A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Gwinnett County Police receive first 530F upgrade
- LCI touches down at Helitech
- Rockwell Collins to show Pro Line Fusion for commercial helicopters at HeliTech
- Exhibitor Bookings begin for Heli UK Expo
- Register Update – Switzerland – September 2015
- Register for the Upcoming AHS Rotorcraft Propulsion Meeting
- Papillon names Halvorson third generation to President roles
- US Navy revives MH-53E Sea Dragon training squadron HM-12
- Register Update – Canada – September 2015
- RA Aviation launches Rescue Hoist Cable Wash Trolley
- France completes testing of V-22 on Helicopter Landing Deck
- Brazilian military passes 10,000 flight hours with H225M
- AAR appoints Chief Financial Officer
- AAR Selected for 2014 NDTA Corporate Distinguished Service Award
- MI-38 series production planned for 2016-2017
- Chuck Aaron to retire from airshow circuit
- Timken awarded $46M three-year Apache transmission contract
- Sikorsky awarded $25M five-year contract for Black Hawk blade repairs
- Erickson wins Military Sealift Command contract worth $7M
- AAR awarded two Military Sealift Command contracts worth $21M