A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
- AW169 testing continues with loadlifting in Big Bear Valley
- CHC and Total collaborate to repel birds from offshore rigs
- HeliRussia 2016 to have specialized UAV area
- Frasca Bell 407 FTD Receives Level 7 Qualification
- AMOA, Airbus and Bell commit to crash resistant fuel systems
- Uber-for-helicopters startup Blade expands into jets
- Chinese operator signs for for firefighting Kamov Ka32s
- Bristow introduces self-checkin in Norway
- PhilJets works with GrabTaxi app to form GrabHeli
- Recently retired military chief summonsed over AW159 corruption allegations
- Houston County restarts EMS service with Air Evac Lifeteam
- Punjab Government VVIP choice is between Mi-17 and Bell 412
- Jakarta to Build Public Helipad in Thousand Islands
- Russian Helicopters hands over first Mi-8AMTSh to Russian Arctic forces
- First of two AW139s for Atlantic Airways now in flight test
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance submits outline plans for new base
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2015
- Philippine National Police to overhaul two R44s; EC145 purchase on hold
- Bell prepares to fly 300th 429
- Indonesia orders three AW101s for VVIP work