In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- First Eurocopter, then AgustaWestland, now Turbomeca goes for new name
- HeliOffshore launches global online community using Jive Software
- Airbus reveals H160 VIP interior at EBACE 2016
- UK Childrens Air Ambulance to fly two AW169s
- Era marks 1000 SAR missions on Gulf of Mexico since 2010
- Leonardo and NTU Singapore sign research agreement
- Hawker Pacific attending Rotortech 2016 with Bell 505 mockup
- Universal Avionics expects AS332 certifications mid-2016
- P&WC Rolls Out New Customer Service Engine
- JSSI launches maintenance program for MD500 and MD600
- Bristow brings S92 back from Nigeria for North Sea cover
- Register Update – USA – week to 22 May 2016
- Airbus puts H215 demonstrator into humanitarian relief work
- Pacific Crown Helicopters win new helicopter maintenance approvals
- Cotswold Helicopter Centre in Cabri G2 JV with Gama Aviation
- FlightSafety newly enhanced courseware app for iPad
- Airbus starts new MSN series for H135 helicopters
- Air BP launches Environmental Solutions offer at EBACE
- Airbus wins UK training contract with 29 H135s and 3 H145s
- AHS announces 2016 Lichten Award Winners