Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky's Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman's 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman's 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman's President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
"We take great pride in this milestone," noted Neal Keating. "We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft."
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, "Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky and Turkey sign Black Hawk licensing and manufacturing agreements
- US Air Force mulls whether it can afford HH-60G Pave Hawk replacement
- Third and Fourth Australian MH-60Rs Complete Production
- Sikorsky Training Academy Graduates First Class of S-70i Pilots and Maintainers
- 23-Feb-14 EJC-2160 Sikorsky UH-60L Hondas, Colombia (4F)
- Engility awarded $40M contract for EW system modifications, including MH-60R
- US Army 1-228th Aviation Regiment gains deck-landing qualifications
- US Coast Guard helicopters train aboard the US Navy’s newest warship
- Sikorsky awarded $10M more for Presidential VH-3D and VH-60N fleet
- UH-60M Instructor pilot earns Broken Wing Award
- 09-Feb-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Lilburn, US-Georgia
- USS Halyburton MH-60R assists in rescue of crashed Panamanian Bell 412EP
- Exelis to provide radios for US Army Blackhawks and Chinooks
- Rumours of Sikorsky sell-off exaggerated – for now…
- Kratos receives $35M contract for MH-60 Aircrew Training Systems
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M contract to include SH-60 maintenance
- CV International awarded $15M contract for helicopter maintenance platforms
- Breeze-Eastern wins $37M contract for Advanced Rescue Hoists