Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two. In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP - a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH. The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues. However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage. The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications. All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years
- Cornwall Air Ambulance switches operator away from Bond
- Air Methods to Utilize FlightSafety’s Eurocopter EC135 Simulator
- Carilion to start construction of helicopter hangar in Lexington
- Germany – New office building for “Christoph 41″