Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky’s Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman’s 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman’s 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman’s President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
“We take great pride in this milestone,” noted Neal Keating. “We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft.”
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, “Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- US Army places $88M order for eight UH-60M
- First Sea Hawks delivered to Denmark this week
- Sikorsky conducts Combat Rescue Helicopter preliminary design review
- Sikorsky awarded $55M more for seven FMS UH-60M helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $11M for one more UH-60M
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.4M for MH-60 training
- Wyoming Army aviation is growing
- Canadian Commercial Corp awarded $9M contract for HH-60G repairs
- Polish factory completes 300th Black Hawk cabin
- Rotorcraft Modernization Efforts Back on Track, Officials Tell US Congress
- Sikorsky awarded $42M advance funding for 21 Army UH-60M and 15 HH-60M aircraft
- CAS awarded $11M for UH-60 FMS support work
- L-3 Communications awarded $28M orders for MH-60R and Fire Scout datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $387M order for 35 UH-60M
- BHI2 and United Rotorcraft extend UH-60 collaboration
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept Receives Sikorsky Rescue Award
- BHI² (BHI Squared) Helicopters Delivers 4th Type-Certificated UH-60A Commercial Hawk
- Sikorsky explores Saudi production line with Taqnia Aeronautics
- UTC Aerospace Systems wins $15.8M to develop HUMS for MH-60, UH-1Y and AH-1Z
- UH-60V Critical Design Review has been completed