In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Heli-One to upgrade two VVIP Sikorsky S76B helicopters
- Mecaer Aviation Group Signs Brazilian Agent
- New President named at CMC Electronics
- NARA raises $35,000 scholarship fund
- Dart expands Approved Maintenance Center into Australia and NZ
- Maverick Helicopters wins Best Air Tour award for 7th year running
- Mobile Critical Care Unit to help with Nova Scotia LifeFlight helipad Issue
- Avlite Systems Announces Complete Heliport Solution Brochure
- CybAero performs test campaign from Swedish Navy corvette
- Kamov Ka62 makes first flight
- Register Update – Switzerland – April 2016
- EASA issue Emergency AD for EC225
- Irish Coast Guard reaches landmark 10,000 flight hours on S92 fleet
- SAFE aligns with Next Stage Engineering
- Bell wins first 505 customer in Sri Lanka
- Sikorsky conducts Combat Rescue Helicopter preliminary design review
- Norwegian Investigator’s statement on EC225
- OIl & Gas UK statement on EC225
- CHC statement on EC225 accident
- UK AAIB statement on EC225