Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two.Â In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP – a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH.Â The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues.Â However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage.Â The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications.Â All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- MidAtlantic MedEvac adds third EC135
- REACH to open new California base at Alpine
- UK – HIOWAA reaches 6000 missions
- Army Air Corps Lynx/Dauphin pilot joins Devon Air Ambulance
- Great Western Air Ambulance – where a pint is beer, not blood
- HTM takes delivery of first H135 in wind farm support
- Australia accepts first EC135 for HATS training program
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot retires after 23 years and over 7,000 missions
- FAA certifies Latituide IONode FDM system for EC135
- Nova Systems joins with Starspeed on EC135 ops
- Lower Saxony Police to receive two EC135P2e, replacing 365C Dauphins
- Erlanger Life Force to add another H135
- Indonesia – Lion Group to receive Airbus EC135P2e
- New Wales Air Ambulance HQ under construction in Llanelli
- Devon Air Ambulance Trust wins business award
- Airbus reveals H135 Bluecopter technology demonstrator
- Life saving Thames Valley Air Ambulance win Pride of Bucks award
- Wales Air Ambulance launches £500K hangar fundraising push
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance opens upgraded base and training facility
- Why Ontario Provincial Police is Centralizing Helicopter Maintenance