AgustaWestland North America, Inc. announces that it has responded to the U.S. Air Force’s request for information, offering the operationally-proven HH-71 for critical combat search and rescue missions.
“We believe the HH-71, based on the combat-proven AW101, offers a robust platform that addresses the U.S. Air Force’s combat search and rescue mission needs, without compromise,” saidÂ R. Scott Rettig, chief executive officer, AgustaWestland North America. “We are eager to work with the U.S. Air Force and demonstrate how the HH-71’s modern, stealthy capabilities are balanced out with the confidence of a mature, proven platform, as the full CSAR program requirements are developed.”
More than 155 AW101 helicopters are serving governments and armed forces around the world. With proven service inAfghanistanÂ andÂ Iraq, the AW101 has amassed more than 200,000 fleet hours with exceptional levels of availability.
The HH-71’s low acoustic signature, all-weather capability and effectiveness in austere environments such as sand and snow enables the warfighter to complete challenging combat search and rescue missions with speed, security and safety. The aircraft includes three engines providing aircrews the assurance that the mission can be safely completed, even under hostile or irregular warfare conditions.
AgustaWestland’s HH-71 provides excellent cabin space, able to transport 35 seated troops or 16 stretchers for medical evacuations and room for on-board treatment â€“ a significant capacity increase over the legacy platform.
A mock-up of the HH-71 personal recovery rotorcraft will be on display at booth 901 at the Air Force Association’s 2010 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition,Â Sept. 13-15, 2010Â in National Harbor, Md.
AgustaWestland North America, a subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is FOCI mitigated and responsible for the company’s U.S. government programs. AgustaWestland is a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides an unrivaled range of rotorcraft and vertical-lift products and services for every military, government and commercial application.
- KONGSBERG and Leonardo sign agreements for NH-90 and AW101 helicopters
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk4 makes its maiden flight
- Leonardo Expands Sales in Indonesia
- Royal Marines new helicopter completes its maiden flight
- Nigeria VIP flight transfers two VIP AW101s to Air Force
- Universal Wiring completes delivery of 750 miles of cabling for AW101 upgrades
- Lockheed Martin updates last of 30 AW101 Merlins for UK military
- Safran to support Danish EH101 engines
- Singapore puts military order on ice after EC225 accident
- British military thanks landing site owners
- Norwegian All-Weather SAR AW101 unveiled
- Leonardo exhibiting at Seafuture & Maritime Technologies event
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- Canada does a U-Turn on SAR privatisation
- First Norwegian SAR AW101 takes to the air
- First Italian CSAR AW101 enters service
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work
- Batch of AgustaWestland related domain names for sale
- First Upgraded AW101 Merlin HC Mk3 Delivered to Royal Navy
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract