Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky's Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman's 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman's 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman's President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
"We take great pride in this milestone," noted Neal Keating. "We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft."
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, "Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- IE Pacific awarded $7.8M contract for H-60 facility at Naval Base Coronado
- AAR wins US Army Contract to Overhaul Black Hawk APUs
- First Hellfire missile test for Royal Australian Navy MH-60R
- Tunisia requests 12 UH-60M Black Hawks
- US Army selects Pall inlet barrier filters for Black Hawk
- Sikorsky awarded $14M delivery order on Australian MH-60R program
- Lockheed Martin awarded $11M MH-60R/S retrofit program contract
- Australia – $35M MH-60R facility approved for construction near Nowra
- MQ-8B Fire Scout successfully tested aboard ship with MH-60R
- US Army Europe aviators arrive in Poland with UH-60Ls
- Black Hawk to come home to National Navy Seal Museum in Ft Pierce
- Carnegie Mellon and Sikorsky cooperate on Unmanned Ground Vehicle for autonomous Black Hawk
- US Navy’s FRCSE refurbishing helicopters for Spanish Navy
- Australian Army Black Hawk upgrade to hit 70 jobs
- Sikorsky awarded $24M more for UH-60 support
- L-3 awarded $48M contract for three UH-60L sims for Saudi Arabia
- CBP Receives Latest Black Hawk UH-60 “L” Model
- Sikorsky awarded $143M contract for 13 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Lockheed Martin awarded $38M contract for Danish MH-60R Advanced Data Transfer System
- Sikorsky to Develop Autonomous Black Hawk For Cargo Missions