Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, congratulates Robinson Helicopter Company on achieving certification of the new R66. The helicopter was FAA certified October 25 during a ceremony held at the Robinson facility in Torrance, CA.
The R66 is powered by a single Rolls-Royce RR300 turboshaft engine and is the first turbine powered model in Robinsonâ€™s product line. The RR300 offers ample power, true multi-fuel capability, turbine engine responsiveness, smoothness and worry-free reliability.
Ken Roberts, Rolls-Royce President â€“ Helicopter Engines, said â€œRolls-Royce is pleased to congratulate Robinson on certification of the R66. Robinson Helicopter is known for their quality products and has taken great care in creating the R66 model. Weâ€™re proud to be working with Robinson and supplying power for this new aircraft.â€
The R66 is a five-seat helicopter which includes a two-blade rotor system and open interior configuration. In relation to its predecessor, the R66 model has increased reserve power and altitude performance.
The relationship between Rolls-Royce and Robinson Helicopter Company began in 2005 with the signing of a Development Agreement and the two companies have worked closely since then to develop the RR300 engine which provides optimal performance and reliability.
- Meeker-Airfilm receives certification for R44 and R66 nose mount
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Prabhu Helicopter adds new Robinson R66 chopper to its fleet
- Prabhu Helicopter to receive brand new R66 Turbine Helicopter by September
- 21-Aug-17 RA-05750 Robinson R66 Maly Utrish, Russia (1F)
- FAA approves R66 hooks from Onboard Systems
- FAA certifies R66 Newscopter
- R66 now has lithium-ion battery option
- EASA Approves Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Management
- Nepal – Prabhu Helicopter orders R66
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- FAA approves Dart Aerospace R66 utility baskets
- 20-May-17 N778TL Robinson R66 Canon City, US-Colorado
- DART Aerospace first to release R66 basket
- Rolls-Royce expands RR300 engine support for Robinson R66 helicopters
- FAA approves Donaldson IBF for R66
- FAA Issues Shadin Avionics STC for Robinson R66 Fuel Flow Managements
- First Robinson R66 arrives in Thailand
- Robinson delivers 12,000th helicopter
- Robinson’s R66 Turbine Marine Receives EASA Approval