Preparations for Airmed 2011, which takes place in the UK this year for the first time in its twenty year history, are well in-hand and delegate registration is gathering pace quickly.
The international aero-medical congress will be held in Brighton in the UK from May 24-27 2011 and is being hosted by the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, the first such UK charity to organise this major international conference. The charity is working in partnership with the European HEMS and Air Ambulance Committee (EHAC).
Sponsor interest is very high and the Congress is being supported by leading names in the medical and aviation world including Agusta Westland; Bell Helicopters; Eurocopter; Specialist Aviation Services; Aerolite and Bucher Leichtbau. Global organisations and suppliers will also be exhibiting at the Brighton Centre, the venue for the first three days of Airmed.
Adrian Bell, Chief Executive of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance said â€˜We are working very closely with our colleagues in EHAC to produce a first class conference in a premier location which we think will contribute significantly to the development of HEMS worldwide. As we address the final stages of preparation for Airmed we have been very encouraged by the amount of support we are getting from all sectors of the aero-medical industry from all over the world.â€™
A host of distinguished speakers representing all areas of interest have been recruited to present an interesting and informative scientific programme covering a wide range of clinical, operational and managerial issues. Topics will include subjects such as advances in surgical trauma care; medical up-dates on head and brain injury; pre-hospital airway management; 24-7 HEMS services; night vision operations; new aircraft control technologies. The Congress will conclude with a specialist aviation day and display at the nearby Shoreham Airport.
Jill Playle, organiser for Airmed 2011 said â€˜There has been a huge amount of interest in Airmed; particularly over the last few months and we are receiving new delegate registrations daily from every corner of the world. We have introduced a day delegate rate this year and this has seen an increase in the number of participants particularly from the UK.â€™
- Garmin® introduces the G3000H integrated flight deck
- HeliRussia 2018 Update
- Collier County FL to buy new helicopter
- Norwegian operator Heli-Team celebrates 30 years
- New EMS Helipad being built at Columbus TX
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance starts work on new base
- BRS Aerospace Addressing Urban eVTOL Parachute Recovery Systems
- IMT Vislink and K2 Unmanned Systems launch law enforcement drone
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- LA Tour Company Announces New Tour Packages For Summer
- Sikorsky and Canada’s DND Receive AHS International Award
- AACUS Makes First Operational Cargo Delivery to US Marines
- Life Link III Opens New 24/7 Air Medical Helicopter Base in Wisconsin
- CareFlight appoints new CEO
- Spirit Delivers 5th CH-53K System Demonstration Test Article
- HeliOffshore appoints Executive Assistant
- Merlin Technology awarded patent for helicopter emergency collective actuator
- L-3 Communications awarded $42M contract for TH-57 fleet logistics services
- 920th Rescue Wing receives Power and Vigilance Award
- Metro delivers H125 to Jujuy Province