Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Spain – Airbus delivers Police EC135 to Police and AS355NP to Road Traffic Authority
- Airbus Helicopters extends German Army EC135 support by seven years
- Brazil – Receita Federal adds EC135T2+ in Parana state
- First enhanced EC135 T3/P3 enters service with Aiut Alpin Dolomites
- New Yale-New Haven Hospital helicopter equipped for critical care
- Staten Island University Hospital Gets New Emergency Helicopter
- FlightSafety and Air Methods announce a new Learning Center in Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers EC130to Blackcomb Aviation
- UK – Midlands Air Ambulance Launches New Volunteering Drive
- Dyfed-Powys Police helicopter to stay in the sky
- Boeing to Train Australian Army and Navy Helicopter Pilots for Next 25 Years
- Bond chooses Britannia 2000 CAMC for NPAS EC135s
- Western Power Distribution Selects EC135P2e
- Aiut Alpin Dolomites receives first EC135 T3/P3
- Metro delivers its 200th EC135 completion
- Head-on collision is 20,000th mission for Wales Air Ambulance
- New training system for ADF helicopter crews
- Airbus Helicopters’ EC135 T3/P3 Receives EASA Certification
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrades to EC135
- Airbus to move helicopter production from Germany to France?