Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today announced its German Multi-Role Helicopter Team (GMRHT), consisting of several partnership agreements that will work together to introduce the Cyclone multi-role helicopter into Germany. The team collectively is offering a comprehensive solution for the requirements of the German Navy and Air Force. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
In June, Sikorsky finalized partnership agreements with Tier One German and European defence companies, Rheinmetall Defence Group, RUAG, MTU Aero Engines (MTU), and ZFL.
â€œTogether with General Dynamics Canada, our international integrated mission systems partner, the team is continuing to identify and select German companies to partner with on this initiative,â€ said Joseph Gigantelli, Sikorsky Vice President, European Sales. â€œWe believe we have a strong team and an equally strong offering of products and services for the German armed forces. We intend to provide Germany with the best technology that is available in-country and from around the world, and in doing so, provide a technologically superior aircraft.â€
The Cyclone helicopter provides multi-mission capabilities including anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, and search and rescue. The aircraft is a derivative of the S-92Â® helicopter, which gets its basic design from the BLACK HAWK helicopter, a proven, rugged and durable aircraft.
Among the features of the Cyclone aircraft are enhanced rotor and drive designs, bird strike protection, a flaw- and damage-tolerant design, and protection from turbine bursts. In addition, the aircraft have crashworthy seats, crash-resistant fuel systems, and High Intensity Radio Frequency (HIRF) and lightning protection.
Sikorsky has been growing its European business activities over the last several years. In 2007, PZL Mielec in Poland became a Sikorsky company and is the future manufacturer of the S-70iTM BLACK HAWK helicopter. Sikorsky also is actively exploring business opportunities for strategic European partners for component manufacturing and service centers for the entire Sikorsky product line.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in aircraft design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- Sikorsky relocates and expands parts stock in Brazil
- Milestone grows S92 fleet to 95 Helicopters
- Canada Certifies Increased Gross Weight for S-92
- Thai Aviation Services begins S-92 helicopter training
- Bristow UK Secures Contract to Support TAQA’s UK Operations
- Sikorsky Advances iFly Sikorsky™
- Sikorsky delivers 300th S92
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- Sonar problem stops Canadian S92 deck landings
- Science Channel to feature S92 in new Mega Machines series
- S92 Helicopters Certified to Operate in Mexico
- Bristow Norway wins five year contracts for two S92s
- Sikorsky complete first year of S92 spares centre in Norway
- Thai Aviation Services picks Skytrac for S76D and S92 fleet
- EASA approves Outerlink Flight Data Monitoring system for S92
- JSSI Enrolls Sikorsky S92 onto Tip-to-Tail Program
- HeliOffshore develops S92 tail rotor pitch guidance
- Bristow adds offshore AW189 in UK – impacts SAR fleet too
- Bristow transitions Prestwick SAR base from S92 to AW189