There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- Global NH90 fleet celebrates 100,000 flight hour landmark
- Heli Lausanne adds Gabri G2 to fleet
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight to open base at Cookeville, Tennessee
- France bestows award on FlightSafety Chairman, President & CEO
- Babcock wins wind farm support work from Siemens
- Serial Production of the MI-171A2 Will Begin in 2017
- Raytheon awarded $21M more for MQ-8 software upgrades
- Lockheed Martin awarded $71M for MH-60R and MH-60S support
- Sikorsky awarded $16M for US Navy H-53 and H-60 field support
- Klickitat Valley Health puts helipad into operation
- Terma Universal DIRCM pod gains interest
- Poland – Airbus Helicopters seeks to work with PGZ on Tiger
- Babcock buys German operator Heli Aviation
- Silk Way Helicopter Services introduces online booking
- Belize Defence Force holds ceremony for two donated UH-1s
- No helicopter rides in North Myrtle Beach, for now
- Historic FAA decision approves night drone ops
- Polish helicopter factory at Swidnik celebrates 60 years of production
- Era Group announces FY 2016 Q1 earnings release call