A Dauphin N2 helicopter supplied to the Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS) charity by Multiflight has been launched in Newcastle.
The helicopter, the first of two Dauphin N2 helicopters that Multiflight has supplied to the charity, flew in over the Tyne and landed on Gateshead's Quayside for the launch event. Representatives from GNAAS, Multiflight and the media were among those present to greet the helicopter as it landed.
The new life-saving aircraft, which is painted in its official GNAAS livery and is kitted out with state-of-the-art life-saving equipment, will be known as the "Guardian of the North".
The Eurocopter AS 365N2 Dauphin helicopter belonged to Multiflight's fleet of charter helicopters. The company, which specialises in buying and selling aircraft, maintained and operated the Dauphin for a private individual under its Air Operators Certificate.
The helicopter will serve the communities across the North West of England, North Yorkshire and Cumbria.
Steve Borrowdale, Multiflight's Managing Director, said Multiflight was delighted to have been chosen to help and support GNAAS with buying two helicopters, as well as the management and crewing of both aircraft.
"The newly-launched helicopter will be a great asset to the valuable service that the charity provides," he said.
[photo - Grahame Pickering, Chief Executive of GNAAS, shakes hands with Steve Borrowdale, Multiflight's Managing Director.]
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio
- UK: Memorial unveiled for victims of Morecambe Bay crash