AgustaWestland North America, Inc. announces that it has responded to the U.S. Air Force’s request for information, offering the operationally-proven HH-71 for critical combat search and rescue missions.
“We believe the HH-71, based on the combat-proven AW101, offers a robust platform that addresses the U.S. Air Force’s combat search and rescue mission needs, without compromise,” saidÂ R. Scott Rettig, chief executive officer, AgustaWestland North America. “We are eager to work with the U.S. Air Force and demonstrate how the HH-71’s modern, stealthy capabilities are balanced out with the confidence of a mature, proven platform, as the full CSAR program requirements are developed.”
More than 155 AW101 helicopters are serving governments and armed forces around the world. With proven service inAfghanistanÂ andÂ Iraq, the AW101 has amassed more than 200,000 fleet hours with exceptional levels of availability.
The HH-71’s low acoustic signature, all-weather capability and effectiveness in austere environments such as sand and snow enables the warfighter to complete challenging combat search and rescue missions with speed, security and safety. The aircraft includes three engines providing aircrews the assurance that the mission can be safely completed, even under hostile or irregular warfare conditions.
AgustaWestland’s HH-71 provides excellent cabin space, able to transport 35 seated troops or 16 stretchers for medical evacuations and room for on-board treatment â€“ a significant capacity increase over the legacy platform.
A mock-up of the HH-71 personal recovery rotorcraft will be on display at booth 901 at the Air Force Association’s 2010 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition,Â Sept. 13-15, 2010Â in National Harbor, Md.
AgustaWestland North America, a subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is FOCI mitigated and responsible for the company’s U.S. government programs. AgustaWestland is a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides an unrivaled range of rotorcraft and vertical-lift products and services for every military, government and commercial application.
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work
- Batch of AgustaWestland related domain names for sale
- First Upgraded AW101 Merlin HC Mk3 Delivered to Royal Navy
- Babcock win large Royal Navy helicopter maintenance contract
- Royal Navy ASW Merlin Mk2 achieves Full Operating Capability
- India seeks Interpol notice against AW101 case accused
- India likely to close AgustaWestland probe
- Honeywell Improves Navigation Accuracy of AW101
- Canada considers converting VVIP AW101 spares ships to SAR role
- CAE to support UK MoD Merlin Life Sustainment Programme
- Thales Searchwater radar and Cerberus mission system picked for British AW101
- Japan takes delivery of First Airborne Mine Counter Measures MCH-101
- Ultra awarded UK Merlin Sonobuoy Capability contract
- Army drone nearly downed RAF AW101 Merlin during exercise
- AgustaWestland Renews its Collaboration with CRITICAL Software for a Further Three Years
- General Dynamics UK to provide AW101 mission system equipment
- 814 Naval Air Squadron retire Merlin Mk.1
- AgustaWestland ships first Nigerian VIP AW101
- Busy helicopter squadron see 10 years with Merlin
- 11-Oct-14 M-518 AgustaWestland AW101 Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan