A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- 6 Units Honored at Night Vision Awards ALEA 2015
- AW119MkII Crosstubes Complete DART’s Landing Gear Portfolio
- AHS appoint new Membership Director
- HTM takes delivery of first H135 in wind farm support
- DRF flies 19,525 EMS flight in first half of 2015 across Germany
- Bird Aerosystems works with Bell to create surveillance 407 ASIO
- Australian Helicopters reveals first AW139 for Ambulance Victoria
- Heli-One showcases extensive MRO capabilities with new website
- FAA: Wildfires and Drones Don’t Mix
- Heli-Union adds third Cabri to training fleet
- Robinson Upgrades R66 Police Helicopter
- North Carolina helipad approved
- Heli-skiing plan divides Colorado neighbors
- Onboard Systems R66 cargo hook approved by FAA
- Fort Drum Kiowas make final flight
- Offshore Helicopter Leasing – an Existential Risk?
- Solo R22 pilot rescued after 32 hours on ice floe
- Australia accepts first EC135 for HATS training program
- HNZ appoints new VP/CFO
- NYSE warns CHC after share price dips below compliance level