There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
401 Parking Structure Heliport at KLAX to close for a year
- SEC Announces Fraud Charges Against Lynn Tilton
- Snowy Hydro SouthCare appoints high-profile CEO
- Everett Aviation Chief Pilot dies in Tanzania road accident
- Airbus Helicopters Canada given Ontario Provincial Government grant
- Breeze-Eastern Achieves 1,000-Hoist Delivery Milestone
- Axnes introduces PNG Wireless Intercom System to Quad-A Summit
- Airbus Helicopters creates new Head of Digital Strategy role
- Honeywell and Transworld Aviation Expand Aftermarket Agreement in the Middle East
- Aerial Firefighters Well Prepared For Coming US Fire Season
- Bell Exhibits V-280 Mockup at Army Aviation Summit
- Russian Defense Ministry Wants 100 ‘Arctic Terminator’ Helicopters
- Russian military expecting 16 new Ka52 Aligators this year
- Alcor and L&T to meet Odisha state government on helicopter production plans
- MedFlight Set To Launch Mobile App To Reduce Medic Response Times
- Helicopter accident leads Chinese authorities to unapproved airfield
- MSDF commissions its biggest helicopter carrier yet
- Dallas may charge other cities for police helicopter assistance
- Profile – Heli Glenorchy in New Zealand
- Most Significant Rescue Hoist Improvement in More than 50 Years – says Breeze-Eastern
- Donaldson Marks Centennial With Exhibit Of Advanced Filtration