Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two. In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP - a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH. The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues. However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage. The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications. All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Northwest MedStar takes to the air from Missoula base
- HIOWAA now carries blood on all flights
- Metro delivers last two of five EC135 aircraft to Mercy Life Line
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance flies 5,000th mission
- Beijing 999 Emergency Rescue Center orders an EC135
- INAER wins six helicopter French EMS contract
- EC135 Level D Full Motion Simulator arrives at Helicopter Flight Training Center
- ADAC take delivery of three new EC135P2+
- Nebraska – Midwest Medical Transport adds EC135 at Hastings
- Devon Air Ambulance awarded their own Air Operators Certificate
- Argentine Federal Police take delivery of new EC135 and EC145
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as Launch Customer
- Helicopter Flight Training Center Welcomes CALSTAR as Co-Launch Customer for EC135 Simulator
- Wales Air Ambulance flies 19,000th mission
- Sweden – Northern Helicopters introduce EC135 type ratings
- Airbus Helicopters Japan delivers two EC135P2+ to Police units
- Helicopter Flight Training Center welcomes AMGH as launch customer
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance to receive new EC135 in June
- Avpro ratifies sales at Heli Expo
- Metro Aviation becomes first to STC new Garmin GTN System for EC135 SP-IFR