EraMED LLC and LifeFlight of Maine announced today the renewal of their contract naming EraMED as LifeFlight of Maineâ€™s provider of aviation management services. The two companies have worked together providing air emergency medical services since July 1998.
LifeFlight of Maine owns two Agusta 109E helicopters; one based at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine, and the other based at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine, which cover all of Maine and its offshore islands. The aircraft transport patients primarily to the three trauma centers in Maine: Eastern Maine, Central Maine and Maine Medical Centers. Patients are also transported to hospitals in New Hampshire, Vermont and specialty centers located in Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2008, the National Association of Air Medical Services presented the Program of the Year award to LifeFlight of Maine at the Associationâ€™s annual meeting. The award recognizes an emergency medical transport program that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, management prowess, quality leadership through visionary and innovative approaches, customer service, safety consciousness, marketing ingenuity, community service and commitment to the medical transport community, as a whole.
LifeFlight Executive Director Tom Judge said, â€œWe operate in a challenging environment and expect world class performance for the people of Maine. As one of the worldâ€™s leading aviation companies, EraMEDâ€™s operating philosophy and focus on safety, consistency, cost value, and quality performance fit well with our ethos of just culture. EraMED operates our Agusta aircraft at 98% availability, we continue to build an innovative low level IFR system, and we have been able to integrate our management systems and operations performance improvement. We expect world class performance and EraMED consistently delivers.â€
EraMED Vice President and General Manager, Terry Umfleet said, â€œEraMED is pleased to have the opportunity to continue our long standing relationship with LifeFlight of Maine. The proactive approach to sound operating practices and the positive safety culture within their program is a testament to their commitment to quality service. EraMED looks forward to continuing our long relationship.â€
About LifeFlight of Maine
LifeFlight of Maine is a nonprofit, statewide critical care helicopter service. Since 1998, Maine’s only such service has safely transported more than 10,000 critically ill and injured patients from nearly all of the state’s communities and offshore islands. LifeFlight is Maine’s only licensed Scene Response Air Ambulance and is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It complements and supports the work of local physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMS squads in caring for the critically ill and injured.
About EraMED LLC
EraMED is an innovative air medical service company, providing medical institutions with around-the-clock flight services that include pilots, maintenance, communications support and a diverse fleet of sophisticated twin-engine turbine helicopters. EraMED offers fleet management services to medical providers who own their own aircraft, as well as providing aircraft leasing arrangements for helicopter services.
- London Biggin Hill Airport introduces the London Heli Shuttle service
- Carabinieros de Chile selects Trakkabeam A800 Searchlight
- South African A109 LUHs grounded again?
- Summit Air Ambulance Takes Delivery of Its First AW119Kx
- Conklin & de Decker Release the Aircraft Cost Evaluator 2014 Volume II
- Uber Has Helicopters In Australia Now
- AgustaWestland Delivers GrandNew to SevenBar
- Japan National Police Agency orders an AW109 Power for the Kyoto Police
- All Metal Announces The AW109 Canopy for Aircraft Maintanance
- 03-Sep-14 XC-ALM AgustaWestland AW109S Lerma, Mexico (2F)
- Bird’s eye view: Xiamen adds new helicopter for helicopter tourism
- Terna choses AW109 Power for electricity infrastructure monitoring
- Elitaliana signs for two AW109 Trekkers
- AgustaWestland impresses with Farnborough line-up
- Uganda orders GrandNew and W-3A Sokol for Law Enforcement
- Airmedic acquires two new AgustaWestland 109 GrandNew
- GrandNew chosen for new Southern Hokkaido Doctor Heli base
- Sloane Helicopters marks 25 years at Sywell and 45 in business
- Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance completes 6,000 missions
- Sloane Helicopters invites you to their stand at HeliUK Expo