BBC News is today reporting that the Irish division of Bank of Scotland had repossessed an A109A Mk.II belonging to Jermon Ltd – registered G-JMON.Â The company, run by Dungannon resident Peter Dolan, was placed into administration on 27 January.Â Jermon was formed in 1997, and purchased the 109 in 2006.
Both the UK province of Northern Ireland, and the adjacent country of Ireland, experienced a massive property boom in the first half of the last decade, fuelled by what we now know was over-exuberant bank lending.Â Â This led to a large rise in helicopter operations with many twin turbine helicopters being purchased by property developers.Â In the last three years this has turned right around the other way with most being sold.
Jermon was involved in a number of very large development schemes, usually centred around shopping centres or office blocks.Â The ease of obtaining bank loans led many Irish developers to look overseas, and in one week in mid 2008, Jermon bought no fewer than four retail development sites in Poland and a 60% share in a former military airport in the Hungarian city of MezokÃ¶vesd – a 1,500 acre site with 3,500m runway which was intended as a logistis hub.
This recent move by Bank of Scotland follows the seizing of various other assets in May/June 2010 after Allied Irish Bank called in loans secured against particular properties.
Bank of Scotland Ireland was a major lender to developers during Ireland’s property boom, and was closed by its parent company Lloyds after suffering some catastrophic losses.Â Its loan book is now being managed by Certus.
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- Sloane Helicopters signs for AW109 Trekker and another GrandNew
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bangladesh operator Bashundhara Airways orders five from Leonardo
- Leonardo approves fifth Service Centre in Japan
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- EASA certifies AW109 Trekker
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD