There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- Italian Army Takes Delivery of Its First Two ICH-47F
- Marenco completes first flight of SKYe SH09
- PDG wins combined British/Irish lighthouse support contract
- RAF officially hands over Merlins to Royal Navy
- Webb County Fire Department considering helicopter pad
- New Helipad At West Hills Hospital To Expand Access For Critical Burn Patients
- Heli UK Expo The UK’s dedicated Helicopter Event
- Helicopter memorial unveiled in Newfoundland
- Alcor keen to invest Rs 15,000 cr on helicopter unit
- CHI Aviation awarded Gulf of Mexico S92 contract
- Aurora Awarded Funding to Continue Development of DARPA VTOL X-Plane Program
- Ultimate Heli to install PA100 PUREair Engine Protection System in AS350
- Shimco to Exhibit at MRO Europe 2014 in the Ontario Pavilion
- Scottsdale museum gets Vietnam War helicopter
- Military surgeon, researcher and healthcare leader appointed Chief Medical Officer for Ornge
- Hillsboro Aviation designated a 2015 Military Friendly School
- Boeing Delivers First New-Build MH-47G Special Operations Chinook
- LCI Successfully Closes $325M Secured Asset-Backed Facility
- 02-Oct-14 HB-ZJC Eurocopter EC130 Bart, France (5F)
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base