Preparations for Airmed 2011, which takes place in the UK this year for the first time in its twenty year history, are well in-hand and delegate registration is gathering pace quickly.
The international aero-medical congress will be held in Brighton in the UK from May 24-27 2011 and is being hosted by the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, the first such UK charity to organise this major international conference. The charity is working in partnership with the European HEMS and Air Ambulance Committee (EHAC).
Sponsor interest is very high and the Congress is being supported by leading names in the medical and aviation world including Agusta Westland; Bell Helicopters; Eurocopter; Specialist Aviation Services; Aerolite and Bucher Leichtbau. Global organisations and suppliers will also be exhibiting at the Brighton Centre, the venue for the first three days of Airmed.
Adrian Bell, Chief Executive of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance said â€˜We are working very closely with our colleagues in EHAC to produce a first class conference in a premier location which we think will contribute significantly to the development of HEMS worldwide. As we address the final stages of preparation for Airmed we have been very encouraged by the amount of support we are getting from all sectors of the aero-medical industry from all over the world.â€™
A host of distinguished speakers representing all areas of interest have been recruited to present an interesting and informative scientific programme covering a wide range of clinical, operational and managerial issues. Topics will include subjects such as advances in surgical trauma care; medical up-dates on head and brain injury; pre-hospital airway management; 24-7 HEMS services; night vision operations; new aircraft control technologies. The Congress will conclude with a specialist aviation day and display at the nearby Shoreham Airport.
Jill Playle, organiser for Airmed 2011 said â€˜There has been a huge amount of interest in Airmed; particularly over the last few months and we are receiving new delegate registrations daily from every corner of the world. We have introduced a day delegate rate this year and this has seen an increase in the number of participants particularly from the UK.â€™
- Inaugural Rotorcraft Asia established as key regional industry event
- Era Group Announces Q1 2017 Earnings Release Call
- HeliRussia 2017, visitors’ registration for business program is open
- Onboard Systems Cargo Hook Kits Receive EASA Certification
- Delta partners with Blade for Manhattan-JFK transfers
- Routine Review of SKYTRAC
- Frasca International Sells Airbus H125 Helicopter Flight Simulator
- Safran signs first customer support contract in South Korea
- Airbus Helicopters Congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for Ten Years of EMS Operations
- Mi-35M Induction to Nigerian Air Force
- AHS supports Uber vision of electric VTOL
- CHC Wins Contract with Providence Resources PLC
- Great North Air Ambulance Service doctor wins award for blood work
- Russian Helicopters has made its first Mi-171E
- Air BP appointments new Global General Aviation Sales and Marketing Manager
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales