A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Pittsburg Welcomes ETMC
- U.S. Navy awards $600 million multi-service contract
- $48 million contract for Meggitt Sensing Systems
- CH-53K King Stallion successfully completes initial operational testing
- EASA Workshop on Crew Resource Management
- Able debuts 24-hour AOG support
- PCX Aerostructures Celebrates Manufacturing Milestone
- DCNS and Airbus Join forces to design French Navy Aerial Drone
- HELP Appeal provides £2M more for Hospital Helipads
- EASA to host Annual Safety Conference
- New HE-MRO centre will support Indian helicopter operators
- Activist Drone Shot Down at North Dakota Pipeline Site
- Progress for Valley Med Flight Hangar
- Leonardo confirms orders from Brazil for mulitiple AW169s
- Unmanned Aircraft Safety Team holds first meeting
- Lockheed Martin Announces FY2016 Q3 Earnings date
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1
- CH-53K King Stallion Passes Initial Operational Testing
- Multi Year Navy Contract for Aspen
- New Helicopter Company for Lloydminster