A good proportion of the world’s registration changes now being recorded on HeliHub.com as we continue to widen our coverage. It thus seemed appropriate to include a full list of all the known registration prefixes from around the world. This can be found in the Data menu under the “Registration Prefixes” option, or direct here.
We have included notes against some prefixes where it is helpful to seeing the overall picture. For example, all helicopters in Norway are in the LN-O.. section of the register, while in South Korea they have allocated various numerical blocks to each of piston, single turbine and multi turbine helicopters.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010. The HeliHub.com team maintain and build the various sections of the site, and we believe our news and accident reports to be the most complete and up-to-date in the industry.
HeliHub.com adds worldwide registration prefix data
- Heli UK Expo promotes Helicopter Seminar Series
- Guimbal ships the 100th Cabri
- Bell sells first 429 with Mecaer interior
- Aviation Maintainer Receives NHA Award Sponsored By Breeze-Eastern
- SkyTrac Chooses AEM for Repairs
- Airbus Helicopters to show six models at Paris Air Show 2015
- EagleMed to Fly Bell 407 in WSU Shocker Colors
- WAI recieves $10K grant from UPS Foundation
- Bell 407GXP production line to be set up in Russia
- Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance marks 25 years
- Georgia unveils new unmanned attack helicopter
- Bond pilots sue Airbus over 2012 EC225 ditching
- Faroe Islands Carrier Atlantic Airways buys Two AW139s
- Amsterdam Hospital Helipad Permit Expired; Officials Forgot Renewal
- Sikorsky S-97 Raider flies for first time
- SECA changes its name to Vector Aerospace France
- Yorkshire Air Ambulance Receives Biggest Ever Donation
- Bell launch 505 to Russian market
- Russian Helicopters concludes Mi-171A2 flying laboratory flight tests
- Bristow UK holds topping out ceremony for new SAR hangar at Newquay