There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- First Heli UK Leaders Round Table takes place
- BALPA union calls on CAA and EASA for clarity over Bond unilateral EC135 grounding
- FlightSafety names new Manager for Dallas Learning Center
- Classic Lifeguard opens new Utah base in Moab
- Pentastar Aviation completes three 600-hour inspections on EC155s
- Russian Helicopters wins Company of the Year award
- Simmonds Precision Products awarded $7.9M option for MH-60R and MH-60S work
- Eurocopter takes EC130T2 on tour of Australia
- Bond Air Services grounds EC135, then back in air within hours
- Sikorsky Innovations Awarded Contract for Phase 1 DARPA X-Plane Program
- Eurocopter delivers two EC225 to Bond via Waypoint Leasing
- Waypoint Leasing announce 13 helicopter AW139/S92 deal with CHC
- Helitech prepares for 2014 debut on Dutch soil
- Retired Bell employees lose $500 Christmas bonus
- UTair Selects Swiss AviationSoftware for MRO solutions
- US Dept Homeland Security selling four MD500Es
- FAA Obstructive Sleep Apnea Issues
- R22 production continues slowly – but who is buying?
- Eurocopter launches law enforcement EC145T2 helicopter with an order for six
- Royal Thai Army add R44 – with training from Heliluck and Mornington Sanford Aviation