A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Russia to fulfil contract for Mi-17V5 delivery to India by year-end
- Russian Helicopters to sign contracts with India’s Army, Navy and Home Affairs Ministry
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight Opens Base in West Tennessee
- 24-hour medical helicopter facility built at Greenbrier Valley Airport
- Air Evac officials speak at Quota meeting
- Colombia looking into helipad near Lost City site
- Founder of Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston dies aged 86
- Med-Trans Begins Air Medical Service in McAlester, Oklahoma
- Bristow Helicopters Australia Implements ATMS from AQT Solutions
- Airbus present Tiger to Polish military
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance now routinely carries blood
- Queensland Government seeks Air Charter Services proposals
- Bell congratulates Fuji Heavy Industries on Japanese UH-X Contract Award
- Mexican operator Servicios Aereos Across adds Bell 429
- Maverick Helicopters Invests Nearly $2 Million in Ground Transportation
- FAA Selects New Unmanned Aircraft Executives
- FAA Releases Updated Model Aircraft Guidance
- Cadorath Engineering becomes Canada’s latest Design Approval Organization
- Bond Offshore Helicopters picks Heli-One to overhaul H225
- Airbus Helicopters H175 reaches 1,000 flight hours with NHV