There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
401 Parking Structure Heliport at KLAX to close for a year
- STARS raises over $1M in one event
- HAI Hosts Industry-Government Forum on Critical Issues
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Colorado Springs Police looks to restart air unit
- State police float Michigan-wide drone use
- ORNGE puts four air ambulances up for sale
- Helipad takes flight at Jackson South
- Montreal mulls heliport in downtown area
- All Metal MS delivers helicopter landing platform to Calstar
- Shimco to Attend Aero India 2015
- CAA reports on progress to improve safety of offshore helicopter operations
- FlightSafety appoints new Visual Systems VP
- Kazakh Internal Affairs Ministry Sues Eurocopter Kazakhstan
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- Trial Software Available to Automate Aerospace Industry Supply Chain Management
- South African AW139 selects FBO One operations software
- Australia removes flight crew licensing requirements for R22 and R44
- AHS runs 32st Annual Student Design Competition
- Border Guard Bangladesh to buy four helicopters
- UK – HQ Aviation add second R66