LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70i™ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge's Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company's Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- Mexico requests 18 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Optionally-Piloted Black Hawk makes successful first flight
- Lockheed Martin awarded $7.2M order for H-60R/S cockpit repairs
- Raytheon awarded $17M for MH-60R/S Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- 09-Apr-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Wisemans Ferry, Australia
- L-3 Communications awarded $24M more for Corpus Christi Army Depot work
- US Navy weapons program delivers new capability for H-60 helicopters
- Kaman delivers its 1,000th H-60 helicopter cockpit to Sikorsky
- Sikorsky confirms it overcharged US Army for Black Hawk parts
- TFAB Ground Systems awarded $76M for Chinook and Blackhawk engine diagnostics
- 25-Mar-14 Sikorsky UH-60 Hebron, Israel
- Ducommun Expands Supplier Gold Status from Sikorsky
- Base for Australian MH-60R fleet progresses at full speed
- Concurrent Technologies win $15M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Counter Measures work
- Raytheon win $12M contract for MH-60 Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems
- CAE to provide UH-60L/M Black Hawk simulator for Mexican Federal Police
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky and Turkey sign Black Hawk licensing and manufacturing agreements
- US Air Force mulls whether it can afford HH-60G Pave Hawk replacement
- Third and Fourth Australian MH-60Rs Complete Production