Aerospace Filtration Systems, Inc. (AFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE:DCI) and a division of the Aerospace & Defense group, has received an amendment to its current Transport Canada (TC) Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the AgustaWestland AW119 to include the new Ke model. The approval clears the way for operators of this enhanced version of the Koala to utilize a proven filtration solution. The Koala IBF system is already in use by AW119 operators across the globe performing a variety of missions including law enforcement, firefighting, utility and maritime surveillance.
IBF systems can enhance aircraft and mission availability by eliminating down-time resulting from premature, expensive turbine repairs prior to scheduled overhauls. When evaluating the fiscal side of air operations, taxpayers and budget managers alike can benefit from reduced engine overhaul costs. From the thin mountain air of Mount Everest to Arizona’s desert heat, helicopter operators are choosing to upgrade their engine protection with Donaldson IBF systems.
Providing the most comprehensive line of IBF solutions, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is the industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-performance engine IBF systems for commercial and military propulsion systems. Through their St. Louis, Missouri location, Donaldson provides certified IBF solutions for the AgustaWestland AW119 Koala, AW119Ke and AW139, Bell 205A1, 206B, 407, 206L-3/4, 206L-1(C30), 429 and 430; Eurocopter EC130, AS350 B/BA/B1/B2/B3, AS350’s with Soloy or Heli-Lynx Honeywell engine conversions and MD Helicopters MD 369H Series, MD 500D/E/F and MD 900/902. IBF solutions for the AgustaWestland AW109 Power and Grand, Eurocopter EC135 as well as the Bell 206L are currently in development.
To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, visit www.donaldson.aero or www.afs.donaldson.com.
About Donaldson Aerospace & Defense
Donaldson Aerospace and Defense is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering and manufacturing locations around the world.
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven company committed to satisfying our customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our employees contribute to the company’s success by supporting our customers at our more than 100 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- Kestrel Aviation Orders Two More AgustaWestland AW119Ke
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Chartright appointed AW Authorized Service Center
- EASA approves Dart Cable Cutters Kit for AW119
- Brazil approves Dart’s AW119 cable cutters
- 19-Oct-12 N207CF AgustaWestland AW119 Dolan Springs, US-Arizona
- Aviasur opens new AW Service Centre in Santiago, Chile
- EASA approves Dart Round-I-Beam™ Skidtubes on AW119
- 19-Jul-12 N911LS AgustaWestland AW119Ke Junction City, US-Kansas
- NYPD AW119 fleet achieves 20,000 hour milestone
- FAA approves Apical’s AW119 Cable Cutter kit
- South Africa – AW119 found smeared in mud, and blades cut off
- Police AW119 down in Brazil, 8 killed
- 08-May-12 PP-CGO AgustaWestland AW119 Piranhas, Brazil (8F)
- 06-Apr-12 RA-01980 AgustaWestland AW119Ke Lake Yanisyarvi, Russia
- Second AgustaWestland window pops out in two months
- Esperia renews its partnership with 2012 Cortina Winter Polo
- Life Flight Network orders 15 AW119Ke Helicopters
- Arrow Aviation appointed Authorized Service Centre for AW119 and AW139
- FAA grants STC for Appareo Vision 1000 on AW109 and AW119