British operator Tiger Helicopters are to lease two AB206 JetRangers from Castle Air.Â The lease commences 1st October 2010 for an initial period of two years, with each JetRanger expected to fly 1,000 hours during that time on an intensive training contract.Â Tiger are providing ab initio training for Algerian military pilots who will then progress on to the AgustaWestland training base at Newquay, ultimately aiming at Lynx and AW101 type ratings in support of their country’s purchase of these types.
The two JetRangers involved are G-SPEY and G-OMDR.Â G-SPEY was bought back by Castle Air in Spring 2008 from a private owner who was upgrading to a much newer JetRanger which he continues to operate on a US registration in the UK.Â Prior to that it had provided long service in the Castle Air fleet from May 1982 to April 2004.Â G-OMDR has been taken in part-exchange in the last few months from Formula 1 champion Jenson Button, who has upgraded to an Agusta 109A Mk.II.Â This aircraft is now undergoing a full refurbishment and respray at Castle Air’s base near Liskeard UK.
Coincidentally, both aircraft left the Agusta-Bell 206 production line in 1981 and are in fact only two serial numbers apart.Â Public-view CAA records show that G-SPEY had 5727 airframe hours at the end of 2009, while G-OMDR had 8057 hours at the same date.Â The new Tiger contract will thus significantly add to these totals, with the expectation of 2,000 hours added to each aircraft in the first two years of the lease.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd