LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- US Army places $88M order for eight UH-60M
- First Sea Hawks delivered to Denmark this week
- Sikorsky conducts Combat Rescue Helicopter preliminary design review
- Sikorsky awarded $55M more for seven FMS UH-60M helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $11M for one more UH-60M
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.4M for MH-60 training
- Wyoming Army aviation is growing
- Canadian Commercial Corp awarded $9M contract for HH-60G repairs
- Polish factory completes 300th Black Hawk cabin
- Rotorcraft Modernization Efforts Back on Track, Officials Tell US Congress
- Sikorsky awarded $42M advance funding for 21 Army UH-60M and 15 HH-60M aircraft
- CAS awarded $11M for UH-60 FMS support work
- L-3 Communications awarded $28M orders for MH-60R and Fire Scout datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $387M order for 35 UH-60M
- BHI2 and United Rotorcraft extend UH-60 collaboration
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept Receives Sikorsky Rescue Award
- BHI² (BHI Squared) Helicopters Delivers 4th Type-Certificated UH-60A Commercial Hawk
- Sikorsky explores Saudi production line with Taqnia Aeronautics
- UTC Aerospace Systems wins $15.8M to develop HUMS for MH-60, UH-1Y and AH-1Z
- UH-60V Critical Design Review has been completed