The delivery of the 36th EC120 is an important milestone in innovative public-private partnership program, the French armed forces, modern, cost helicopter for training purposes, provides the.
In the presence of Joseph Saporito, Executive Vice President Commercial Helicopters, and Jean-Louis Rotrubin, President & Chief Executive Manager of DCI and Helidax, the company took Helidax today the last of its 36 ordered EC120 received.
On 31 January 2008 granted French armaments agency DGA of equal parts of DCI and INAER France (formerly Proteus), a company founded Helidax an order 16000-26000 flight hours annually for basic training of the three military forces and the gendarmerie at the Army Aviation Training Centre EALAT in Dax. The new partnership agreement under Helidax provides the financing, provision and maintenance of the helicopters, which remain their property. The training in the proper sense of responsibility of the military trainers EALAT.
To fulfill the contract, the French armed forces for the EC120 have decided that from the first three copies were made in October 2009 in Dax in operation. In just one year, a total of 36 machines ordered for the replacement of the 54 previously used machines of the type SA341 and SA342 were delivered gazelle. With 80 instructors and a fleet of 36 EC120 is the EALAT in Dax, the largest helicopter school in Europe. The constant presence of Belgian military flight students and teachers of the school also gives a truly multinational character.
The NHE version (Ecole Nouvel HÃ©licoptÃ¨re) of the Eurocopter EC120 is supplied in standard design and equipped by Helidax INAER and France, together with the information required by the EALAT avionics. A glass cockpit with fully electronic on-board instruments and intensifier and autopilot support the preparation of prospective pilots on modern machines with which they will work in future: Tiger, Caracal EC725 and the NH90 soon. Although the EC120 less powerful than its predecessor, Gazelle, is, however, with flight training, navigation, night flying with night vision goggles, autorotation, instrument flight and launch flights in the mountains for an equally wide range of applications with greater availability and both the maintenance and in fuel consumption 30 percent lower operating costs. Equipped with the latest technology, first as a crash-safe certified machine also allows for training missions under the best conditions of safety.
Over 650 machines selected by many air forces EC120 have been delivered from Eurocopter. Thanks to its handy size, their economical operation, its flight characteristics and ease of handling the machine is especially pleased as a training helicopter high popularity. More than 150,000 flight hours in service collects the fleet each year.
About Eurocopter Germany GmbH
Eurocopter Established in 1992, is now a Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a Division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defense and related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 15,600 people. 2009, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world leader in the civil and parapublic market with sales of 4.6 billion euros, orders for 344 new helicopters, and a 52 percent share of the civil and Para public market. Overall, the group's products account for 30 percent of the total world helicopter fleet. Its strong worldwide presence is ensured by its 18 subsidiaries on five continents and a dense network of distributors, certified agents and maintenance centers. More than 10,500 Eurocopter helicopters for over 2,800 clients in more than 140 countries are in operation. Eurocopter is the manufacturer of the world's largest range of commercial and military helicopters.
- Turbomeca and HeliDax celebrate 50,000 flight hours for the Arrius 2F
- 20-May-13 F-HHFA Eurocopter EC120 St Tropez, France
- Eurocopter UK reinforces its British private/VIP market leadership
- Cities formally dissolve ABLE helicopter program
- Baltimore Police reverse decision to mothball one of four EC120s
- New Cabin Comfort Window Option for EC120, EC130
- American Eurocopter is leader in law enforcement sales
- Eurocopter Canada adds new STC items for AS350, EC130 and EC120
- 03-Mar-13 OM-ECI Eurocopter EC120 Horný Čepeň, Slovak Republic (1F)
- Winnipeg Police responded to 3,445 incidents in 2012
- SaxonAir appoints new CEO
- Kitchener Aero STC’s Garmin G500H in EC120
- 05-Jan-13 Eurocopter EC120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- Malaysian authorities had concerns with pilot’s documents before fatal crash
- UK – Oryx Jet adds helicopter capability
- 40,000 flight hour mark reached by Helidax
- 15-Sep-12 JA120H Eurocopter EC120 Kujukuri, Japan
- 09-Sep-12 D-HALX Eurocopter EC120 Metzingen, Germany (1F)
- Baltimore Police start operating new EC120 fleet
- Helibras delivers new EC120 and AS350B3e at LABACE 2012