In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com – no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo.Â This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source.Â The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too.Â Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety – and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US .Â Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
HeliHub.com files 6,000th story in 19 months
- NAASCO To exhibit at Heli-Expo 2015
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo coverage
- Airbus Helicopters outlines Heli-Expo coverage, including X4 launch
- Bell delivers sixteen 407GXs to Iraq
- Vector to Display AS350 Primary Fuel Tank at Heli-Expo
- Oil & Gas UK paints bleak picture for offshore industry
- UK – Work starts on new Bristow SAR Base at Glasgow Prestwick
- First AW139 reaches milestone 10,000 airframe hours
- Bell delivers first Bell 429WLG in North America
- Bell, Enstrom and MD select Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module
- Advanced Helicopter Services & Cascade Helicopter Services Headed Heli-Expo
- Twirly Birds to Celebrate 70 Years of Vertical Flight Fellowship
- Toll to build and operate Australia’s first AgustaWestland-authorised training centre
- Waypoint announces AW139/B412 Leasing Transaction with Caverton Helicopters
- Paramount signs MoU with Motor Sich for MI-24 Super Hind project
- EOS 3D printing tech used for helicopters
- Airbus Defence and Space joins forces with Australia’s DSTO to improve protection of helicopters
- Guidance Aviation Exhibiting at HAI’s Helicopter Career Fair
- California Highway Patrol selects Becker Digital Audio and Polycon Wireless Intercom
- Guardian Mobility appoints Precision Aviation Group as a dealer