A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
HeliHub.com adds worldwide registration prefix data
- STARS raises over $1M in one event
- HAI Hosts Industry-Government Forum on Critical Issues
- Lynx pilot gets Royal Navy wings from Prince Andrew
- Colorado Springs Police looks to restart air unit
- State police float Michigan-wide drone use
- ORNGE puts four air ambulances up for sale
- Helipad takes flight at Jackson South
- Montreal mulls heliport in downtown area
- All Metal MS delivers helicopter landing platform to Calstar
- Shimco to Attend Aero India 2015
- CAA reports on progress to improve safety of offshore helicopter operations
- FlightSafety appoints new Visual Systems VP
- Kazakh Internal Affairs Ministry Sues Eurocopter Kazakhstan
- Onboard Systems to provide EC145T2 cargo hook to Airbus
- Trial Software Available to Automate Aerospace Industry Supply Chain Management
- South African AW139 selects FBO One operations software
- Australia removes flight crew licensing requirements for R22 and R44
- AHS runs 32st Annual Student Design Competition
- Border Guard Bangladesh to buy four helicopters
- UK – HQ Aviation add second R66