Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky's Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman's 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman's 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman's President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
"We take great pride in this milestone," noted Neal Keating. "We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft."
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, "Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- Austria files request for three UH-60Ms
- Brunei accepts four Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawks
- Brunei to take delivery of four Black Hawks this week
- Sikorsky awarded $46M contract to upgrade 26 Black Hawks for Taiwan
- Exelis awarded $7M contract for MH-60R radar signal simulators
- BSC Partners awarded $30M SBIR contract for Helicopter Operations Aircrew/Crew Chief Trainer
- Sikorsky awarded $77M in options for seven UH-60M Black Hawks
- General Electric awarded $13M contract for moving map work
- CTC awarded $14M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Countermeasures program
- AAI to Provide Advanced Boresight Equipment for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M order for VOR/ILS upgrades on Australian MH-60R
- Thales awarded $8.8M order for H-60 sonar
- Two more Black Hawks for Brazil
- L-3 awarded $7.3M more for radio terminal sets for Australian MH-60Rs
- Lockheed Martin awarded $113M USAF contract for SAR training simulators
- Turkey to sign $3.5 billion Black Hawk contract “in next 30 days”
- Sikorsky launches phase maintenance kits for Black Hawk
- ATEC Successfully Completes Testing of First HPW3000 Engine
- Elbit ready to deliver the H-60L Cockpit
- Sikorsky cancels unpaid leave plans