Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Babcock renews Great Western Air Ambulance contract for 5 years
- Babcock to upgrade five EC135s for WPD
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- ALT wins German military contract with five EC135s
- NHSL adds EC135 and AW139 in Trinidad and Tobago
- Police Scotland to support EC135 with two drones
- Great Western Air Ambulance upgrade to EC135T2+
- Thales delivers first full-flight simulator to CAAC
- Australia impressed by EC135 as a training platform
- 04-Jun-17 OE-BXY Airbus EC135 Hochsteiermark, Austria (2F)
- 25-May-17 N62UP Airbus EC135 New Castle, US-Delaware (1F)
- 27-May-17 N914ET Airbus EC135 Tyler, US-Texas
- New Helicopter for Baylor Scott and White
- Minister for Health approves EC135 for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- First Australian EC135 goes live on military training contract
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland