Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two. In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP - a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH. The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues. However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage. The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications. All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Glasgow EC135 death toll rises to nine
- St Marys of Michigan FlightCare upgrades from BK117 to EC135P2e
- 29-Nov-13 G-SPAO Eurocopter EC135 Glasgow, UK (9F)
- Blackcomb Aviation sign for two Eurocopter EC135s
- 09-Nov-13 N911KB Eurocopter EC135P1 Shreveport, US-Louisiana
- Eurocopter Canada demonstrates the EC135 at the HAC
- INAER France wins EMS contract with five EC135s
- Wales Air Ambulance installs BabyPod portable incubators in its EC135s
- Midlands Air Ambulance orders night-capable EC135T2e
- Benefis Mercy Flight upgrades from AS350 to EC135
- Healthnet Purchases Two New Helicopters
- Simulators arrive at Metro Aviation
- Croatian Police receive first Eurocopter EC135
- Four new EMS EC135s on the way to California, Nebraska and Florida
- Bond Air Services begins new air ambulance service in Merseyside
- Metro Aviation adds Vidant Medical Transport in November
- American Eurocopter to show industry leading models at AMTC
- American Eurocopter showcases EC135 at IACP 2013
- UK – Durham Tees Valley Airport invests in new police hangar
- New lit helipad opens at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital