AgustaWestland and UI International (UII) are pleased to announce that the Korea National Police Agency (KNPA) has recently taken delivery of an AW119Ke single engine helicopter. The aircraft will perform law enforcement duties. The contract was signed in August 2009 by the Korean Public Procurement Services in order to support an on-going programme to modernize the police helicopter fleet.
This is the first AW119Ke to be purchased and introduced into service by the Korean Government and the third law enforcement helicopter sold into the Korean market. This AW119Ke will join two KNPA AW109 helicopters that have been in service for a number of years. To support the role the single engine helicopter is equipped with a powerful search light and cargo hook for utility operations
The AW119Ke is a spacious 8 seat single engine helicopter developed to provide high productivity and performance at a competitive price. The large unobstructed cabin permits rapid re-configuration for a variety of missions such as utility, passenger transport, emergency medical services and law enforcement role. The high power delivered by the PT6B-37A engine gives the AW119Ke outstanding performance that makes it the most cost productive helicopter in its class. Around 190 AW119s model have been ordered by almost 90 customers in nearly 30 countries for a wide range of applications.
The AW119Ke, thanks to unmatched performance, cabin space and robustness in its category, is perfectly suited to perform a number of roles including law enforcement, VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS, utility, firefighting and military duties. The AW119Ke has already been chosen or is in service with various law enforcement operators in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
AgustaWestland and United Industries International believe that this latest addition to the KNPA fleet of law enforcement helicopters represents a step up in capability for the Korean Law Enforcement service in the country. UI Helicopter (UIH), a subsidiary of the UI Group has established a fully approved AgustaWestland Customer Support Facility in South Korea to provide local support to the KNPA.
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS
- Sino-US signs for 25 AW119Kx helicopters
- Life Flight Network is first EMS operator to achieve both HAI-APS and IS-BAO Accreditation
- South African Red Cross orders three AW119Kx
- Life Flight Network AW119Kx fleet passes 10,000 Flight Hours
- Life Link III Signs for Seventh AW119Kx