Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, has significantly reduced direct operating costs for 407 operators by removing a series of life limited parts in its maintenance manual.
As part of an ongoing effort to reduce direct maintenance costs on the Bell 407, a team of engineers has reevaluated life limited items listed in Maintenance Manual Chapter 4 to ensure operators are able to take full advantage of Bell products and more effectively operate their aircraft.
â€œBell Helicopters are used around the globe to perform noble missions, and it is our goal to provide our customers with the safest, most reliable and cost-effective mission solution,â€Â Â said Danny Maldonado, senior vice president and chief service officer. â€œWe recognize the importance of direct maintenance costs to ensuring a profitable mission for our customers. Through this effort we are able to reduce the cost of operating and maintaining the aircraft, without compromising safety.â€
Bell has removed 14 items from the life limited section of the 407 Maintenance Manual. The removal of these items plus an adjustment to the on-condition section will result in a reduction of more than 12 percent per flight hour to the published direct maintenance cost estimate, while maintaining the highest life level of stress margin.
A revision to the Bell 407 Maintenance Manual (Chapter 4) has been published on the website.
â€œAt Bell we are on a mission to make our customers successful. We are making every effort to ensure our aircraft remain competitive in the marketplace and that Bell operators are fully supported throughout the entire lifecycle of their aircraft,â€ said Maldonado.
â€œThis, combined with the recently released power-plus STC, is one more example of Bellâ€™s continuing effort to add value to our customersâ€™ mission through increased performance and operational cost savings at no cost to them,â€ said Larry D. Roberts, senior vice president commercial business.
Bell Helicopter added performance capabilities on the 407 at no additional cost to the customer with the 407 Plus Power Program. This is an STC that draws on excess power available from the 407’s Rolls-Royce 250-C47B engine allowing an increase of the 407’s useful load by more than 400 pounds. Bell is pursuing further enhancements for this proven performer.
Earlier this year, Bell Helicopter and the 407 reached a milestone few others have achieved with the delivery of the 1,000th aircraft out of its Mirabel, Canada facility. That ship is finishing completion at Bell affiliate, Edwards & Associates; customer acceptance is expected in early fourth quarter.
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- VIH Aerospace buys two more Bell 407s
- Aero Products to distribute Lord Corp Bell 206, 407 and 427 components
- 13-Sep-15 Bell 407GX Hucao, China (4F)
- Med-Trans launches EMS Bell 407GX in McAlester, Oklahoma
- First Bell 407GXP delivery made into Brazil
- EASA approves Aeronautical Accessories products for Bell 407, 212, 412 and 429
- Med-Trans Begins Air Medical Service in McAlester, Oklahoma
- Mexico certifies Onboard Systems Bell 206L & 407 Cargo Hook Systems
- EASA approves ASU Night Vision STCs for Bell 206 and 407
- Belize forces acquire abandoned Bell 407
- 14-Aug-15 N485AE Bell 407 San Antonio, US-Texas
- Bell detail LABACE 2015 line-up
- Bird Aerosystems works with Bell to create surveillance 407 ASIO
- 24-Jul-15 C-FNOB Bell 407 Bugaboo Provincial Park, Canada
- Helinet to install microwave downlink for Nassau County Police
- Aeronautical Accessories Brand Adds New Product Offerings to Lineup
- Bell award $55M for support of Iraq helicopters
- 09-Jul-15 Bell 407 Jiangde, China (2F)
- Arizona – Maricopa County Sheriff adds Bell 407GX
- Helicopter New York City funds meals for Manhattan homeless