The World Record Helicopter Team and the USA Academy Of Aviation have announced a “Fund Racer” helicopter world speed record attempt to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Date: April 7, 2010 (weather permitting)
Pilots: Chief Pilot Johan Nurmi, Brent McNevin and Travis Reid
Helicopter: Robinson R44 Clipper
From: Los Angeles International Airport (rooftop helicopter pad at Parking Structure Four) to Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport and return.
Fundraising Goal: To raise $1 million for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Donations should be sent directly to St. Jude Children's Hospital; call 1-800-805-5856 to make a donation.
Route: Los Angeles, Calif. – Phoenix, Ariz. – El Paso, Texas – Dallas, Texas – Shreveport, La. – Key, Miss. – Columbus, Ga. – Savannah/Hilton Head Airport and return.
The Team's Current World Records : Three World Speed Records flying coast-to-coast and back in different helicopter models, plus five U.S. National Speed Records, approved by NAA and FAI.
Current Record LAX to Savannah and return: Set Nov. 2, 2005; 88 hours and 43 minutes.
How it works: The race clock starts at takeoff, and ends when the team breaks the finish line. The longer the re-fueling of the helicopter, the slower the time en route. It is therefore important to maximize time in the air.
Sponsorship Opportunities and Contact Info: Contact Johan Nurmi at 951-600-2883 or 951-551-6592 (cell).
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69