LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge’s Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company’s Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt
- Skycore and Unocal bring UH-60A Black Hawks to market
- Rockwell Collins selected by U.S. Army for UH-60Ms
- History made as MH-60S uses MQ-8B as laser designator platform
- Sikorsky Contracted for Modified UH-60M Black Hawks
- U.S. Army Selects Pall PUREair Dry Barrier Filter
- First search and rescue for MH-60R
- Taiwan Declines US MH-60R Offer
- CAE to upgrade two US Navy simulators
- Final MH-60R delivery to Royal Australian Navy
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk
- Kearfott Corp awarded $7.7M contract for UH-60 servo overhaul and repair
- Honeywell and Pratt & Whitney win design review contract for Black Hawk and Apache engines
- Oregon Army National Guard medevac helicopter unit restructures and renames
- Sikorsky to support Mexican Black Hawks from Colombia
- CPI Aero to Participate at Upcoming Investor Conferences