LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- 21-Jul-15 81-23609 Sikorsky UH-60 McPherson, US-Kansas
- 14-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 El Bejuco, Colombia (4F)
- Sikorsky awarded $11M modification for Jordanian UH-60M order
- CAE to develop an MH-60R composite maintenance trainer for Australia
- 05-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Sikorsky awarded $21M Modification on contract for one UH-60M
- Raytheon awarded $10M delivery order for H-60 FLIR repairs
- Denmark approves Seahawk offset industrial projects
- L-3 Communications awarded $10M option for eight MH-60R datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $7.7M order for MH-60R moving map integration
- US proposes $1.9 Billion sale of ten MH-60Rs and support package to Saudi Arabia
- Dillon Aero wins $14M contract for weapon systems on US Army helicopters
- GE wins deal worth up to $2 billion for engines for Taiwan, others
- Leesburg company to buy, refurbish used Blackhawks from Army
- Jordan requests a UH-60M VIP Blackhawk
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract
- Forestry Commission and National Guard partner for firefighting training in South Carolina
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Sikorsky awarded $93M contract for eight UH-60M for Tunisia