Langley, BC – Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America (Vector - www.vectoraerospace.com), a subsidiary of Vector Aerospace Corporation; one of the world’s leading independent providers of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services has recently been granted a Transport Canada Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for an Integrated Cockpit Display System (ICDS, or “glass cockpit installation”) for the Bell 205 series helicopter.
The STC applies to the following Bell Helicopter models:
* Bell 205A, 205 A-1, 205A-1 (H1SW)
* Bell 205B, 205B (H-104)
* Bell 212 H-86 (Eagle Single Engine conversion)
Mark Jensen, manager of avionics for Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-Langley notes the Visual Flight Rule (VFR) certified Bell 205 ICDS solution is a completely integrated upgrade, replacing all legacy engine instruments, sensors and gyros with digital, solid state equipment. The new, light-weight cockpit installation offers a more reliable and cost effective alternative that provides operators enhanced flight safety benefits through integration of the latest situational awareness tools, and the ability to adapt or upgrade the system to accommodate practically any mission requirement. The system also includes a variety of practical multi-function improvements; listing moving map displays, enhanced vision (when linked to the optional camera installation) and exceedence monitoring functions among its many operator-focused benefits.
Jensen explains that at this time the STC is applicable to Canadian Bell 205 operators; however Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) is currently in process and that once Vector receives the authorization, the company will begin producing complete installation-ready kits to operators for self installation.
In developing this latest glass cockpit STC, Vector partnered with Sagem Avionics, Inc. (Safran group), one of the helicopter industry’s leading manufacturer of glass cockpit systems. To date, Vector has successfully developed and integrated various glass cockpit solutions for the Bell 205 / 206 series, the Eurocopter AS350 and Heli-Lynx 355FX, the Eagle Single and Sikorsky S61 and S76 helicopters. In addition to the Vector-SAGEM ICDS avionics suites, Vector also offers a Rockwell-Collins STC glass cockpit solution for the Sikorsky S76 and S61 that utilizes a FDS-2000 and Collins AHRS package.
About Vector Aerospace Corporation (“Vector”)
Vector is a global independent provider of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul services. Through facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Africa it provides services to commercial and military customers for various types of gas turbine engines, components and helicopter airframes. Principal operations include Vector Aerospace Engine Services-Atlantic, Vector Aerospace Engine Services-UK, Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America, Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-UK and Pathix ASP. Vector also provides information technology solutions to an international customer base. Vector employs approximately 2,500 employees.
- Dart announces skidtube step for medium Bells
- ASU Announces STC for Bell 205A-1 for Aerial Firefighting
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- EASA Approves FastFin for Bell 205s
- 20-Dec-12 HB-RXC Bell UH-1H Rüthi, Switzerland
- 22-Sep-12 N689H Bell 205A-1 La Grande, US-Oregon
- Brazil certifies BLR Aerospace’s FastFin on B204, 205 and 212
- EASA approves BLR FastFin for Bell 205
- Cadorath Aerospace develops 15 new Bell repairs April 2012
- 13-Apr-12 N17HX Bell 205A-1 Hot Springs, US-Virginia
- Dart announces TC/FAA/EASA approval of run-on wearplates for Bell 205/212/214/412/UH-1H
- FAA approves Vector’s Bell 205/212 “Glass Cockpit” installation
- FAA proposes AD for main rotor yoke on Bell 204/205/212
- FAA AD 2011-23-02 – Bell 205/210/212
- FAA AD 2010-26-52 – Bell 204/205/210/212/412
- 04-Sep-11 N205WW Bell 205 Tehachapi, US-California
- Dart announces Brazilian approval of Heli-Rappel Kit on medium Bells
- Dart announces TC/FAA/EASA approval of their Vertical Reference Door Kit
- ASU receive STC for firefighting Bell 205
- FAA approves Dart LED Pulse Lights for Bell 204/205/210/212/214/412