Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky's Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman's 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman's 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman's President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
"We take great pride in this milestone," noted Neal Keating. "We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft."
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, "Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Optionally-Piloted Black Hawk makes successful first flight
- Lockheed Martin awarded $7.2M order for H-60R/S cockpit repairs
- Raytheon awarded $17M for MH-60R/S Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- 09-Apr-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Wisemans Ferry, Australia
- L-3 Communications awarded $24M more for Corpus Christi Army Depot work
- US Navy weapons program delivers new capability for H-60 helicopters
- Kaman delivers its 1,000th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky
- Sikorsky confirms it overcharged US Army for Black Hawk parts
- TFAB Ground Systems awarded $76M for Chinook and Blackhawk engine diagnostics
- 25-Mar-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Hebron, Israel
- Ducommun Expands Supplier Gold Status from Sikorsky
- Base for Australian MH-60R fleet progresses at full speed
- Concurrent Technologies win $15M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Counter Measures work
- Raytheon win $12M contract for MH-60 Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky and Turkey sign Black Hawk licensing and manufacturing agreements
- US Air Force mulls whether it can afford HH-60G Pave Hawk replacement
- Third and Fourth Australian MH-60Rs Complete Production