A good proportion of the world's registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the "Registration Prefixes" option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industry’s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- US Army pans to scrap Kiowa fleet
- AgustaWestland secures first broadcasting AW169 sale
- Helipad approved for luxury Mallorca marina
- Christie to supply projectors for German Federal Police EC155/AS332 flight training devices
- US Army dispose of two CH-47D Chinooks
- Female Embry-Riddle Students Given WAI Memberships
- Indonesian military develops underslung basket and platform
- Northern NSW Westpac Helicopter Services combine
- Wucher Helicopter launches winter season EC135 operation
- Colorado Heli-Ops marks three milestones in one day
- STARS provides update on Winnipeg base
- Austria files request for three UH-60Ms
- 08-Dec-13 VH-VMT Eurocopter EC120 Byron Bay, Australia
- Delaware Police seek help finding suspect in helicopter scam
- Bell face second lawsuit over Sept 2010 NYPD Bell 412 accident
- Bell-Boeing receive $15M delivery order for eight V-22 helmet mounted display kits
- Successful maiden flight of the world’s first green helicopter
- Aero Dynamix receives AS9100 & ISO 9001 Certification
- Bond wins five year contract for two S92s with Nexen Petroleum
- 08-Dec-13 Boeing CH-47D Jericho, Israel