Next month the annual Police Air Support Units Networking Centre Europe [PACE] conference will be held at the NH Hotel Schiphol, at the airport in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 3-4 November 2010. More information can be found at www.pacenet.info This event will provide a unique opportunity for members to meet colleagues from all over Europe, to exchange information, good practices and discuss numerous topics on Airborne Law Enforcement.
This year, the main topics of the conference, to be covered by a range of qualified speakers, will include
* Laser incidents – How dangerous are these incidents, what can be done, legal aspects and the results of prosecutions.
* Purchase and implementation of a new Dutch police helicopter fleet; includes such as the handling of the investment and lessons learned.
* Attacks on police helicopters; The recent attacks and threats to police helicopter bases will be covered comprehensively by some of those directly involved.
* Fixed wing aircraft revisited; What can new technology in the field of fixed wing aviation bring to the police mission?
* Latest developments, best practices and membership updates; see what and how are your colleagues doing in providing safety and security to the citizens of Europe!
Delegates should register to attend as soon as possible at: [email protected] but room reservations are to be made directly to the NH Hotel. There is no conference fee but attendance is restricted to PACE members only. If you are not a member yet and you qualify for membership (a police or government employee in police air support) you are eligible for membership, that can be arranged through the the PACE web site [above]. Associate membership can be granted by decision of PACE management committee on case by case basis.
Reproduced from Police Aviation News with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Police Aviation News
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx to NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police
- EASA – A vision for the future of GA
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Boeing awarded $131M contract for the procurement of 4 MH-47G Block II Helicopters
- Mexican president-elect vows to scrap MH-60R order
- First US HEMS Operation to Eliminate Paperwork with Flightdocs
- Meeker-Airfilm receives EASA STC for AFSP-V2
- Coast Guard Air Station Barbers Point holds change of command
- Leonardo and PGZ to collaborate on new AW249 combat helicopter
- AeroTex UK leverages VABS for simulation of composite rotor blades
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Nepal Army procures one AW139 and two H125s
- Nepal Army Constructs Helipad at Nepal-China border (Hilsa)
- NHV win Siemens Gamesa wind farm contract with H175 at Aberdeen
- Bell Training Academy opens Floyd Carlson Airfield
- Airbus delivers law enforcement H125s in North America faster than one per month
- EASA issues STC for AS350/AS355 automatically deployable ELT built by SPAES
- MQ-8C Fire Scout completes operational test and evaluation
- IMT Vislink Launches New TSM-2020 Transport Management System
- Kopter announces North American subsidiary