Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- SEA supplies Helicopter Simulator technology to Air Ambulance Sector
- DHART Welcomes New Helicopter
- Second Irish Base for Air Ambulance Northern Ireland
- STAT Medevac Selects SKYTRAC for HAA-Compliant Flight Data Monitoring
- Maxcraft Receives STC for Garmin in Airbus Helicopters EC-135
- Milestone places €200 million firm order with Airbus Helicopters for H135, H145 and H175
- Airbus and Precise Flight Announce Expanded STC Approvals for the Pulselite(R) Bird Strike Prevention System
- Airbus releases 2016 production numbers
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- FAA Proposes Civil Penalty Against Air Methods
- Ecocopter Takes Delivery of Frasca EC135 Simulator
- WAA carries out first baby transfer in new incubator
- Airbus celebrates 20 year of the H135
- Airborne Technologies to upgrade Slovenian Police EC135
- Australian military marks first EC135 Flight
- Airbus taking H130 and H135 to AMTC Conference
- Air Ambulance Northern Ireland to launch with two EC135s
- Airbus takes first Latin American H135 upgrade on demo tour
- Argentina certifies simulators at Helicopter Flight Training Center
- Tohoku Air Service becomes first H135 operator in Japan