Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky’s Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman’s 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman’s 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman’s President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
“We take great pride in this milestone,” noted Neal Keating. “We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft.”
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, “Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract to expand UH-60L Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System
- San Diego Air & Space Museum welcomes SH-60B Seahawk
- Elbit to Supply DIRCM Self-Protection Systems for European and Asian Black Hawks
- 21-Jul-15 81-23609 Sikorsky UH-60 McPherson, US-Kansas
- 14-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 El Bejuco, Colombia (4F)
- Sikorsky awarded $11M modification for Jordanian UH-60M order
- CAE to develop an MH-60R composite maintenance trainer for Australia
- 05-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Sikorsky awarded $21M Modification on contract for one UH-60M
- Raytheon awarded $10M delivery order for H-60 FLIR repairs
- Denmark approves Seahawk offset industrial projects
- L-3 Communications awarded $10M option for eight MH-60R datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $7.7M order for MH-60R moving map integration
- US proposes $1.9 Billion sale of ten MH-60Rs and support package to Saudi Arabia
- Dillon Aero wins $14M contract for weapon systems on US Army helicopters
- GE wins deal worth up to $2 billion for engines for Taiwan, others
- Leesburg company to buy, refurbish used Blackhawks from Army
- Jordan requests a UH-60M VIP Blackhawk
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract
- Forestry Commission and National Guard partner for firefighting training in South Carolina