Safe Flight Instrument has begun delivery of its Powerline Detection System (PDS) to Enstrom for installation on three Enstrom 480B model helicopters scheduled to be supplied to the Royal Thai Army in the first quarter of 2011.
The addition of Safe Flight’s Powerline Detection System was a key component in the contract award to provide the Royal Thai Army with 16 Enstrom 480B model helicopters. These 16 light turbine helicopters will be used primarily for training purposes and will be based at the army's aviation centre in Lopburi province in central Thailand.
The Powerline Detection System will be offered to all other Enstrom 480 operators as a production option or can be installed as an in-service retrofit.
Safe Flight’s Powerline Detection System has been FAA and EASA certified and is currently being operated world wide. PDS is an extremely lightweight and passive system that alerts the aircraft pilot and crew when approaching an energized power line in a heads up attitude. The system provides a visual and aural warning to the crew. As the aircraft approaches the danger the aural warning intensifies allowing the pilot to avoid contact with the hazard altogether.
A multi-role light turbine helicopter, the Enstrom 480 series has now been certified in 16 countries and has already been operated in 31 countries. With over 130 aircraft in the field now, the 480B is proving to be a popular choice for a wide range of applications, including personal transport, flight instruction, law enforcement, power line patrol, executive transport (charter), electronic news gathering, pipeline patrol, aerial photography, sightseeing, and cargo/passenger delivery.
Safe Flight Instrument Corporation, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. Headquartered in White Plains, New York, the company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance and control systems for fixed- and rotary-winged aircraft. Safe Flight products are installed on nearly two-thirds of the world’s aircraft - in the general aviation, commercial, and military sectors.
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Enstrom provides update on their new owners
- Argentina certifies Enstrom 480B
- Enstrom selects Garmin G1000H for 480B
- Rolls-Royce delivers 31,000th M250 engine to Enstrom
- New owners at Enstrom Helicopter Corp
- 30-Nov-12 Enstrom 480B Pondok Cabe, Indonesia
- Japan accepts 10th of 30 Enstrom 480s
- Enstrom refreshes website
- Enstrom delivers last of 16 480Bs to Royal Thai Army
- Gardner Aviation Services completes 3 Enstrom 480B Garmin G-500H upgrades
- Enstrom 480B spray system certified in China
- Sandel avionics chosen for Enstrom 480 fleet in Japan
- Japan signs for another 28 Enstrom TH-480s
- 16th birthday first solo on turbine and piston helicopters
- Enstrom delivers four more 480s to Royal Thai Army
- Enstrom appoints new dealer in China
- Enstrom delivers first 280FX in four years
- Enstrom expects Japanese signature by January
- First three Enstrom 480s deliverd to Royal Thai Army