In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Bell introduces armed unmanned V-247 tiltrotor
- Airbus taking H130 and H135 to AMTC Conference
- FlightSafety appoints Sales Director for Latin America and the Caribbean
- HAL conducts first flight of indigenous LUH
- Safran-powered Indian LUH completes first flight
- Sikorsky continues S92 one million flight hours celebrations
- MD Helicopters delivers last three MD530F to Afghan Air Force
- Orga receives first-ever CAAi approval certificate
- Sikorsky Remaining in Connecticut for 16 Years
- US Army OH-58D Kiowa Scouts on final Korean deployment
- CAA Improving Systems and Faith of North Sea Helicopter Industry
- Air Evac Lifeteam names Region 4 Pilot of the Year
- Taiwan Declines US MH-60R Offer
- Textool Sues Bell for $1 Million
- NZ Seasprite makes first operational mission with an offshore patrol vessel
- Royal Thai Navy Receives 5 H145Ms
- Airbus and Denel partner to Enhance South African Rooivalk
- Spectrum Aeromed to celebrate 25th Anniversary at AMTC conference
- Upgrade for South African AF Oryx Helicopters
- £3.9 Million Raised for Central Manchester Helipad