There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- US Air Force to fund rescue helicopter in last-minute reversal
- Bird Strikes Problematic for Military Helicopters, Study Finds
- Greenpeace duped Stratus Helicopters when hiring R44
- PHI Announces $500 Million Private Offering of Senior Notes
- Fire chiefs urge Manitoba to re-instate STARS air ambulance
- ARGUS Releases 2013 SMS Audit Results Report
- Maryland AW139s flew 136 community outreach missions in 2013
- Bell sold 196 helicopters at Heli-Expo 2014, including 171 JRX
- Russian Helicopters deliver Mi-8AMT to UTair
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Argentine Federal Police take delivery of new EC135 and EC145
- All American now approved as an Airbus CSF
- Maersk Training announces two new offshore helideck emergency courses
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as Launch Customer
- Metro Aviation dedicated to safety through helicopter simulators
- Helicopter Flight Training Center will add Communication Center Lab to curriculum
- Metro Aviation welcomes Directors of Operations and Maintenance
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes new Assistant Director of Training
- Helicopter Flight Training Center Welcomes CALSTAR as Co-Launch Customer for EC135 Simulator
- LifeFlight of Maine orders four more Belfort Automated Weather Observation Systems