Honeywell has selected Zhu Hai Helicopter Company to be its first helicopter avionics fleet operator in China, marking the beginning of a strong Honeywell presence in the country’s helicopter support industry. Zhu Hai helicopters will represent Honeywell’s commercial helicopter avionics product line. Zhu Hai will sell Honeywell components direct to operators, as well as perform remove and replace functions in one of their many hangars within China.
“The agreement with Zhu Hai represents an important strategic step for Honeywell in China,” said Mark Howes, president of Honeywell Aerospace, Asia Pacific. “Honeywell selected the Zhu Hai Helicopter Company in order to quickly and efficiently meet the forecasted demand, particularly the helicopter needs of the fast-growing oil and gas market. Zhu Hai and Honeywell are very harmonious in our goals and objectives.”
Howes said this business is expected to grow steadily by more than 4 percent each year. “We are very excited to become the first Honeywell helicopter avionics dealer in China,” said Mr. Jian Zhuodong, vice president, Zhuhai Helicopter Company. “This is the first step to building a lasting, stable and mutually beneficial relationship with Honeywell.”
Honeywell has a long tradition of commitment to providing comprehensive helicopter safety solutions for commercial and military customers with integrated safety solutions that improve situational awareness, reduce pilot workload and reduce low visibility loss of control.
Honeywell helicopter safety solutions specifically address the challenges of traffic, terrain, and weather with industry-leading technology and potentially life-saving performance. Honeywell offers a full range of helicopter equipment, from aircraft engines, auxiliary power units and other mechanical systems to the Zing™ Health Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS).
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Honeywell’s aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations. Honeywell International (NYSE: HON) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole