There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- UK – New Scilly Isles helicopter service proposed with AW139s
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Bell Boeing awarded $80M delivery order for V-22 work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Airbus delivers first H175 to Americas
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- FAA certifies 407GX Flight Training Device at Metro Aviation training centre
- Oceania Aviation earns EASA Part 145 certification
- AAG donates flights to Patient AirLift Services
- Collaboration for Safety Wins Award
- Precision Aviation Group announces four key appointments
- NHV starts H175 operations out of Denmark
- Boeing Delivers AH-64E Training System to South Korea
- Life Force One Has New Base In Tennessee
- Nigeria – Caverton expects H1 profit to be substantially down
- Life Link III expanding with new Minnesota base
- Register Update – USA – week to 21 August 2016
- Coastal Helicopters to serve Burning Man 2016 festival