With the Westland WA341G Gazelle ZK-HTB3 recently departing for "Russia" and with ZK-HTF3 having been revoked back on 24-04-2003;
It is now the turn of ZK-HBH3 to shuffle off. Westland Gazelle HT Mk2 , c/n 1418 , first flew on 24-02-1976 and was delivered to the Royal Navy as XX441 on 07-04-1976. It served with 705 Squadron and carried the code "CU-38". It was withdrawn into storage at Shawbury on 21-05-1997 and remained there until departing for NZ on 03-07-2001.
All three were re-assembled at Christchurch during October/November of 2001.
ZK-HBH3 was registered on 07-11-2001 to Brian Hall and John Butterfield and undertook its first NZ flight on 11-11-2001.
|Gazelle ZK-HBH about to carry out its first flight in NZ.
Harewood Road, Christchurch 11-11-2001.
|ZK-HBH in flight 11-11-2001.|
It was fitted with its short legs and placed into a container at Heli Maintenance, Christchurch on 23-09-2010, bound for South Africa.
|ZK-HBH being packed into a container for export.|
- UK – Instructor goes to jail for falsifying documents
- French special forces pilot killed on the ground in Mali
- British instructor found guilty in fatal Gazelle crash case
- UK – Instructor denies charge of false representing student skills in flight test
- British Gazelle pilot sparks anti-terrorist alert
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- UK helicopter fleet trains in “Pashtun Jaguar” exercise
- UK – MW Helicopters adds three ex-Army Gazelles
- 10-Jan-12 G-WDEV Eurocopter SA341G Salisbury, UK
- 02-Sep-11 12752 Soko 341H Gazelle Herceg Novi, Montenegro (3F)
- 20-Aug-11 Eurocopter SA341G Rbayh, Tunisia (2F)
- 11 Qatar Gazelles complete overhaul in France with DCI-COFRAS
- 11-May-11 Eurocopter SA341 Rose, France
- 08-Mar-11 HA-LFB Eurocopter SA341 Honister, UK (1F)
- 26-Dec-10 UR-MANN Eurocopter SA341 Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine (4F)
- 03-Dec-10 Eurocopter SA342M Jbeil, Lebanon
- 12-Oct-10 Eurocopter SA341 Saint-RemÃ¨ze, France
- 22-Sep-10 Eurocopter SA341 Plaisance-du-Gers, France
- France to keep its promise of arming Lebanese Gazelles
- British CAA changes regulation of ex-military aircraft