighting configuration in about five minutes.”
The EC145 offers multi-mission capability in a medium-class, twin-engine helicopter and has become the preferred aircraft for a variety of missions. With its speed, advanced glass cockpit, extra-large cabin and exceptional visibility, the EC145 has made its mark in the U.S. market, particularly among air medical service operators. The aircraft’s high-set main and tail rotors help ensure safe ground operations, even during “hot” loading/unloading with blades turning.
STAR Flight is the only 24/7 aerial emergency medical service in Texas that performs highly specialized emergency response services, including, emergency medical transport, still and swift-water rescue, search and rescue, high angle rescue, fire suppression/aerial reconnaissance, and law safety assistance.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopter’s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS, that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Army’s Light Utility Helicopter program.
- PAC International completes EC145 refurbishment
- ATP improves torquing method for Airbus EC145
- Duke Life Flight EC145 crash leads to lawsuit against Safran and pilot
- Anti-corruption questions over Airbus EC145 sale to Kazakhstan
- Airbus shows H130 and EC145 at AMTC 2017
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- The French Gendarmerie Nationale Orders an Additional EC145
- Iraq Ministry of Oil receives four EC145s
- The Helicopter Flight Training Center goes international
- New Location is LifeFlight’s First in Northwest Pennsylvania
- NZ CAA approves Metro Aviation EC145 simulator
- 22-May-17 AN-136 Eurocopter EC145 Punta Chame, Panama
- 19-May-17 N197LL Airbus EC145 Terre Haute, US-Indiana
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- New Life Star Hangar in Meriden
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers