In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com – no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo.Â This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source.Â The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too.Â Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety – and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US .Â Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database.Â Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
HeliHub.com files 6,000th story in 19 months
- Russian Helicopters delivers batch of Ka226s to Russian military
- Helibras delivers EC145 to Rio de Janeiro state government
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 April 2015
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 April 2015
- Philippines halts contract for 21 Hueys
- Kaman announces release date for FY2025 Q1 earnings
- Marshall Aviation Services joins Avfuel’s Global FBO Network
- Vietnam’s helicopter service provider inks $216 million insurance contract
- Helicopter crash survivor sues, claiming pilot was using FaceTime
- Body-armored man with gun arrested near BMC helicopter pad
- Boeing awarded $321M contract for Apache development
- Hensel Phelps Construction awarded $62M contract for MV-22 hangar facility in Hawaii
- International Enterprises awarded $20M repair contract for AH-64 pilot and crew helmets
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract
- Northrop Grumman awarded $83M contract for AH-1Z and UH-1Y mission computers
- Airbus Defense awarded $9M contract for Thai UH-72A work
- Bell awarded $7M contract for H-1 gearbox parts
- 19-Apr-15 Mil Mi-24 Illizi, Algeria (2F)
- 19-Apr-15 Boeing CH-47F Thornhill, UK
- Brazilian State of Rio Grande do Sul accepts second AW119Kx