Leading Heliport Development Firm Raymond A. Syms & Associates recently made its Hospital Heliport Facility and Training Manual Training Aid available free of charge as a service to heliport proponents throughout the United States.
Next to design faults, the most common cause of helicopter accidents at heliports is human error. Most of these errors could have been avoided with proper training and heliport operational knowledge. Heliport operators can help protect their heliport operation with a Heliport Facility and Training Manual.
Developed by Raymond A. Syms and Associates, a leader in heliport design and implementation, the manual is designed to help qualified helicopter aviation professionals develop a specific heliport safety, training and operations program to assist the safe and efficient operation of their facility. This valuable document covers all aspects of the safe operation of single-ship rooftop heliports, including safety management systems, downwash awareness, and helicopter safety.
The manual includes the following samples: Pilot Briefing Sheet, Facility Information Sheet, Emergency Procedures and Notification Sheets, Campus Map with Labels, Security Policy, Heliport and Helicopter Safety and Training Program and checklist, and clear descriptions of departmental responsibilities and guidelines regarding the safe operation of a single-aircraft, rooftop heliport. A valuable inclusion to a Safety Management System, the manual gives particular attention to helicopter safety, downwash awareness and potential heliport hazards.
By walking through the manual and filling in the specific details of their own facility, heliport operators can have a valuable resource for both operators and users of their site. The rooftop heliport has the most systems and interfaces of most civil heliports, ground level and other heliports can apply the principals to their own operations.
To access the document, please click here. Donâ€™t let staff who are inexperienced around helicopters and heliports, or helicopter operators unfamiliar with your operation, put your heliport in jeopardy of an accident. For a copy of this guide for your own use and/or assistance in tailoring it to your heliportâ€™s specific operations, please call 732-870-8883 or e-mail [email protected].
About Raymond A. Syms
Raymond A. Syms is a highly qualified and experienced helicopter pilot with over 10,000 flight hours. He is a senior member and Chairman of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 418, Fire Protection for Heliports Committee. He has also been a research contractor to the FAA and longâ€“time member of the FAA/Industry Heliport Working Group that produced past editions of the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circulars and also serves on the HAI Fly Neighborly, Heliport and Flight Operations Committee. Additionally, he is the designer and primary author of the HAI Heliport Development Guide. Syms also contributed to revision efforts relating to ICAO heliport regulations.
- Helisafari and Balearic Helicopters announce strategic partnership
- Oklahoma Passes Bill for Aerial Gunning of Wild Hogs
- CAACI Issues Warning after Kite Collision
- RMAF welcomes upgraded Nuri helicopter
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Russian Proposal for Service Centre in Sri Lanka
- 5th EDA HTIC to ‘take off’ with home-grown teachers
- Pawan Hans and Airbus Helicopters Collaborates for Maintenance Partnership
- Garmin® Unveils the Next Generation of All-in-One ADS-B Transponders
- HeliRussia and Show Observer celebrate a decade of partnership
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Pawan Hans, Dedicated First Integrated Heliport to the Nation
- Sky-Futures and Bristow Conduct Successful Interoperability Flight Test
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- SAFE Structure delivers hangar equipment to New Mexico Army National Guard
- Marine Corps Struggle with CH-53K Pricing
- Lifshitz & Miller LLP Announces Investigation of Air Methods
- Leonardo Expands In The Philippines
- The European Union and South Asia strengthen ties in civil aviation
- Bristow Group To Present At The Scotia Howard Weil 45th Annual Energy Conference