This global Innovation Award coordinated by Aviation Week put the Helimod right in the world aviation spotlight and sparked a great deal of interest.
The Helimod's re-configurability along with its robust design, small footprint, low cost and realistic force trim function and control loading all contributed to it being considered for an award.
Managing Director Chris Ryan said he was delighted that the Helimod had achieved this level of acclaim saying that there has been very positive feedback from the demonstrations over the past six months at shows in the US, Europe and the UK.
More information about the awards can be found here.
The images below show how an aircraft specific "module" can easily be attached to the main base unit (or swapped over) in just minutes.
Uses of the Helimod include:
* Mission rehearsal
* Familiarization flights
* Weather avoidance / interaction
* Part-task trainer (PTT)
* Emergency procedures
* NAV training
* Lab work / testing
* Human factors analysis
* DIS role player
* Combined arms training
* Crew resource management (with optional rear cabin and airframe cockpit enclosure)
* Displays at trade shows / events (for recruiting agencies etc.)
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men