AgustaWestland North America, Inc. announces that it has responded to the U.S. Air Force’s request for information, offering the operationally-proven HH-71 for critical combat search and rescue missions.
“We believe the HH-71, based on the combat-proven AW101, offers a robust platform that addresses the U.S. Air Force’s combat search and rescue mission needs, without compromise,” saidÂ R. Scott Rettig, chief executive officer, AgustaWestland North America. “We are eager to work with the U.S. Air Force and demonstrate how the HH-71’s modern, stealthy capabilities are balanced out with the confidence of a mature, proven platform, as the full CSAR program requirements are developed.”
More than 155 AW101 helicopters are serving governments and armed forces around the world. With proven service inAfghanistanÂ andÂ Iraq, the AW101 has amassed more than 200,000 fleet hours with exceptional levels of availability.
The HH-71’s low acoustic signature, all-weather capability and effectiveness in austere environments such as sand and snow enables the warfighter to complete challenging combat search and rescue missions with speed, security and safety. The aircraft includes three engines providing aircrews the assurance that the mission can be safely completed, even under hostile or irregular warfare conditions.
AgustaWestland’s HH-71 provides excellent cabin space, able to transport 35 seated troops or 16 stretchers for medical evacuations and room for on-board treatment â€“ a significant capacity increase over the legacy platform.
A mock-up of the HH-71 personal recovery rotorcraft will be on display at booth 901 at the Air Force Association’s 2010 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition,Â Sept. 13-15, 2010Â in National Harbor, Md.
AgustaWestland North America, a subsidiary of AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is FOCI mitigated and responsible for the company’s U.S. government programs. AgustaWestland is a global leader in military and commercial vertical-lift. With more than 100 years of experience in the aerospace industry, AgustaWestland provides an unrivaled range of rotorcraft and vertical-lift products and services for every military, government and commercial application.
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase
- KONGSBERG and Leonardo sign agreements for NH-90 and AW101 helicopters
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk4 makes its maiden flight
- Leonardo Expands Sales in Indonesia
- Royal Marines new helicopter completes its maiden flight