LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
LaBarge receives $1.3M contract for S-70i cockpit wiring harnesses
- US proposes $1.9 Billion sale of ten MH-60Rs and support package to Saudi Arabia
- Dillon Aero wins $14M contract for weapon systems on US Army helicopters
- GE wins deal worth up to $2 billion for engines for Taiwan, others
- Leesburg company to buy, refurbish used Blackhawks from Army
- Jordan requests a UH-60M VIP Blackhawk
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract
- Forestry Commission and National Guard partner for firefighting training in South Carolina
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Sikorsky awarded $93M contract for eight UH-60M for Tunisia
- Mexico requests three UH-60M in total package worth $110M
- Pall delivers 200th PUREair Dry Barrier Filter Element for US Army Black Hawks
- Sikorsky awarded $241M option for 22 UH-60M
- 09-Mar-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Pensacola, US-Florida (11F)
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- UH-60 helps US and Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Slovakia requests nine UH-60M Black Hawks
- Raytheon awarded $10M turret order for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Northrop Grumman to Feature Global Defence Capabilities at IDEX 2015
- 16-Feb-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Hafar al-Batin, Saudi Arabia (4F)