A good proportion of the world's registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the "Registration Prefixes" option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Celebrates 130,000 Student Milestone
- Black Knight Transformer Successfully Completes First Flights
- Sandel launches all-digital Attitude & Heading Reference System
- Frasca first to integrate Garmin’s GTN 650 into Flight Simulators
- Northwest MedStar takes to the air from Missoula base
- Lord Corp receives two-year Chinook vibration control contract
- SCRA wins $2.8M contract for Future Vertical Lift composite structures
- Flight Safety Foundation announces new President/CEO
- SkyTrac Systems Introduces Duty Hours Feature to SkyWeb
- Heli Protection Europe buys Entrol simulator based on Bell 412
- Airbus Helicopters displaying at DSA in Kuala Lumpur
- GAMA Opens New Middle East/North Africa Office in Dubai
- Airbus Group Named Preferred Employer By French Engineering Students in 2014
- CHC AW139 fleet passes 100,000 Flight Hours
- 13-Apr-14 Reno, US-Nevada (1F)
- GAL Aerospace completes acquisition of interiors specialist AeroQuest
- Gama Engineering wins UK Army Gazelle avionics update contract
- Second rooftop EMS helipad goes live in London
- Los Angeles judge denies motion for R66 trial to be held in Colombia
- Armed Forces of Malta to acquire second AW139