AgustaWestland and UI International (UII) are pleased to announce that the Korea National Police Agency (KNPA) has recently taken delivery of an AW119Ke single engine helicopter. The aircraft will perform law enforcement duties. The contract was signed in August 2009 by the Korean Public Procurement Services in order to support an on-going programme to modernize the police helicopter fleet.
This is the first AW119Ke to be purchased and introduced into service by the Korean Government and the third law enforcement helicopter sold into the Korean market. This AW119Ke will join two KNPA AW109 helicopters that have been in service for a number of years. To support the role the single engine helicopter is equipped with a powerful search light and cargo hook for utility operations
The AW119Ke is a spacious 8 seat single engine helicopter developed to provide high productivity and performance at a competitive price. The large unobstructed cabin permits rapid re-configuration for a variety of missions such as utility, passenger transport, emergency medical services and law enforcement role. The high power delivered by the PT6B-37A engine gives the AW119Ke outstanding performance that makes it the most cost productive helicopter in its class. Around 190 AW119s model have been ordered by almost 90 customers in nearly 30 countries for a wide range of applications.
The AW119Ke, thanks to unmatched performance, cabin space and robustness in its category, is perfectly suited to perform a number of roles including law enforcement, VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS, utility, firefighting and military duties. The AW119Ke has already been chosen or is in service with various law enforcement operators in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
AgustaWestland and United Industries International believe that this latest addition to the KNPA fleet of law enforcement helicopters represents a step up in capability for the Korean Law Enforcement service in the country. UI Helicopter (UIH), a subsidiary of the UI Group has established a fully approved AgustaWestland Customer Support Facility in South Korea to provide local support to the KNPA.
- Chartright appointed AW Authorized Service Center
- EASA approves Dart Cable Cutters Kit for AW119
- Brazil approves Dart’s AW119 cable cutters
- 19-Oct-12 N207CF AgustaWestland AW119 Dolan Springs, US-Arizona
- Aviasur opens new AW Service Centre in Santiago, Chile
- EASA approves Dart Round-I-Beam™ Skidtubes on AW119
- 19-Jul-12 N911LS AgustaWestland AW119Ke Junction City, US-Kansas
- NYPD AW119 fleet achieves 20,000 hour milestone
- FAA approves Apical’s AW119 Cable Cutter kit
- South Africa – AW119 found smeared in mud, and blades cut off
- Police AW119 down in Brazil, 8 killed
- 08-May-12 PP-CGO AgustaWestland AW119 Piranhas, Brazil (8F)
- 06-Apr-12 RA-01980 AgustaWestland AW119Ke Lake Yanisyarvi, Russia
- Second AgustaWestland window pops out in two months
- Esperia renews its partnership with 2012 Cortina Winter Polo
- Life Flight Network orders 15 AW119Ke Helicopters
- Arrow Aviation appointed Authorized Service Centre for AW119 and AW139
- FAA grants STC for Appareo Vision 1000 on AW109 and AW119
- 27-Jan-12 N311YS AgustaWestland AW119 Philadelphia, US-Pennsylvania
- Tanis announces preheat system for AW119