Grand Prairie, TX – American Eurocopter today announced that HeatlhNet Aeromedical, long-time customer and program with aircraft operated by Air Methods, continues to expand its operations utilizing the company’s industry leading helicopters. HealthNet has already placed an EC135 and an EC145 into service this year and it has further expansion planned for the fourth quarter.
“In April we added the EC135 and the EC145 went into service in May. The aircraft have performed extremely well and we are very pleased with the support we receive from American Eurocopter,” explained Chip Sovick, President and CEO of HealthNet.
Sovick explains that it is the combination of product performance and company support that have kept them customers of American Eurocopter. “The HealthNet program has counted on Eurocopter aircraft for more than 24 years. The helicopters have consistently provided us with the performance we need for our expanding services and American Eurocopter has been there to provide us with the support we need as our operations have evolved,” he says.
HealthNet is a consortium of three hospitals with a fleet of eight aircraft operated by Air Methods. It has seven bases that provide scene, interfacility, neonatal and pediatric transfers throughout West Virginia and the surrounding states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky.
Coming in the fourth quarter, HealthNet plans to add its eighth base that will serve the West Virginia University Hospitals – East, and the Martinsburg, WV, area. Air Methods will provide an EC130 to serve the area and HealthNet will provide the medical team.
The HealthNet fleet transports 3,500 patients a year and has completed more than 50,000 accident-free missions. For more information on HealthNet, visit www.healthnetaeromedical.com.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopter’s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS, that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Army’s Light Utility Helicopter program.
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- Air Methods to Utilize FlightSafety’s Eurocopter EC135 Simulator
- Carilion to start construction of helicopter hangar in Lexington
- Germany – New office building for “Christoph 41″