AgustaWestland and UI International (UII) are pleased to announce that the Korea National Police Agency (KNPA) has recently taken delivery of an AW119Ke single engine helicopter. The aircraft will perform law enforcement duties. The contract was signed in August 2009 by the Korean Public Procurement Services in order to support an on-going programme to modernize the police helicopter fleet.
This is the first AW119Ke to be purchased and introduced into service by the Korean Government and the third law enforcement helicopter sold into the Korean market. This AW119Ke will join two KNPA AW109 helicopters that have been in service for a number of years. To support the role the single engine helicopter is equipped with a powerful search light and cargo hook for utility operations
The AW119Ke is a spacious 8 seat single engine helicopter developed to provide high productivity and performance at a competitive price. The large unobstructed cabin permits rapid re-configuration for a variety of missions such as utility, passenger transport, emergency medical services and law enforcement role. The high power delivered by the PT6B-37A engine gives the AW119Ke outstanding performance that makes it the most cost productive helicopter in its class. Around 190 AW119s model have been ordered by almost 90 customers in nearly 30 countries for a wide range of applications.
The AW119Ke, thanks to unmatched performance, cabin space and robustness in its category, is perfectly suited to perform a number of roles including law enforcement, VIP/corporate transport, offshore transport, EMS, utility, firefighting and military duties. The AW119Ke has already been chosen or is in service with various law enforcement operators in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
AgustaWestland and United Industries International believe that this latest addition to the KNPA fleet of law enforcement helicopters represents a step up in capability for the Korean Law Enforcement service in the country. UI Helicopter (UIH), a subsidiary of the UI Group has established a fully approved AgustaWestland Customer Support Facility in South Korea to provide local support to the KNPA.
- Chinese Private Operator Orders an AW119Kx Helicopter
- Summit Air Ambulance Takes Delivery of Its First AW119Kx
- 07-Oct-14 N603CF AgustaWestland AW119 Chiriaco Summit, US-California
- 13-Sep-14 EC-KSD AgustaWestland AW119 Alpera, Spain (1F)
- Turkey – HeliStar to operate three AW119Ke
- Life Link III accepts sixth AW119Kx
- Life Flight Network to open Idaho base at Coeur d’Alene
- AgustaWestland joins Finmeccanica North America at Quad-A
- 01-May-14 N119HF AgustaWestland AW119 Lumberton, US-New Jersey
- Life Flight Network earns AAMS Excellence in Community Service Award
- AgustaWestland to Open Canadian Supply Centre
- AgustaWestland Delivers First of Six AW119Kx to Life Link III
- AgustaWestland signs deals worth $357 Million
- Life Flight Network’s base In Butte, Montana now operational
- Conklin & de Decker Release Life Cycle Cost 2014
- 30-Dec-13 EC-LRD AgustaWestland AW119Ke Malleco, Chile
- Life Flight Network to open new Montana base in Butte
- Heli USA Airways files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- TriState CareFlight Reaches Fleet Milestone of 60,000 Hours
- Uniflight appointed AgustaWestland Service Center