A good proportion of the world's registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the "Registration Prefixes" option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- Peab to Build a Helicopter Base at Bardufoss in Norway
- More police departments considering the use of drones
- Hartford Hospital’s LIFE STAR Launches Mobile App
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 Helps to Save Refugees In The Mediterranean Sea
- RotorWay Under New Ownership
- Bell Breaks Ground on Lafayette JetRanger X Assembly Facility
- REACH Goes Pink to Support Breast Cancer Awareness
- Dhruv helicopters back in action after Sitapur crash
- US helicopter base covered in safety foam
- Bell Helicopter Training Academy Receives CAAC Part 147 Approval
- Legal bid to get information from helicopter black box
- North Sea Pilots suspended landing on wrong platform
- All Metal MS announces new Pegasus landing platform
- Aeronautical Accessories adds Donaldson Inducer Vent Filter to Product Offerings
- Bristow to present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference
- Dinniman Announces $ 2.5 Million for Sikorsky Helicopter
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice to Invest in CHC Group
- Bristow Group names new corporate development and strategy chief
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS350 for Private Use in Quebec
- Era Group to Present at Barclays CEO Energy-Power Conference