JETNET LLC, the leading provider of corporate aviation information, has released the April 2010 results for the pre-owned business jet, business turboprop, and helicopter markets.
Utica, NY (Vocus/PRWEB ) May 25, 2010 -- JETNET LLC, the leading provider of corporate aviation information, has released the April 2010 results for the pre-owned business jet, business turboprop, and helicopter markets
(editor note - Business Jet Aircraft and Business Turboprop Aircraft sections removed as not relevant to HeliHub.com)
Helicopter – Turbine
The number of pre-owned turbine helicopters for sale in April 2010 was less than 1,200 helicopters, or 200 less than the business turboprop market. The percentage for sale at 6.9% (a seller’s market) in April 2010 was higher compared to 6.2% in the April 2009.
The number of pre-owned full sale transactions for turbine helicopters increased by 13.5% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
The average days on the market for turbine helicopters was 314 days or 82 more days in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009. Also, the average asking price increased by 3.2% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
Helicopter – Piston
The number of pre-owned piston helicopters for sale in April 2010 was 577 helicopters, or half the number of turbine helicopters. The percentage for sale at 6.5% (a seller’s market) was below the 7.0% level from the same period of 2009.
The number of pre-owned full sale transactions for piston helicopters decreased by -17.7% in the first four months of 2010 compared to 2009.
The average days on the market for piston helicopters was 282 days or 80 more days than in the first four months of 2010 compared 2009. However, the average asking prices for the piston helicopters increased by 3.1% in the comparable periods.
Since 1988, JETNET has delivered the most comprehensive and reliable business aircraft research to its exclusive clientele of aviation professionals worldwide. JETNET is the ultimate source for information and intelligence on the worldwide business aircraft fleet and marketplace, comprised of some 60,000 airframes. The company offers services for both fixed wing and helicopter aircraft. Headquartered in its state-of-the-art facility in Utica, NY, JETNET offers comprehensive user-friendly aircraft data via real-time internet access or regular updates.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men