Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Ecocopter Takes Delivery of Frasca EC135 Simulator
- WAA carries out first baby transfer in new incubator
- Airbus celebrates 20 year of the H135
- Airborne Technologies to upgrade Slovenian Police EC135
- Australian military marks first EC135 Flight
- Airbus taking H130 and H135 to AMTC Conference
- Air Ambulance Northern Ireland to launch with two EC135s
- Airbus takes first Latin American H135 upgrade on demo tour
- Argentina certifies simulators at Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Tohoku Air Service becomes first H135 operator in Japan
- Wales Air Ambulance invests in two high-tech incubators
- First British H135 military training helicopter takes to the skies
- Coptersafety orders five new Full Flight Simulators
- Pratt and Whitney Canada congratulates Airbus on 20 years of EC135
- FlightSafety to offer NVG training on simulators
- UK military picks Safran Turbomeca engines for EC135 training fleet
- EASA STC for Thommen searchlight on Airbus H135 imminent
- Metro Aviation completes first two H135s in USA
- CAE confirms sale and details of seven FTDs for UK
- Wales Air Ambulance to add fourth EC135