In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com – no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo.Â This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source.Â The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too.Â Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety – and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US .Â Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
HeliHub.com files 6,000th story in 19 months
- Australia removes flight crew licensing requirements for R22 and R44
- AHS runs 32st Annual Student Design Competition
- Border Guard Bangladesh to buy four helicopters
- UK – HQ Aviation add second R66
- AFIT announces R22 Add-On Training at Van Nuys
- Local concern at lack of use of Travis County UH-1 firefighter
- Oil price not affecting Era and PHi at Houma
- NZ tour operators in conflict
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Terma to Field Aircraft Survivability Equipment on Dutch NH90s
- Airbus Helicopters completes first year bringing three new helicopters to market
- HATS flying as first Australian military EC135T2+ takes to the air
- Upgrade of Bell 412EP Night Vision system
- FAA Grants Two More UAS Exemptions
- Indian President confers gallantry medal on helicopter pilot
- HAI Industry-Government Forum
- Donate to HFI Auction: Deadline Extended!
- Optionally Piloted Helicopters – Is this the Future of Aircraft?
- HNZ win 9 month Nova Scotia offshore contract with three S92s
- Father of CareFlight program passes away