In the last week, the HeliHub.com team have filed the 7,000th news story on this website. The most recent 1,000 stories were filed in just under 11 weeks, equating to 92 stories a week – peaking one week in October with an incredible 121 stories. This remarkable effort shows the team’s dedication to the task, with stories sourced from all corners of the globe in our efforts to provide the industry with the best service bar none. Coupled with our accident and incident filings (see http://www.helihub.com/tag/accidents ), we have built up a formidable source of information for the global helicopter industry.
HeliHub.com offers a Twitter feed for news stories at http://twitter.com/helihub and a second feed for accidents and incidents at http://twitter.com/helihub_safety â€“ and makes the news headlines available in a daily email at http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=HelihubNews&loc=en_US . Further expansion is expected to be announced in the near future.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and a number of new features of the site are planned for launch over the coming months.
- RAF officially hands over Merlins to Royal Navy
- Webb County Fire Department considering helicopter pad
- New Helipad At West Hills Hospital To Expand Access For Critical Burn Patients
- Heli UK Expo The UK’s dedicated Helicopter Event
- Helicopter memorial unveiled in Newfoundland
- Alcor keen to invest Rs 15,000 cr on helicopter unit
- CHI Aviation awarded Gulf of Mexico S92 contract
- Aurora Awarded Funding to Continue Development of DARPA VTOL X-Plane Program
- Ultimate Heli to install PA100 PUREair Engine Protection System in AS350
- Shimco to Exhibit at MRO Europe 2014 in the Ontario Pavilion
- Scottsdale museum gets Vietnam War helicopter
- Military surgeon, researcher and healthcare leader appointed Chief Medical Officer for Ornge
- Hillsboro Aviation designated a 2015 Military Friendly School
- Boeing Delivers First New-Build MH-47G Special Operations Chinook
- LCI Successfully Closes $325M Secured Asset-Backed Facility
- UK – Bond prepares for threatened closure of Blackpool base
- MD Helicopters to supply 12 more MD530F to Afghanistan
- Bell-Boeing awarded $24M delivery order for trainer upgrades
- Thales awarded $7.7M delivery order for H-60 sonar work
- Rockwell Collins wins $151M contract for helicopter display units