There is a major renovation project to the Tom Bradley International Terminal currently taking place at Los Angeles International Airport. The Los Angeles Airport Authority says the project will modernize the terminal building by adding new facilities, including a large atrium area and five new wide-body fixed wing gates. The construction, however, will necessitate the erection and use of several cranes varying from approximately 300 feet MSL to 500 feet MSL that will obstruct the helicopter ingress/egress routes to the rooftop heliport.
As a result, the 401 Parking Structure heliport at KLAX will be closed for a period of approximately one year.
The scaffolding and braces for the cranes have begun to arrive and the closure is tentative set for mid- October 2010. An e-NOTAM will be forthcoming when the exact dates are formalized.
The FBOs (Landmark and Atlantic) are available for most business and private rotorcraft operations. The Coast Guard ramp mid-field is available for military rotorcraft operations. Additionally, arrangements can be made for law enforcement, fire, or life-flight operations.
401 Parking Structure Heliport at KLAX to close for a year
- Maxcraft Avionics Announces FAA STC for Latitude IONode Flight Data Monitor on S-76
- Hillcrest Aircraft Company achieves IS-BAO Stage 1 registration
- Airbus to demonstrate first comprehensive HUMS for light and medium helicopters
- Installation Begins on the First Bell 429 with Mecaer Interior
- LCI Helicopters to manage 7 helicopters for SQN Capital Management
- The HeliHub.com interview – Lynn Tilton of MD Helicopters
- Robinson Doing Well Despite the Numbers
- Wysong Enterprises receives FAA STC/PMA for Bell 407 EMS Accessories
- Police Aviation News – February 2015 Edition
- Milestone Aviation Group expanding with new offices in Singapore, Sao Paulo and UAE
- Erickson Announces CEO Transition
- Southern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNHS) chooses Ramco Aviation Software
- New medical helicopter stationed at Mountain View Hospital
- N.W.T. launches new medevac co-ordination system for communities
- Cadorath Aerospace Awarded Coveted Rolls-Royce M250 FIRST Network Award
- Sikorsky and Bristow Embark on New Era of Search and Rescue
- Sikorsky Recognizes National Helicopter Services Ltd. for Recent S-76D™Helicopter Milestones
- Conklin & De Decker Announces 3rd Annual Exploring Aircraft Operating Costs Seminar
- Conklin & De Decker Offerheli-Expo Visitors Show Discount and Drawing for Tablet
- Police Aviation News – March 2015 Edition