JETNET LLC, the leading provider of corporate aviation information, has released the April 2010 results for the pre-owned business jet, business turboprop, and helicopter markets.
Utica, NY (Vocus/PRWEB ) May 25, 2010 -- JETNET LLC, the leading provider of corporate aviation information, has released the April 2010 results for the pre-owned business jet, business turboprop, and helicopter markets
(editor note - Business Jet Aircraft and Business Turboprop Aircraft sections removed as not relevant to HeliHub.com)
Helicopter – Turbine
The number of pre-owned turbine helicopters for sale in April 2010 was less than 1,200 helicopters, or 200 less than the business turboprop market. The percentage for sale at 6.9% (a seller’s market) in April 2010 was higher compared to 6.2% in the April 2009.
The number of pre-owned full sale transactions for turbine helicopters increased by 13.5% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
The average days on the market for turbine helicopters was 314 days or 82 more days in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009. Also, the average asking price increased by 3.2% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
Helicopter – Piston
The number of pre-owned piston helicopters for sale in April 2010 was 577 helicopters, or half the number of turbine helicopters. The percentage for sale at 6.5% (a seller’s market) was below the 7.0% level from the same period of 2009.
The number of pre-owned full sale transactions for piston helicopters decreased by -17.7% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
The average days on the market for piston helicopters was 282 days or 80 more days than in the first four months of 2010 compared 2009. However, the average asking prices for the piston helicopters increased by 3.1% in the comparable periods.
Since 1988, JETNET has delivered the most comprehensive and reliable business aircraft research to its exclusive clientele of aviation professionals worldwide. JETNET is the ultimate source for information and intelligence on the worldwide business aircraft fleet and marketplace, comprised of some 60,000 airframes. The company offers services for both fixed wing and helicopter aircraft. Headquartered in its state-of-the-art facility in Utica, NY, JETNET offers comprehensive user-friendly aircraft data via real-time internet access or regular updates.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE