Media are invited to attend a ground breaking ceremony with the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence, Laurie Hawn, and Member of Parliament Cheryl Gallant for the new CH-147 Chinook Helicopter hangar.
Where: Canadian Forces Base Petawawa, Ontario
When: Monday December 13, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.
What: Media planning to attend are required to meet at the Frederick Gate on Menin Road no later then 8:30 a.m. to be escorted in Canadian Forces vehicles to the ceremony. Appropriate outdoor clothing is advised.
Guests present to participate in the ground breaking will include The Honourable Laurie Hawn, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence, Cheryl Gallant, Member of Parliament for Renfrew Nipissing Pembroke, Brigadier-General Dwight Davies, Senior Delegate Air Force Strategic Engagement and Colonel Tom Endicott, Commander 2 Area Support Group.
- Goodrich awarded $48M contract for CH-47 fuel controls
- Eaton awarded $25M more for CH-47 hydraulic parts
- RAF confirms Chinook Display Team for 2013
- RAF Cosford Air Show Confirm Eye-Opening Helicopter Displays
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- RAF Chinook Pilot Honoured for Courage
- Boeing awarded $18M contract for Advanced Chinook Rotor Blade
- Eaton Aerospace awarded $9M contract for CH-47 axial pistons
- L-3 awarded $18.6M contract for Chinook flight display units
- Boeing awarded $40M of Chinook field service support
- Beaver receives Boeing Performance Excellence Award
- Helicopter loading system lightens burden on soldiers
- Dynamatic Technologies to make CH-47 aft pylon and cargo ramp
- 08-Feb-13 Boeing CH-47 Rowsley, UK
- Columbia announces Memorial Fund for families of Peruvian crash
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham
- Columbia Helicopters confirms Peru accident
- Columbia Helicopters Chinook down in Peru with 7 fatalities
- 07-Jan-12 N241CH Boeing 234LR Pucallpa, Peru (7K)
- US Combat Rescue program questions as Boeing, Bell and AgustaWestland all pull out