WWRE 2010 is an open house and family event sponsored by the Los Alamitos Area Chamber of Commerce and the California National Guard’s Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB). All the activities will take place on the flightline on Los Alamitos Army Airfield (KSLI).
Los Alamitos Army Airfield is the last remaining military airfield in the greater LA/Orange County areas with the longest runways in the OC. The JFTB is also the disaster support area for S. California.
On display will be military aircraft, helicopters, many cars, and warbirds, along with public safety, first responder, and military equipment. Aircraft flyovers are planned including aircraft static displays.
Wings Wheels & Rotors will have various civilian and public safety helicopters with fire, police and military rotorcraft including some of the media aircraft seen daily on the air around SoCal. Along with the airplanes and warbirds are helicopter flights in civilian “choppers” for a small fee and free flights in general aviation airplanes by the Experimental Aircraft Association Young Eagles for youth between the ages of 8 and 17 years who are interested in flying and aviation.
The largest event will be a huge car show including custom cars, new autos, motorcycles, roadsters, antique vehicles, and hot rods. Awards to be presented for best cars. There will be many events for the family at WWRE 2010 along with a Kids Korner. Additionally, there will be food, including breakfast, music, vendors, displays, demonstrations, flybys and other activities on Sunday, 24 October.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the JFTB Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) funds for armed forces personnel on the base. Sponsor opportunities and vendor space available. Check with the Los Al Chamber of Commerce at 562-598-6659.
Free admission, free parking. Donations accepted. No Smoking,dogs,bikes or alcohol permitted. Open to the public. Picture I.D. required to enter the base
see also http://www.wwrexpo.net/
SUNDAY, 24 OCTOBER, 2010 from 9:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M.
LOS ALAMITOS ARMY AIRFIELD, JOINT FORCES TRAINING BASE
California National Guard
11200 Lexington Drive (for Map Quest)
Los Alamitos, California 90720-5000Â (OC Thomas Guide, pp 797)
(Katella at Lexington Dr)
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter
- Airbus promotes carbon content in colour scheme of third H160 prototype
- Falcon Aviation earns IS-BAH Accreditation
- Northland Rescue Helicopter and Fire and Emergency New Zealand Team Up
- South Korea conducts AH-64 missile drills