TEMPE, Ariz., December 8, 2010 – Composite tail rotor blade manufacturer Van Horn Aviation (VHA) recently added two Canadian companies as authorized dealers for its composite tail rotor blades. AOG Heli Services (www.aogheliservices.com) based at Norman Rogers Airport in Kingston, Ontario, and Avialta Helicopter Maintenance Ltd. (www.avialta.com) based at Villeneuve Airport in Edmonton, Alberta, have been added to the network of dealers authorized to sell VHA tail rotor blades for 206B/L, OH-58 and UH-1 helicopters.
“We had ordered a set of VHA blades for use on our 206 lease fleet before we became dealers because we had heard about the lower direct operating costs, lower noise, and better performance at high altitudes,” said Jared Doell, Avialta Director of Maintenance. “So far everything is as advertised.”
Avialta and AOG share exclusivity for the Canadian market, but are non-exclusive in terms of geographic area within Canada. All inquiries received from Canadian operators will be referred to both dealers.
The VHA 206B/L tail rotor blade features corrosion and damage-resistant carbon fiber skin, titanium root fitting, electroformed nickel abrasion strip, and stainless steel pitch bearings. Its NASA-designed laminar flow airfoil and shaped tip reduce overall aircraft noise by up to 40 percent according to FAA-mandated acoustics testing, while increasing tail rotor authority and power available, especially at high altitudes. The VHA 206B/Lblades also feature a 5,000-hour service life, which is double the life of the OEM blade.
About Van Horn Aviation
Based in Tempe, Ariz., Van Horn Aviation specializes in the design, certification and manufacturing of aftermarket dynamic components for various rotorcraft. Its current products include a composite tail rotor blade certified for the Bell 206B3, 206L series and OH-58, and a carbon fiber tail rotor blade for various models of the UH-1. For more information, contact VHA distributor TRACE Worldwide at 310-791-5500 or visit www.vanhornaviation.com.
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- 14-May-13 B-7479 Bell 206B Dezhou City, China
- 10-May-13 N94PH Bell 206B Heflin, US-Kentucky
- 07-May-13 N20Z Bell 206L La Junta, US-Colorado
- Air Evac celebrates year of service in Licking County
- 27-Apr-13 N150SP Bell 206B Shepherd, US-Montana (1F)
- 23-Apr-13 N2072M Bell 206L1 Grand Canyon, US-Arizona
- 20-Apr-13 N4237M Bell 206B Wells, US-Nevada
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- 23-Mar-13 ZS-HSR Bell 206B Petermaritzburg, South Africa
- 23-Mar-13 Bell TH-57A Salinas, Ecuador
- Gainesville PD helicopter relaunches after 15 months
- Tennessee Highway Patrol Announces Permanent Aviation Support for West Tennessee
- Bristow Academy Announces Agreement with Aero Dynamix
- Bilingual pilots launch Ravco training program
- Astronics Max-Viz-1500 approved for Bell 206/407 in China
- FAA had twice suspended licence of pilot in fatal crash
- Cadorath announces 178 new Bell extended repairs
- 18-Feb-13 N20620 Bell 206 Ely, US-Nevada (1F)
- 15-Feb-13 UP-BL007 Bell 206L3 Bakanas, Kazakhstan