AgustaWestland and UI International (UII) are pleased to announce that the Korea National Police Agency (KNPA) has recently taken delivery of an AW119Ke single engine helicopter. The aircraft will perform law enforcement duties. The contract was signed in August 2009 by the Korean Public Procurement Services in order to support an on-going programme to modernize the police helicopter fleet.
This is the first AW119Ke to be purchased and introduced into service by the Korean Government and the third law enforcement helicopter sold into the Korean market. This AW119Ke will join two KNPA AW109 helicopters that have been in service for a number of years. To support the role the single engine helicopter is equipped with a powerful search light and cargo hook for utility operations
The AW119Ke is a spacious 8 seat single engine helicopter developed to provide high productivity and performance at a competitive price. The large unobstructed cabin permits rapid re-configuration for a variety of missions such as utility, passenger transport, emergency medical services and law enforcement role. The high power delivered by the PT6B-37A engine gives the AW119Ke outstanding performance that makes it the most cost productive helicopter in its class. Around 190 AW119s model have been ordered by almost 90 customers in nearly 30 countries for a wide range of applications.
The AW119Ke, thanks to unmatched performance, cabin space and robustness in its category, is perfectly suited to perform a number of roles including law enforcement, VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS, utility, firefighting and military duties. The AW119Ke has already been chosen or is in service with various law enforcement operators in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
AgustaWestland and United Industries International believe that this latest addition to the KNPA fleet of law enforcement helicopters represents a step up in capability for the Korean Law Enforcement service in the country. UI Helicopter (UIH), a subsidiary of the UI Group has established a fully approved AgustaWestland Customer Support Facility in South Korea to provide local support to the KNPA.
- Heli USA Airways files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- TriState CareFlight Reaches Fleet Milestone of 60,000 Hours
- Uniflight appointed AgustaWestland Service Center
- Life Flight Network Signs Firm Orders for Three AW119Kx
- AgustaWestland delivers tenth AW119Kx to Life Flight Network
- 14-Sep-13 AgustaWestland AW119 Selco Staritskogo, Russia (2F)
- Life Flight Network introduces AW119Kx at two Oregon bases
- AgustaWestland showcases corporate range at LABACE 2013
- L-3 Trilogy™ ESI Selected by AgustaWestland for AW119
- Tanis Aircraft Products adds AW119 STC for Preheat System
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Kestrel Aviation Orders Two More AgustaWestland AW119Ke
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Chartright appointed AW Authorized Service Center
- EASA approves Dart Cable Cutters Kit for AW119
- Brazil approves Dart’s AW119 cable cutters
- 19-Oct-12 N207CF AgustaWestland AW119 Dolan Springs, US-Arizona
- Aviasur opens new AW Service Centre in Santiago, Chile
- EASA approves Dart Round-I-Beam™ Skidtubes on AW119
- 19-Jul-12 N911LS AgustaWestland AW119Ke Junction City, US-Kansas