Ontario Provincial Police are on the point of adding a Eurocopter EC135P2+ to their fleet, perhaps two. In recent days, two new EC135s have been added to the Canadian register, including one as C-FOPP - a registration previously used by an AS355F2 of the Ontario Provincial Police which has in turn been transferred to C-GJYH. The very act of the registration swap leads us to expect it is for the same customer.
The second new aircraft has been registered C-GKHZ, which gives no immediate clues. However, given the fact that the import of these two EC135s actually doubles the national fleet shows the rarity of the type, and increases the likelihood that both are for OPP, particularly bearing in mind their pair of AS355F2 helicopters are now 19 years old.
The two new aircraft are currently registered to Eurocopter Canada, in common with all new Eurocopter products in Canada, and are likely to remain so during the equipment fit-out and flight test stage. The two existing Canadian EC135s include one with operator VIH and a second in corporate use with Shaw Communications. All four are Pratt & Witney engined 135P2+ models.
The Province of Ontario also operates seven EC130s and three AS350B2s in the Aviation and Forest Fire Management Branch of the Department of Natural Resources
- Metro Aviation delivers EC135 to HealthNet Aeromedical Services, Inc.
- Phoenix Heli-Flight unveils new EC135T2e
- UW Med Flight Expands 24/7 Service With Two Helicopters
- Airbus Helicopters EC135 T3/P3 takes on the Alps
- Airbus Helicopters only take scale models to Farnborough 2014
- Fourth EC135 delivered to Massachusetts State Police
- Three Chinese operators order 123 Airbus helicopters over 5 years
- Transport Canada approves PW206B3 engine for EC135P3
- UK National Police Air Service update
- Aerial Power Lines add AS350B3e and EC135T2e for Malaysian power grid ops
- Sweden – Interim EMS helicopter arrives for Värmland County
- Northwest MedStar receives third EC135
- Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance flies 10,000th mission
- 13-Jun-14 N555YE Eurocopter EC135P2+ Lanai, US-Hawaii
- Cornwall Air Ambulance – Third Time Lucky at Business Awards
- Great Western Air Ambulance to upgrade to EC135 in October
- Bond win UK Police upgrade contract
- EMS helipad planned at Fort William in Scotland
- Bayflite to renew helipad lease at North Port
- Glasgow EC135 – Lawyers describe Bond compensation offer “wholly inadequate”