In the last week, the 6,000th news story has been filed on HeliHub.com - no mean feat from starting in mid February 2009 in the week of the annual HAI Heli-Expo. This equates to an average of 74 stories per week, a good deal more than any other helicopter industry news source. The HeliHub.com team is also getting a reputation for the wide range of stories it covers, with news coming from more countries and sources too. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and recently added a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety - and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Scotts Bell 47 ensures long term supply of Lycoming VO-435 pistons
- Indian defence chief clears his Ministry of any wrongdoing in AW101 case
- EagleMed Receives ARGUS Gold Rating for Safety
- New President joins Uniflight from Air Methods
- Element Financial acquires second helicopter lease portfolio
- New Zealand – New corporate helicopter facility at Hamilton Airport
- Erickson to present at the Imperial Capital 2013 Security Investor Conference
- Register Update – USA – week to 8 December 2013
- Wife sues firm of banker who died in Andes helicopter crash
- Italian Police Takes Delivery of its Fifth AW139
- GE Capital finances acquisition of Universal Helicopters
- Royal Naval frigate HMS Monmouth conducts first in-service Wildcat landings
- Glasgow EC135 Crash – Blades were not turning at impact
- Erickson Air-Crane announces first firefighting contract in Turkey
- MD Helicopters appoint Quest Aviation Solutions as agent for both India and China
- New Zealand compensated for NH90 delays
- US Army plans to scrap Kiowa fleet
- AgustaWestland secures first broadcasting AW169 sale
- Helipad approved for luxury Mallorca marina
- Christie to supply projectors for German Federal Police EC155/AS332 flight training devices