In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Anti-poaching unit ready to start helicopter patrols
- Airbus Group Completes Successful Flight Tests of Laser-Based Airspeed Sensor System
- ACE to Work with COX on V-22 Phase II
- Bell EVP joins Texas Aerospace and Aviation Advisory Committee
- Flightsafety to offer airbus EC145 helicopter training using a new FS1000 level D qualified simulator
- LORD Microstrain awarded for On-Rotor Helicopter HUMS
- Lockheed Martin awarded $43.4M target sight contract, upgrading AH-1W to AH-1Z
- BSC Partners awarded $13.6M modification to MH-60 training device contract
- Bell awarded $11.6M for H-1 upgrades
- Heli Charter not ready for 1st January start with Wiltshire Bell 429
- Dutch Defence Minister re-starts NH90 deliveries
- New South Wales splits EMS cover into two contracts
- Great North Air Ambulance to carry blood from January
- Memorial service held on 50th anniversary of Coast Guard Rescue 1363 accident
- Okanagan Mounties track down stolen helicopter parts
- Court puts halt to Sindh AW139 acquisition
- Former Bay Area news helicopter pilot who used fake names must repay TV stations
- Burj Al Arab awarded first heliport licence in the UAE
- Trial date set in Mercy Air Med lawsuit
- NHI Delivers the first Spanish built NH90 TTH