A good proportion of the world's registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the "Registration Prefixes" option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Less autonomy for AgustaWestland as Finmeccanica pushes consolidation plans
- New Bell 412EPI products receive STC approval
- STARS Resumes Service in Manitoba
- New Zealand CAA investigate drone operator after video posted on YouTube
- Concurrent Technologies win $15M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Counter Measures work
- Lycoming Eliminates “Frequent” Use Requirement on 2200 TBO for Robinson Helicopters
- Compensation unresolved over S76C+ crash into Korean apartment block
- General Electric win $80M contract for CH/MH-53 engine repairs
- Raytheon win $12M contract for MH-60 Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- HAI Inspires Next Generation at Women in Aviation Conference
- FAA appeals after NTSB Administrative Law Judge drone decision
- AgustaWestland appoints new Support/Training VP for Canada, US and Central America
- McKenna Long & Aldridge launches UAS practice group
- Frank Robinson to be honoured in California Aviation Hall of Fame
- Airbus delivers last German Army Tiger upgraded for Afghanistan
- Devon Air Ambulance awarded their own Air Operators Certificate
- One new CV-22 ordered at cost of $76.1M
- Helicopter Maintenance Magazine announces winner of 2013 Helicopter Mechanic of the Year Award
- FAA announces Azerbaijan Aviation Safety Rating
- FAA approves Sandel HeliTAWS Terrain Awareness Warning System