In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- Waypoint to acquire 18 AgustaWestland helicopters
- Airbus Helicopters HCare Customer Service goes digital
- FAA Expands Unmanned Aircraft Pathfinder Efforts
- Heliservice International signs for first offshore AW169 in Europe
- PDG Helicopters receives H135 and signs for PBH Support Agreement
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Signs for H145
- Waypoint to acquire 20 Airbus H135
- Germany’s Agrarflug Helilift becomes Bell CSF
- Helicentre Aviation Announces 2016 Scholarship Programme
- Gulf Helicopters to expand and market MRO and Training Capabilities
- SonAir Selects Heli-One unit in Poland for Super Puma G-Checks
- Norwegian Air Ambulance orders three H135s
- Turbomeca highlights 2015 achievements and commitments
- Turbomeca studies innovative systems and architectures for helicopter propulsion
- ITT showcases rotorcraft solutions at Helitech 2015
- Airbus introduces H145 Mercedes-Benz Style
- Marenco Swisshelicopter picks Pall barrier filters for SKYe SH09
- WAI Welcomes Cassandra Bosco as Newest Staff Member
- AgustaWestland certified by EASA to supply FMS Navigation Database
- Bel Air AW189s pass 2000 Flight Hour Milestone