LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- Australia accepts last of 24 MH-60Rs
- HSM-74 Conduct First Swing Loaded Operational Flight on MH-60R
- Sikorsky shows Polish built armed Black Hawk at Farnborough
- Sikorsky flies Infirno sensor system on Black Hawk
- LockMart explores Adaptable Weapons Kit for S70i Black Hawks
- PGZ partners with Sikorsky on Polish S70i bid
- Israel to buy eight surplus Seahawk plus equipment in $300M contract
- Lockheed Martin awarded $40M contract for MH-60R software product improvement
- Australian Army commemorates Black Hawk accident 20 years on
- Sikorsky factory in Poland completes prototype Turkish Utility Helicopter
- Denmark celebrates arrival of first three MH-60R Seahawks
- Skycore launches website for civil market Black Hawk customers
- Turkey signs $3.5 Billion deal for 109 Black Hawks
- CAE picks Esterline displays for US Navy MH-60 simulators
- Sikorsky win $11M contract for one UH-60M
- Kirtland AFB to receive new CSAR fleet
- Moog wins $7.1M contract for H-60 repairs
- SIkorsky awarded another $85M for work on Mexican UH-60Ms
- US Army places $88M order for eight UH-60M
- First Sea Hawks delivered to Denmark this week