The Swedish Defence Material Administration (FMV) has awarded Thales Norway a contract to supply the Swedish Armed Forces with a new Command and Control (C2) system for helicopter units.
According to the contract, Thales will be responsible for system design, integration and supply of C2 systems for Helicopter Units within the Swedish Armed Forces (SwAF). The system will provide improved command and control capability for helicopter units when deployed in national or international operations. It will be an integrated part of the Armed Forces overall C2 systems, and will be interoperable with existing mobile C2 systems within the Air Force and Nordic Battle Group.
Thales will supply a flexible C2 system based upon the general architecture of all C2 systems in the armed forces.
Thales is a trusted partner of the Swedish Armed Forces. As Glenn Pedersen, Managing Director of Thales Norway, explains: "We are extremely proud of the trust we have been given by the FMV. This contract award recognises Thales’s technological excellence and expertise in modern C2 systems, and confirms Thales’s strong presence as a systems integrator in the Swedish market”.
About Thales and Thales Norway
Thales is a global technology leader for the Aerospace and Space, Defence, Security and Transportation markets. In 2009, the company generated revenues of 12.9 billion euros with 68,000 employees in 50 countries. With its 25,000 engineers and researchers, Thales has a unique capability to design, develop and deploy equipment, systems and services that meet the most complex security requirements. Thales has an exceptional international footprint, with operations around the world working with customers as local partners. www.thalesgroup.com
Thales Norway is a trusted partner of the Norwegian Defence Force. Thales Norway develops and delivers secure and rugged information- and communication solutions for mobile and stationary use for military customers. Thales Norway has supplied Norway, NATO and other countries with infrastructure systems and security solutions for decades. www.thales.no
- UK – Starspeed signs for a second AW169
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350