LaBarge, Inc., a provider of electronics manufacturing services (EMS), has been awarded a contract valued at $1.3 million from Kaman Aerospace Corporation to provide cockpit wiring harnesses for the S-70i™ BLACK HAWK military helicopter, the international variant of the BLACK HAWK helicopter. Kaman is a subcontractor to Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), on the BLACK HAWK helicopter program.
The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter is the first BLACK HAWK aircraft designed specifically for international customers, and is the first BLACK HAWK helicopter to be assembled in Europe. The S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopter incorporates the latest technology with advanced features such as a fully integrated digital cockpit with a dual digital automatic flight control system and coupled flight director. It is expected to complete production flight testing by the end of the year.
Production on the new contract has begun at LaBarge's Joplin, Mo., facility and is expected to continue through February 2012. LaBarge is a Sikorsky/United Technologies Corp. gold supplier and has supported the BLACK HAWK program since 2005.
LaBarge, Inc. is a broad-based provider of electronics to technology-driven companies in diverse markets. The Company provides its customers with sophisticated electronic and electromechanical products through contract design and manufacturing services. Headquartered in St. Louis, LaBarge has operations in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas and Wisconsin. The Company's Web site may be accessed at http://www.labarge.com.
- IE Pacific awarded $7.8M contract for H-60 facility at Naval Base Coronado
- AAR wins US Army Contract to Overhaul Black Hawk APUs
- First Hellfire missile test for Royal Australian Navy MH-60R
- Tunisia requests 12 UH-60M Black Hawks
- US Army selects Pall inlet barrier filters for Black Hawk
- Sikorsky awarded $14M delivery order on Australian MH-60R program
- Lockheed Martin awarded $11M MH-60R/S retrofit program contract
- Australia – $35M MH-60R facility approved for construction near Nowra
- MQ-8B Fire Scout successfully tested aboard ship with MH-60R
- US Army Europe aviators arrive in Poland with UH-60Ls
- Black Hawk to come home to National Navy Seal Museum in Ft Pierce
- Carnegie Mellon and Sikorsky cooperate on Unmanned Ground Vehicle for autonomous Black Hawk
- US Navy’s FRCSE refurbishing helicopters for Spanish Navy
- Australian Army Black Hawk upgrade to hit 70 jobs
- Sikorsky awarded $24M more for UH-60 support
- L-3 awarded $48M contract for three UH-60L sims for Saudi Arabia
- CBP Receives Latest Black Hawk UH-60 “L” Model
- Sikorsky awarded $143M contract for 13 UH-60M Black Hawks
- Lockheed Martin awarded $38M contract for Danish MH-60R Advanced Data Transfer System
- Sikorsky to Develop Autonomous Black Hawk For Cargo Missions