LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- Lockheed Martin awarded $6.8M delivery order for MH-60R Digital Rocket Launcher updates
- Woodward awarded $47M contract for T700 common fuel control work
- Mexico orders $93M package including eight UH-60Ms
- Thales awarded $7.7M repair order for H-60 sonar
- L-3 Vertex awarded $13M contract at NAS Fallon, including MH-60S
- Sikorsky awarded $14.5M for UH-60 transmisison overhauls
- Sikorsky wins $203M order for 18 UH-60Ms for Mexico
- Lawsuit blames Sikorsky for January Black Hawk crash
- CAE Brunei launches new training facility
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.8M delivery order for MH-60 Terrain Awareness Warning System
- Sikorsky awarded $33M contract for UH-60M ground equipment
- Sikorsky awarded $30M more for Saudi UH-60M contract
- 02-Sep-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Fallon, US-Nevada
- IE Pacific awarded $7.8M contract for H-60 facility at Naval Base Coronado
- AAR wins US Army Contract to Overhaul Black Hawk APUs
- First Hellfire missile test for Royal Australian Navy MH-60R
- Tunisia requests 12 UH-60M Black Hawks
- US Army selects Pall inlet barrier filters for Black Hawk
- Sikorsky awarded $14M delivery order on Australian MH-60R program
- Lockheed Martin awarded $11M MH-60R/S retrofit program contract