Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Airbus reveals H135 Bluecopter technology demonstrator
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Wales Air Ambulance launches £500K hangar fundraising push
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance opens upgraded base and training facility
- Why Ontario Provincial Police is Centralizing Helicopter Maintenance
- Ontario Provincial Police to consolidate maintenance and extend flying hours
- Nova Systems buys Airbus H135 to enhance its Flight Test capability
- Uber brings helicopter rental service to Shanghai and Hangzhou
- Metro Aviation delivers H135 to Northwest MedStar
- First test landing at new Southern General Hospital helipad in Glasgow
- Aerial Power Lines orders two H135s from Airbus Helicopters
- Norsk luftambulanse orders three Airbus Helicopters H135s
- Metro Aviation delivers Sweet Sixteen refurbishment to First Flight
- Aerometals completes purchase of FDC/aerofilters, Announces Name Change
- Aviation Specialties Unlimited / HeliAir Obtain EC135 EASA STC
- Flightsafety And Air Methods To Significantly Enhance Training For Single-Engine Helicopters with Level D Qualified Simulators
- EASA approves VIH Aerospace EC135 bubble window
- PARIS TN: Hospital picks Vanderbilt for air ambulance
- 26-Feb-15 N834CS Airbus EC13P2e Vacaville, US-California
- Airbus Helicopters drops PW210E engine option for X4