A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
HeliHub.com adds worldwide registration prefix data
- Med Trans’ Wings Air Rescue Program Celebrates 20 Years
- Korea orders Raytheon Stinger missiles for Apache fleet
- Ospreys Land On Korean Amphibious Assault Ship
- Texas Dept of Health investigates Air Evac Lifeteam
- Uncertain future for Yavapai College flight training programs
- Proposed heli-ski tenure application borders Kokanee Glacier Park
- NH90 acquisition criticised as NZ use Seasprite for Vanuatu aid flights
- Offshore workers could end up stranded under new helicopter rules
- eVideo brings Videoconferencing to CareFlight
- CybAero receives first call-off order from Chinese AVIC
- 2nd MAW Marines earn Marine, NCO of the Year honors
- Heavy Marine Helicopter Training Squadron 302 receives new home
- Sikorsky chooses Decision Lens R&D software
- CybAero extends factory testing for delivery to China Customs
- Bond wins £60M five year offshore SAR contract
- Duncan Aviation to Perform NDT Inspection for Enstrom Helicopter Service Direct Bulletin
- Helinet receives FAA waiver for UAS flights
- Rockwell Collins delivers RNP-RNAV capabilities for the U.S. Army CH-47F Chinooks
- First test landing at new Southern General Hospital helipad in Glasgow
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Offers Helicopter Tours Of Mount Fuji