There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
401 Parking Structure Heliport at KLAX to close for a year
- Bell VP of Military Business becomes K-State Alumni Fellow
- East Anglian Air Ambulance celebrates arrival of their H145T2
- Despite Russian Aggression, US Apache Helicopters To Be Removed From Germany
- Liberty War Birds acquire Huey from California for restoration
- New Indian Government wants AgustaWestland back as a defence supplier
- Russian Helicopters showcase commercial models at Mexico aerospace fair
- Bristow announces FY2015Q4 Earnings Release and Conference Call Schedule
- Erickson Receives Certification as Wyvern Wingman Operator
- New Zealand CAA issue Robinson Helicopter Fleet Consultation Document
- Cuban Government visit Russian Helicopters plant in Kazan
- Russian Helicopters and CSKA Moscow will continue cooperation in 2015
- Bell reports ABACE 2015 sales of four 505s and one 407GXP
- Shimco Set for Growth in Brazil
- Conklin & de Decker Announce Aircraft Cost Evaluator Release 15.1
- New President announced at Blue Hawaiian Helicopters to replace founders
- AAR to provide logistics support to Bell for T64 engines in V280 program
- PCAS Demo shows MV-22 integration with Switchblade UAS
- FreeFlight Systems Joins ForeFlight Connect Program
- Statement Of Brian Wynne, President And Ceo Of Auvsi On The Faa Granting Amazon A Section 333 Exemption
- Louisiana National Guard demonstrates readiness for disasters