Sun Valley Heli Ski Guides has selected Reeder Flying Service as their helicopter provider for the 2010/11 ski season. Sun Valley Heli Ski is the oldest heli ski operation in the continental US and is celebrating its’ 45th year of operation. It operates out of Sun Valley Resort and the Smoky Mountain Lodge; the only fly in heli ski lodge in the lower 48. In 2008, Sun Valley Heli Ski became part of EpicQuest, which also owns and operates Chugach Powder Guides, Alaska’s largest heli ski provider. Reeder Flying Service is located in Twin Falls and has been in operation since 1941. It was an aviation pioneer in Idaho and continues to be one of the leading aviation companies in Idaho.
Reeder will be providing a Eurocopter A-Star B-2 helicopter which will be piloted by Steve West, Chief Pilot for Reeder and Lon Stickney, long time Sun Valley Heli Ski pilot. “Utilizing a local helicopter provider like Reeder has huge operational advantage for us and we are very excited that Reeder is once again providing helicopters to the heli ski industry” says Scott Desserault, Business Manager for Sun Valley Heli. “Reeder has an outstanding safety record and some of the finest equipment in the industry.”
“We are very excited and proud to be working with Sun Valley Ski Guides and look forward to many years of heli skiing and possible future development of what we can do together” says Reeder CEO Gerald Haye.
Sun Valley Heli Ski will begin operations on January 6th, 2011 and will continue until the end of March, conditions permitting.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men