EraMED LLC and LifeFlight of Maine announced today the renewal of their contract naming EraMED as LifeFlight of Maine’s provider of aviation management services. The two companies have worked together providing air emergency medical services since July 1998.
LifeFlight of Maine owns two Agusta 109E helicopters; one based at Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine, and the other based at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Maine, which cover all of Maine and its offshore islands. The aircraft transport patients primarily to the three trauma centers in Maine: Eastern Maine, Central Maine and Maine Medical Centers. Patients are also transported to hospitals in New Hampshire, Vermont and specialty centers located in Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2008, the National Association of Air Medical Services presented the Program of the Year award to LifeFlight of Maine at the Association’s annual meeting. The award recognizes an emergency medical transport program that has demonstrated a superior level of patient care, management prowess, quality leadership through visionary and innovative approaches, customer service, safety consciousness, marketing ingenuity, community service and commitment to the medical transport community, as a whole.
LifeFlight Executive Director Tom Judge said, “We operate in a challenging environment and expect world class performance for the people of Maine. As one of the world’s leading aviation companies, EraMED’s operating philosophy and focus on safety, consistency, cost value, and quality performance fit well with our ethos of just culture. EraMED operates our Agusta aircraft at 98% availability, we continue to build an innovative low level IFR system, and we have been able to integrate our management systems and operations performance improvement. We expect world class performance and EraMED consistently delivers.”
EraMED Vice President and General Manager, Terry Umfleet said, “EraMED is pleased to have the opportunity to continue our long standing relationship with LifeFlight of Maine. The proactive approach to sound operating practices and the positive safety culture within their program is a testament to their commitment to quality service. EraMED looks forward to continuing our long relationship.”
About LifeFlight of Maine
LifeFlight of Maine is a nonprofit, statewide critical care helicopter service. Since 1998, Maine's only such service has safely transported more than 10,000 critically ill and injured patients from nearly all of the state's communities and offshore islands. LifeFlight is Maine's only licensed Scene Response Air Ambulance and is on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It complements and supports the work of local physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and EMS squads in caring for the critically ill and injured.
About EraMED LLC
EraMED is an innovative air medical service company, providing medical institutions with around-the-clock flight services that include pilots, maintenance, communications support and a diverse fleet of sophisticated twin-engine turbine helicopters. EraMED offers fleet management services to medical providers who own their own aircraft, as well as providing aircraft leasing arrangements for helicopter services.
- UK – Rotormotion sold to Castle Air
- Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Rutland Air Ambulance begin Grand New operations
- South Africa resumes A109LUH conversion course
- AgustaWestland confirms Philippine contract for eight AW109 Powers
- Philippine Air Force orders eight AW109s
- TriState CareFlight Reaches Fleet Milestone of 60,000 Hours
- AgustaWestland donates $15,000 to LifeFlight of Maine
- Utah Valley Regional Medical Center celebrates 13 years of Lifeflight
- Italian VIP customers order three AW139s and a GrandNew
- GrandNew Training Services Go Live in Switzerland
- Canada approves Aerolite AW109SP medical interior
- AgustaWestland showcases corporate range at LABACE 2013
- 03-Aug-13 N109WJ Agusta 109A Fort Lauderdale, US-Florida
- 02-Aug-13 H-39 Agusta 109BA Bevekom, Belgium
- Budget cuts ground most of South African A109LUH fleet
- Eichsfeld Air Takes Delivery of a GrandNew
- Sloane Helicopters adds EMS AW109SP GrandNew to fleet
- Phoenix Helicopters reports best ever British Grand Prix
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- GrandNew Full Flight Simulator to Rega and fully Swiss-certified