AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to confirm a previously unannounced order by Weststar Aviation Services of Malaysia for nine AW139 medium twin engine helicopters. The helicopters will be used to perform offshore transport missions supporting oil & gas industry operations in Malaysia. All nine aircraft will be delivered by March 2011. Dedicated pilot and technician training services and a comprehensive support package will be provided by AgustaWestland Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “It gives us great pleasure to have signed this contract with Weststar Aviation Services, one of the leading Malaysian helicopter operators, marking the entrance of the AW139 in the South East Asia offshore helicopter market. We are sure the AW139 with its outstanding performance, comfort and safety will prove to be extremely successful in the overall offshore market in the region.”
The AW139 has achieved great success in Malaysia in recent years with orders placed by local operators for corporate, fire fighting, EMS/SAR and coast patrol missions. State-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance, low operating costs and the only helicopter in its class to meet the latest safety standards, have made the AW139 the helicopter of choice in the medium twin market. With its power reserve, the AW139 delivers Category A (Class 1) performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with an unmatched one engine inoperative capability.
The standard configuration provides seating for twelve or fifteen passengers in a large and bright 8.0 m3 cabin with excellent ease of access and egress via large sliding cabin doors. Excellent payload and performance ensure unmatched productivity for offshore operations. Energy-absorbing landing gear, fuselage and seats as well as high main and tail rotor ground clearance provide added safety for the passengers and maintenance teams whilst on the ground.
Over 120 customers from almost 50 countries have ordered more than 480 helicopters to perform a wide range of roles including offshore transport, EMS/SAR, VIP/corporate transport, law enforcement, utility and government missions.
AgustaWestland Malaysia Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of AgustaWestland, continues to play a major role in the Malaysian helicopter market expanding its presence and increasing its capabilities through a continued programme of investment. Located at Kuala Lumpur's Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, AgustaWestland Malaysia’s regional maintenance and support centre is a Malaysian DCA approved maintenance and repair organization. AgustaWestland Malaysia Sdn Bhd is providing local support and training for the growing fleet of AgustaWestland customers in the region.
Formed in 2003, Weststar Aviation Services Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Weststar Group, is a leading aviation company providing helicopter and jet charter services as well as offshore helicopter transport services.
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189