LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- United Technologies awarded $28M contract for procurement of 420 auxiliary power units of UH-60 Black Hawks
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Raytheon awarded $11M contract for MH-60 Airborne Mine Neutralization Systems
- Martin-Baker awarded $27M contract for 1,016 UH-60 Blackhawk operator seats
- Sikorsky awarded $38M contract for the renovation of 381 UH-60 tail rotor blades
- 01-May-17 Sikorsky UH-60 Scottsville, US-New York
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- Ohio National Guard Blackhawk Upgrade
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership
- Three Black Hawks for Hawaii Army National Guard
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt
- Skycore and Unocal bring UH-60A Black Hawks to market
- Rockwell Collins selected by U.S. Army for UH-60Ms
- History made as MH-60S uses MQ-8B as laser designator platform
- Sikorsky Contracted for Modified UH-60M Black Hawks
- U.S. Army Selects Pall PUREair Dry Barrier Filter
- First search and rescue for MH-60R