In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com – no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo.Â This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source.Â The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too.Â Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety – and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US .Â Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
HeliHub.com files 6,000th story in 19 months
- Bell launch 505 to Russian market
- Russian Helicopters concludes Mi-171A2 flying laboratory flight tests
- Bristow UK holds topping out ceremony for new SAR hangar at Newquay
- MedEvac Foundation International Announces 2nd Great American Safety Drive
- Airwork Helicopters obtain STC for Bell 206 composite tail blades
- Russian Helicopters announces certification of the Ansat
- Russian Helicopters announces certification of the Ka-226T
- HAL Dhruv completes noise tests for EASA certification
- FAA launches online flight planning and weather
- Cascade Helicopter Services to move to Auburn Municipal Airport
- Whistleblower videos reveal helicopter spraying workers with weed killers
- Bell – Sikorsky merger is a possibility according to Citigroup analyst
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance celebrates 25 years
- Peru considering buying another 24 Mi-171sh helicopters
- Bell approves Sherwin-Williams Aerospace Coatings for use on 525
- Raytheon wins $9.5M contract for H-53 and V-22 repair work
- Aero Dynamix appoints new COO
- Belgium puts NH90 into operation
- Aeronautical Accessories increases Bell 407 product range in Brazil
- US Ex-Im and AirFinance fund two AW139 deliveries