Kaman Aerostructures has recently delivered its 500th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX). The milestone UH-60M BLACK HAWK helicopter cockpit will be incorporated into an airframe which will undergo final assembly at Sikorsky’s Bridgeport, Conn. facility for delivery to the U.S. Army.
Delivery of Kaman’s 500th H-60 cockpit, which marks five years of the partnership between Sikorsky and Kaman on this program, occurred during a ceremony held at Kaman’s 220,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Jacksonville, Florida. The structure was delivered by Kaman’s President, Robert Kanaskie, on behalf of the approximately 400 employees on hand for the festivities. Also in attendance were senior Sikorsky management representatives, including Sherrie Casasanta, Vice President of Product Centers, and Mark Francis, General Manager Aerostructures; in addition to representatives of the U.S. armed forces including CDR Matthew Edwards, U.S. Navy, Production IPT Lead, H-60 Program; as well as dignitaries from the City of Jacksonville and the State of Florida. Kaman representatives in attendance included Chairman, President and CEO of Kaman Corporation, Neal Keating, and Gregory Steiner, President of Kaman Aerospace Group.
“We take great pride in this milestone,” noted Neal Keating. “We value our long standing relationship with Sikorsky on this subcontract program. All Kaman employees recognize its importance to the company and our customer. We also salute the brave men and women of our U.S. armed forces around the world who fly on these aircraft.”
Sherrie Casasanta, who accepted the cockpit on behalf of Sikorsky, noted, “Kaman Aerostructures has been an important and long-term supplier for the H-60 helicopter program, and today we are excited to join in this celebration of a milestone that is significant to both companies but even more importantly, significant to our U.S. government and other customers.
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- Ohio National Guard Blackhawk Upgrade
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership
- Three Black Hawks for Hawaii Army National Guard
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt
- Skycore and Unocal bring UH-60A Black Hawks to market
- Rockwell Collins selected by U.S. Army for UH-60Ms
- History made as MH-60S uses MQ-8B as laser designator platform
- Sikorsky Contracted for Modified UH-60M Black Hawks
- U.S. Army Selects Pall PUREair Dry Barrier Filter
- First search and rescue for MH-60R
- Taiwan Declines US MH-60R Offer
- CAE to upgrade two US Navy simulators
- Final MH-60R delivery to Royal Australian Navy
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk