Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Babcock wins wind farm support work from Siemens
- UK wind farm operator centralises helicopter and vessel monitoring
- Hawaii Life Flight EC135 forced to move away from hospital helipad
- REACH opens new base on the Viejas Reservation
- FAA approves Heli-One repair station in Poland
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Scotland Charity Air Ambulance reports on 1,000th mission
- Spain – Galicia air ambulance flying hours cut
- Thames Valley and Hampshire IOW Air Ambulances start night flights
- Austrian EMS operator receives first H135
- RUAG upgrades EC135 for Geneva University Hospital
- DRF completes sale and leaseback of two EC135s with Waypoint
- ADAC marks 130,000 hours with IBF-fitted PW206 engines
- Wales Air Ambulance pays tribute to former chairman as it moves into new HQ
- Turbomeca Arrius will power new DRF H135 fleet
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team orders an H135
- 25-Feb-16 D-HVBB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Bimöhlen, Germany (2F)
- First H135 upgrade completed by customer
- ETMC Air 1 marks 30 years of flying
- UK Police evolves as two more bases close as planned