There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
- Boeing Ridley Park UAW Employees Approve New Contract
- KA-226T helicopter assembly may be launched in Kazakhstan by 2016
- New airport radar to mitigate impact of wind turbines
- Bell Announces European Customer Support and Services Regional Sales Manager
- Associated Aircraft Group Celebrates 25 Years of Helicopter Services
- Helijet to launch Nanaimo-Vancouver weekday service
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre Supply UK’s Eighth Cabri
- Heli-One Completes major mods for Waypoint Leasing on two S-76s
- Uber Has Helicopters In Australia Now
- Hillsboro Aviation to expand with first structure on Hillsboro Airport’s north side
- Russia – Uralhelicom signs for two Bell 407GXs
- EASA GA Safety Conference comes to a close
- Successful implementation of the new redesigned shaft on first EC225s/EC725s
- Chief pilot for new air ambulance helicopter announced
- Helitech International to introduce skills focus to the 2015 event
- No demo flights in Amsterdam as Helitech focuses on trade
- Helipark becomes Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center
- Apply Today for an HFI 2015 Scholarship
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Two more corporate AW169s sold in the UK