Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, congratulates Robinson Helicopter Company on achieving certification of the new R66. The helicopter was FAA certified October 25 during a ceremony held at the Robinson facility in Torrance, CA.
The R66 is powered by a single Rolls-Royce RR300 turboshaft engine and is the first turbine powered model in Robinsonâ€™s product line. The RR300 offers ample power, true multi-fuel capability, turbine engine responsiveness, smoothness and worry-free reliability.
Ken Roberts, Rolls-Royce President â€“ Helicopter Engines, said â€œRolls-Royce is pleased to congratulate Robinson on certification of the R66. Robinson Helicopter is known for their quality products and has taken great care in creating the R66 model. Weâ€™re proud to be working with Robinson and supplying power for this new aircraft.â€
The R66 is a five-seat helicopter which includes a two-blade rotor system and open interior configuration. In relation to its predecessor, the R66 model has increased reserve power and altitude performance.
The relationship between Rolls-Royce and Robinson Helicopter Company began in 2005 with the signing of a Development Agreement and the two companies have worked closely since then to develop the RR300 engine which provides optimal performance and reliability.
- Prabhu new two Robinson R66 successfully commences its Proving flight
- Armenian Helicopters Certified to start Operations
- Prabhu added two new Robinson R66 to its fleet; chopper arrives Birgunj Custom
- Prabhu Helicopter adding two new Robinson R66 to its fleet
- Robinson Production Picked up Steam in 2017
- Donaldson to celebrate 9000th IBF delivery at HAI Heli-Expo
- Magellan Wire Strike Protection System™ Now Available for R66
- Robinson Introduces Two Garmin G500H TXi Displays
- Robinson to launch R66 hook at Heli-Expo
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- Robinson receives R66 big sales boost
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)
- FAA approves R66 hooks from Onboard Systems
- FAA certifies R66 Newscopter
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- EASA Approves Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management