Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, has significantly reduced direct operating costs for 407 operators by removing a series of life limited parts in its maintenance manual.
As part of an ongoing effort to reduce direct maintenance costs on the Bell 407, a team of engineers has reevaluated life limited items listed in Maintenance Manual Chapter 4 to ensure operators are able to take full advantage of Bell products and more effectively operate their aircraft.
â€œBell Helicopters are used around the globe to perform noble missions, and it is our goal to provide our customers with the safest, most reliable and cost-effective mission solution,â€Â Â said Danny Maldonado, senior vice president and chief service officer. â€œWe recognize the importance of direct maintenance costs to ensuring a profitable mission for our customers. Through this effort we are able to reduce the cost of operating and maintaining the aircraft, without compromising safety.â€
Bell has removed 14 items from the life limited section of the 407 Maintenance Manual. The removal of these items plus an adjustment to the on-condition section will result in a reduction of more than 12 percent per flight hour to the published direct maintenance cost estimate, while maintaining the highest life level of stress margin.
A revision to the Bell 407 Maintenance Manual (Chapter 4) has been published on the website.
â€œAt Bell we are on a mission to make our customers successful. We are making every effort to ensure our aircraft remain competitive in the marketplace and that Bell operators are fully supported throughout the entire lifecycle of their aircraft,â€ said Maldonado.
â€œThis, combined with the recently released power-plus STC, is one more example of Bellâ€™s continuing effort to add value to our customersâ€™ mission through increased performance and operational cost savings at no cost to them,â€ said Larry D. Roberts, senior vice president commercial business.
Bell Helicopter added performance capabilities on the 407 at no additional cost to the customer with the 407 Plus Power Program. This is an STC that draws on excess power available from the 407’s Rolls-Royce 250-C47B engine allowing an increase of the 407’s useful load by more than 400 pounds. Bell is pursuing further enhancements for this proven performer.
Earlier this year, Bell Helicopter and the 407 reached a milestone few others have achieved with the delivery of the 1,000th aircraft out of its Mirabel, Canada facility. That ship is finishing completion at Bell affiliate, Edwards & Associates; customer acceptance is expected in early fourth quarter.
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
Bell reduces direct operating costs for the 407
- Able Begins Distribution Of New Bell 407/429 Calipers & Disc Pmas
- Mexico – Bell Announces Plans for 2015 AeroExpo
- Able Aerospace Services, PHI Sign Long-Term Service Agreement
- Bell awarded $8.4M contract on 407s for Fire Scout program
- LORD Extends Warranty for Bell 407 Main Rotor Hub Components to 2,500 Hours
- Able launches bearings service line for Bell 206/407
- Four more LongRanger IVs for Air Evac Lifeteam
- Airbus to take EC130T2 on US tour this spring
- 05-Mar-15 N41BH Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- First Bell 407GX Sold to Italian Customer
- Wysong Enterprises receives FAA STC/PMA for Bell 407 EMS Accessories
- Rolls-Royce to boost power, fuel efficiency for Bell 407GXP
- Bell launches the 407GXP
- Aerometals completes purchase of FDC/aerofilters, Announces Name Change
- Meridian Helicopters Achieves Milestone Flight Hours in 2014
- Bell sells two 407s and five 505s to Qiqihar Kun Feng General Aviation
- Mexican Air Force signs for 15 Bell 407GXs
- Honeywell Forecasts Steady Global Helicopter Demand For Next Five Years
- VIH Aerospace Exhibiting at Heli-Expo 2015
- Bell outlines Heli-Expo coverage