Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, has significantly reduced direct operating costs for 407 operators by removing a series of life limited parts in its maintenance manual.
As part of an ongoing effort to reduce direct maintenance costs on the Bell 407, a team of engineers has reevaluated life limited items listed in Maintenance Manual Chapter 4 to ensure operators are able to take full advantage of Bell products and more effectively operate their aircraft.
â€œBell Helicopters are used around the globe to perform noble missions, and it is our goal to provide our customers with the safest, most reliable and cost-effective mission solution,â€Â Â said Danny Maldonado, senior vice president and chief service officer. â€œWe recognize the importance of direct maintenance costs to ensuring a profitable mission for our customers. Through this effort we are able to reduce the cost of operating and maintaining the aircraft, without compromising safety.â€
Bell has removed 14 items from the life limited section of the 407 Maintenance Manual. The removal of these items plus an adjustment to the on-condition section will result in a reduction of more than 12 percent per flight hour to the published direct maintenance cost estimate, while maintaining the highest life level of stress margin.
A revision to the Bell 407 Maintenance Manual (Chapter 4) has been published on the website.
â€œAt Bell we are on a mission to make our customers successful. We are making every effort to ensure our aircraft remain competitive in the marketplace and that Bell operators are fully supported throughout the entire lifecycle of their aircraft,â€ said Maldonado.
â€œThis, combined with the recently released power-plus STC, is one more example of Bellâ€™s continuing effort to add value to our customersâ€™ mission through increased performance and operational cost savings at no cost to them,â€ said Larry D. Roberts, senior vice president commercial business.
Bell Helicopter added performance capabilities on the 407 at no additional cost to the customer with the 407 Plus Power Program. This is an STC that draws on excess power available from the 407’s Rolls-Royce 250-C47B engine allowing an increase of the 407’s useful load by more than 400 pounds. Bell is pursuing further enhancements for this proven performer.
Earlier this year, Bell Helicopter and the 407 reached a milestone few others have achieved with the delivery of the 1,000th aircraft out of its Mirabel, Canada facility. That ship is finishing completion at Bell affiliate, Edwards & Associates; customer acceptance is expected in early fourth quarter.
Bell Helicopter, a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Inc., is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical-lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tiltrotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
Textron Inc. is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, and Textron Systems. More information is available at www.textron.com.
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration
- Sonoma County Sheriff gets sign off for new Bell 407GXP
- New Bell representative for UK and Ireland
- 18-May-17 N6040Y Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 13-May-17 Bell 407 Mosul, Iraq
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems B407 Cargo Hook Kits
- Kalispell Regional Medical Center to Replace Bell 407
- 02-May-17 N457PH Bell 407 Grand Bay, US-Gulf of Mexico
- PhilJets Confirms Addition of Airbus H130, H145, and Bell 407 Helicopters in Its Fleet
- Concorde High Capacity RG-427 Now Available for Bell 407 and Bell 427