In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com – no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo.Â This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source.Â The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too.Â Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety – and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US .Â Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- New Chief Executive for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
- New EC135T3 for Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance will allow night ops
- More eyes in the sky for Kruger anti-poaching operations
- Transport Canada Awards STC to Tanis Preheat System
- Erickson to webcast presentation at Deutsche Bank conference
- Bristow Expands to New Base in Kintore
- Blue Sky Network to Unveil New SATCOM Solution in October
- Business leaders raise almost $1 Million for STARS during annual CEO Rescue in the Rockies
- Airbus – Construction starts on Marignane Development Center
- Coptersafety AW139 Full Flight Simulator Ready For Training
- 4Documents That Every Helicopter Pilot Needs to Read
- First Air Force Military Training Centre students complete training on Ansat-U
- Vector Aerospace showcases expanded civil sector capabilities at Helitech
- Erickson awarded $7M transport contract
- Mexico orders $93M package including eight UH-60Ms
- Bell-Boeing awarded $10M to upgrade 13 MV-22 training devices
- Boeing awarded $499M CH-47 engineering support contract
- AAR wins $15M option flying for US Navy
- Lebanon requests 18 Huey IIs plus support in $180M deal
- Last week to nominate for Salute to Excellence!