EraMED LLC and LifeFlight of Maine announced today the renewal of their contract naming EraMED as LifeFlight of Maineâ€™s provider of aviation management services. The two companies have worked together providing air emergency medical services since July 1998.
LifeFlight of Maine owns two Agusta 109E helicopters; one based at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine, and the other based at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine, which cover all of Maine and its offshore islands. The aircraft transport patients primarily to the three trauma centers in Maine: Eastern Maine, Central Maine and Maine Medical Centers. Patients are also transported to hospitals in New Hampshire, Vermont and specialty centers located in Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2008, the National Association of Air Medical Services presented the Program of the Year award to LifeFlight of Maine at the Associationâ€™s annual meeting. The award recognizes an emergency medical transport program that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, management prowess, quality leadership through visionary and innovative approaches, customer service, safety consciousness, marketing ingenuity, community service and commitment to the medical transport community, as a whole.
LifeFlight Executive Director Tom Judge said, â€œWe operate in a challenging environment and expect world class performance for the people of Maine. As one of the worldâ€™s leading aviation companies, EraMEDâ€™s operating philosophy and focus on safety, consistency, cost value, and quality performance fit well with our ethos of just culture. EraMED operates our Agusta aircraft at 98% availability, we continue to build an innovative low level IFR system, and we have been able to integrate our management systems and operations performance improvement. We expect world class performance and EraMED consistently delivers.â€
EraMED Vice President and General Manager, Terry Umfleet said, â€œEraMED is pleased to have the opportunity to continue our long standing relationship with LifeFlight of Maine. The proactive approach to sound operating practices and the positive safety culture within their program is a testament to their commitment to quality service. EraMED looks forward to continuing our long relationship.â€
About LifeFlight of Maine
LifeFlight of Maine is a nonprofit, statewide critical care helicopter service. Since 1998, Maine’s only such service has safely transported more than 10,000 critically ill and injured patients from nearly all of the state’s communities and offshore islands. LifeFlight is Maine’s only licensed Scene Response Air Ambulance and is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It complements and supports the work of local physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMS squads in caring for the critically ill and injured.
About EraMED LLC
EraMED is an innovative air medical service company, providing medical institutions with around-the-clock flight services that include pilots, maintenance, communications support and a diverse fleet of sophisticated twin-engine turbine helicopters. EraMED offers fleet management services to medical providers who own their own aircraft, as well as providing aircraft leasing arrangements for helicopter services.
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- SaxonAir orders a new AW109SP GrandNew
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- Helicopter Services adds new AW109SP GrandNew to its charter fleet
- Castle Air buys Bristow Academy base in UK
- Philippines allocates $800K for AW109E spares
- First flight of AW109 Trekker announced
- Shizuoka Air Commuter orders a second GrandNew
- New Director of Sales and Marketing at Sloane Helicopters
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- Dubai Police celebrates 20 years of flying AW109s
- Dubai Air Wing celebrates 20 years with AW
- Batch of AgustaWestland related domain names for sale
- Children’s Air Ambulance launches TV fundraising
- Royal Air Force to receive AW109SP GrandNew
- AgustaWestland 109SP GrandNew sold to corporate user in Brazil
- 17-Jul-15 OM-ATB Agusta 109K2 Hrabusice, Slovakia (4F)
- AgustaWestland to Highlight New Mexico State Police AW109 at ALEA 2015
- 05-Jul-15 RP-C2726 AgustaWestland AW109E Mt. Maculot, Philippines (2F)