Honeywell has selected Zhu Hai Helicopter Company to be its first helicopter avionics fleet operator in China, marking the beginning of a strong Honeywell presence in the country’s helicopter support industry. Zhu Hai helicopters will represent Honeywell’s commercial helicopter avionics product line. Zhu Hai will sell Honeywell components direct to operators, as well as perform remove and replace functions in one of their many hangars within China.
“The agreement with Zhu Hai represents an important strategic step for Honeywell in China,” said Mark Howes, president of Honeywell Aerospace, Asia Pacific. “Honeywell selected the Zhu Hai Helicopter Company in order to quickly and efficiently meet the forecasted demand, particularly the helicopter needs of the fast-growing oil and gas market. Zhu Hai and Honeywell are very harmonious in our goals and objectives.”
Howes said this business is expected to grow steadily by more than 4 percent each year. “We are very excited to become the first Honeywell helicopter avionics dealer in China,” said Mr. Jian Zhuodong, vice president, Zhuhai Helicopter Company. “This is the first step to building a lasting, stable and mutually beneficial relationship with Honeywell.”
Honeywell has a long tradition of commitment to providing comprehensive helicopter safety solutions for commercial and military customers with integrated safety solutions that improve situational awareness, reduce pilot workload and reduce low visibility loss of control.
Honeywell helicopter safety solutions specifically address the challenges of traffic, terrain, and weather with industry-leading technology and potentially life-saving performance. Honeywell offers a full range of helicopter equipment, from aircraft engines, auxiliary power units and other mechanical systems to the Zing™ Health Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS).
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Honeywell’s aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations. Honeywell International (NYSE: HON) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges.
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters