Max-Viz and One Sky Aviation have announced the award of FAA STC # SR02377AK for the installation of Max-Viz EVS-1500 dual optical zoom infrared Enhanced Vision System (EVS) on Agusta A-109 series helicopters TCDS H7EU.
“This STC has been the most globally customer driven certification program we have initiated, with 4 additional follow on orders, with multiple systems, prior to the STC even being completed” states Bob Yerex, VP Sales for Max-Viz Inc. “We have received more requests for the A-109 series helicopter for EVS than just about any other grouping of aircraft combined”. “We are already available as a TC directly through the factory on both the A-109 and AW-139, but the requests for our EVS-1500 sensor on the legacy and aftermarket platforms have led us to the development of this new STC with One Sky Aviation”.
Cary Foster, owner of One Sky Aviation states “this launch A-109 aircraft includes all of the recent enhancements to our STC design to include latching logic relay electro-optical switches which allow us to incorporate one or more remote switches on the flight controls to control the field of view available in this EVS-1500 sensor”. “This is one of the most aesthetic and aerodynamic fairing we have produced, it blends so well with the fuselage and the inclusion of cyclic field of view selection switches significantly enhance the human factors aspects”.
Max-Viz designs and markets the smallest, most reliable and affordable Enhanced Vision Systems for aircraft. The systems use real-time infrared sensors, signal processing, and a cockpit display to provide flight crews with actual images of terrain, runways, taxiways, aircraft and other potential obstacle than the naked eye during poor visibility conditions such as light fog, haze, smoke, brown / whiteout, light precipitation and darkness.
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- Royal Air Force VIP flight reduced to one AW109E
- Mexico orders six GrandNew for Presidential flight
- AgustaWestland to Exhibit at EHS
- Australia – Linfox receives sixth new AgustaWestland helicopter in 13 years
- Summit Air Ambulance rolling after successful first year
- 29-Mar-13 AgustaWestland A109LUH Kruger, South Africa (5F)
- UK – Hayward & Green launch A109 component support programme
- Helidecks releases cockpit guide/checklist iPad apps for AW109 and R44
- Helicopter crash – central London UK
- 16-Jan-13 G-CRST AgustaWestland AW109E Vauxhall, UK (2F)
- 15-Dec-12 07 AgustaWestland AW109E Okoroba, Nigeria (6F)
- 30-Sep-12 N144CF AgustaWestland AW109E Eastland, US-Texas
- RSG completes certification of AW109 secondary digital altimeter
- 17-Sep-12 N901EM AgustaWestland AW109E US-Maine
- 10-Aug-12 G-MEDX AgustaWestland AW109E Corby, UK
- FB Heliservices wins two year Albanian training contract
- 28-Jul-12 XA-UQH AgustaWestland AW109SP Cerro Alpino, Mexico (3F)
- 17-Jul-12 N716AM Agusta A109A Niihau, US-Hawaii