A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Mercy Flight Western New York opens new facility
- Wisconsin – MedLink Air to trial second helicopter for six months
- BHS Helicopterservice partners with jet operator DC Aviation
- Heli-Expo 2017 Housing Opens June 1
- RH Focus Corp expecting to represent Russian Helicopters in Korea
- Russia starts to export Ka52 and Mi-28NE
- HAI ensures helicopter views considered at ICAO panel meeting
- Falcon Aviation signs LOI for one H160
- New heliport proposed in Yonkers suburb of New York
- Russian CAA approves NHV maintenance facility
- Sloane Helicopters renews UK and Ireland Distributorship Agreement with Leonardo
- Oceania Aviation is attending AHIA Rotortech
- Safran Helicopter Engines opens Singapore facility
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AEM to provide Internal PA system for Indian Chinooks
- Avinco launches US subsidiary
- Coptering adds second Cabri G2 to cope with training demand
- Russian Helicopters launches system to detect hidden rotor blade damage
- L-3 Link CH-47F Operational Flight Trainers released for training
- Mecaer announces US launch customer for 429 MAGnificent interior