Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky’s Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman’s 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman’s 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman’s President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
“We take great pride in this milestone,” noted Neal Keating. “We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft.”
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, “Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades
- V-280 Valor undergoing ground trials at Amarillo
- Sikorsky marks 30,000 Black Hawk hours in Brazilian military operation
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for BE UH-60 Blackhawk weapon system parts
- 07-Aug-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- 10 refurbished Black Hawk to fight Australian fires
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Raytheon awarded $11M contract for MH-60 Airborne Mine Neutralization Systems
- Martin-Baker awarded $27M contract for 1,016 UH-60 Blackhawk operator seats
- Sikorsky awarded $38M contract for the renovation of 381 UH-60 tail rotor blades
- 01-May-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Scottsville, US-New York
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- Ohio National Guard Blackhawk Upgrade
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership
- Three Black Hawks for Hawaii Army National Guard
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt