Today, American Eurocopter delivered another AS350 B3 helicopter to the Miami-Dade Police Department’s (MDPD) Aviation Unit. This is the third of four AS350 B3’s that have been ordered by the agency. The first AS350 B3 was delivered in 2008, and the MDPD will receive their fourth AS350 B3 later this year.
The AS350 B3 is a powerful and reliable aircraft that has become the platform of choice for Law Enforcement agencies across the United States and the world. It provides unparalleled visibility and unmatched performance combined with the flexibility for extensive mission equipment options and the added safety of its multiple-redundancy system design.
“The AS350 series gives Law Enforcement agencies the ability to equip their helicopters with an ever-expanding suite of mission equipment without pushing the limits of performance,” says Ed Van Winkle, American Eurocopter’s Law Enforcement Market Manager. The MDPD AS350 B3’s are equipped with a thermal imager, searchlight, moving map system, video downlink and tactical platforms for tactical team transport and deployment. American Eurocopter also delivered each helicopter with a night vision goggle (NVG) compatible cockpit, in addition to providing NVG training for all MDPD pilots.
The mission platform of the MDPD Aviation Unit has evolved in recent years to support additional initiatives in the Miami-Dade county and surrounding region. These include Homeland Security initiatives as well as port security and coverage for key county infrastructures. This aircraft will support those efforts and join the department’s Special Patrol Bureau’s Aviation Unit that includes a fleet of rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
The AS350 B3 is a single-engine helicopter known for its high performance. It is equipped with a powerful 847 shp Turbomeca Arriel 2B1 engine. The AS350 family has established itself as the preferred platform for U.S. law enforcement agencies across the nation, including major federal operators such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopter’s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS, that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Army’s Light Utility Helicopter program.
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada
- 30-Mar-13 N911AA Eurocopter AS350B3 Talkeetna, US-Alaska (3F)