AgustaWestland North America, Inc. announces that it has responded to the U.S. Air Force’s request for information, offering the operationally-proven HH-71 for critical combat search and rescue missions.
“We believe the HH-71, based on the combat-proven AW101, offers a robust platform that addresses the U.S. Air Force’s combat search and rescue mission needs, without compromise,” saidÂ R. Scott Rettig, chief executive officer, AgustaWestland North America. “We are eager to work with the U.S. Air Force and demonstrate how the HH-71’s modern, stealthy capabilities are balanced out with the confidence of a mature, proven platform, as the full CSAR program requirements are developed.”
More than 155 AW101 helicopters are serving governments and armed forces around the world. With proven service inAfghanistanÂ andÂ Iraq, the AW101 has amassed more than 200,000 fleet hours with exceptional levels of availability.
The HH-71’s low acoustic signature, all-weather capability and effectiveness in austere environments such as sand and snow enables the warfighter to complete challenging combat search and rescue missions with speed, security and safety. The aircraft includes three engines providing aircrews the assurance that the mission can be safely completed, even under hostile or irregular warfare conditions.
AgustaWestland’s HH-71 provides excellent cabin space, able to transport 35 seated troops or 16 stretchers for medical evacuations and room for on-board treatment â€“ a significant capacity increase over the legacy platform.
A mock-up of the HH-71 personal recovery rotorcraft will be on display at booth 901 at the Air Force Association’s 2010 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition,Â Sept. 13-15, 2010Â in National Harbor, Md.
AgustaWestland North America, a subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is FOCI mitigated and responsible for the company’s U.S. government programs. AgustaWestland is a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides an unrivaled range of rotorcraft and vertical-lift products and services for every military, government and commercial application.
- 11-Oct-14 M-518 AgustaWestland AW101 Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan
- RAF officially hands over Merlins to Royal Navy
- Nigerian Air Force acquiring two AW101 helicopters
- Merlin training squadron gets new man at the helm
- Italian Prosecutor halts investigations into Finmeccanica over Indian AW101 contract
- Royal Navy’s sub-hunting helicopters enter service early
- Kongsberg and AgustaWestland increased co-operation
- Danish AW101 helicopters equipped with Terma self-protection suite
- AgustaWestland impresses with Farnborough line-up
- General Dynamics develops Tactical Processing System for AW101 Merlin upgrade
- UK Government considers corruption probe into Indian AW101 deal
- Court of Milan allows India to call on €228 Million of guarantees over AW101 contract
- Norway SAR Program selects FLIR HD Systems for AW101 fleet
- AgustaWestland supports Canadian CH-149 Cormorant exercise in Peru
- Canadian Forces Rescue Crew Wins Two More International Awards
- Royal Navy tests Merlin Mk2 to the max
- First Flight for Italian Air Force AW101
- AgustaWestland and Italian Air Force sign LOI for training
- Trakka signs long term A800 agreement with AgustaWestland
- QinetiQ to provide test & evaluation for Merlin helicopters