LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
LaBarge receives $1.3M contract for S-70i cockpit wiring harnesses
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- UH-60 helps US and Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Slovakia requests nine UH-60M Black Hawks
- Raytheon awarded $10M turret order for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Northrop Grumman to Feature Global Defence Capabilities at IDEX 2015
- 16-Feb-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Hafar al-Batin, Saudi Arabia (4F)
- Northrop Grumman Receives Contract for MH-60S Laser Mine Detection Systems
- Raytheon awarded $45M job orders for MH-60 multi-spectral targeting system
- Northrop Grumman awarded $35M for Northrop Grumman airborne laser mine detection work
- BSC Partners awarded $13.6M modification to MH-60 training device contract
- 21-Dec-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Camp Buehring, Kuwait
- Sikorsky awarded $56M for five UH-60M for Mexican Navy
- HH-60W – USAF designation for new combat rescue Black Hawk
- See Ryan Aerospace (Australia) at I/ITSEC USA 2014
- Sikorsky given $46M to rework two VH-3D and one VH-60N
- Sikorsky awarded $316M to upgrade H-60 weapon system
- Sikorsky awarded $535M for eight MH-60S and 29 MH-60Rs
- Lockheed Martin wins $8M delivery order for MH-60R/S cockpit work
- Lockheed Martin awarded $24M delivery order for MH-60R avionic improvements
- Arizona National Guard Black Hawk crew suspended over Halloween candy drop