There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific