There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- HeliHub.com expands into China
- HAI campaigns against taking ATC outside FAA control
- HMLA-169 pilots remembered with new memorial
- EASA approves Pall PureAir system for Airbus H125/AS350/H130
- Spectrum Aeromed Announces Promotion and New Hire in German Office
- Army Air Corps praise new Wildcat facilities at RNAS Yeovilton
- Certon Engineering to Exhibit at Heli-Expo 2016
- Spectrum Health Aero Med helicopter moving to Traverse City
- Pennsylvania State Police helicopter move delayed at least a year
- US Coast Guard MH-60 pilot awarded Distinguished Flying Cross
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2016
- Register Update – China – January 2015
- Bell cuts 200 more jobs at Mirabel
- Statement from the family of the late Jeff Pino
- HAI campaigns to protect veteran benefits
- First customer AW169 arrived in UK today
- Uganda receives new VIP Mi-171E
- IHST gathers safety experts from around the globe at Heli-Expo
- Killer drone squad: Russia unveils anti-armor assault multicopter
- CAE gets approval for US Navy MH-60R/S Tech Refresh program