With the goal of giving First Nations girls a head start to succeed in school and beyond, CHC Helicopter has donated $10,000 to support the Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland Study Buddy program.
CHC Helicopter's contribution to the program will support five First Nations girls with a Study Buddy tutor for an entire year.
"As part of CHC'S ongoing efforts to make a difference in our local communities, we saw an opportunity to support a great organization such as Big Sisters," said Shauna Wilton, Director, HR, Global Operations for CHC Helicopter. "We are excited to help ensure that every child in Lower Mainland who needs a study buddy will have one."
The Study Buddy Program nurtures the self-esteem of girls by matching them with caring volunteers who offer them educational support and academic assistance. This program is for girls, ages 7 to 17, who demonstrate a need for academic support and are from either a single parent family or a dual parent family who cannot access one-to-one tutoring due to financial constraints.
Study Buddies meet for one hour once a week for a minimum of six months and work together to set appropriate educational goals for the Little Sister Study Buddy. With the support of a Study Buddy tutor, Little Sisters are encouraged and equipped to improve their educational performance and meet their academic goals, which contributes to their overall self-esteem. Tutoring sessions take place after school or on weekends.
CHC Helicopter is the world's largest helicopter services company, specializing in the transport of personnel to offshore oil platforms. The CHC Helicopter group of companies is also a world-leader in provision of civilian Search-and-Rescue operations with major contracts in the UK, Ireland and Australia and a world leader in helicopter maintenance through its Delta-based division, Heli-One.
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards