Air Company VERTICAL-T has taken part in negotiations between Russian and Afghanistan business communities’ representatives of the Russian Federation Chamber of Commerce and Industry, involving the Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai.
During negotiations, the main point was the cooperation development in trade and economy between Russia and Afghanistan. The following branches of the Afghanistan economy were called investment-attractive: transport, mining industry, telecommunication and banking. The Russian side has stated Russian interest and readiness to take an active part to restore and modernize the enterprises and facilities constructed in Afghanistan with the assistance of the former USSR.
For eight years, Air Company VERTICAL-T has performed helicopter operations at construction facilities, and also has taken part in road construction and repair throughout the country. In October 2010, VERTICAL-T made a Contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The helicopters Mi-8MTV-1 and Mi-8T of the Air Ð¡ompany are taking part in the construction of Kajaki Dam Hydropower plant, providing electrical power for 1.7 million residents of the Helmand and Kandahar provinces. The dam is also intended for the irrigation in the Helmand River Valley.
The Ð¡ompany’s activity in Afghanistan is Russia’s contribution to the efforts of the international community to stabilize the situation throughout the country, essential for increasing safety of the population and sustainable economic development.
About Air Company VERTICAL-T
Air Company VERTICAL-T was established on March, 1st, 1992. Today "Vertical-T" is one of the leading Russian helicopter companies carrying out aviation works worldwide. The company’s fleet consists of Mi-8P, Mi-8T, Mi-8MTV, Mi-8AMT and Mi-26T.
- Denel Aviation to expand Mi-8 / MI-17 South African service centre
- 28-May-13 Mil Mi-8 Ivanovsky, Russia (2F)
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- UTair South Africa becomes official supplier to UN
- 06-May-13 RA-24410 Mil Mi-8 Preobrazhenka, Russia (9F)
- LOM Praha awarded with $1.3M contract for Mi-17 pilot training
- Indian Air Force may have no VVIP helicopters after 2014
- 21-Apr-13 Mil Mi-8T Azr district, Afghanistan
- 20-Apr-13 Mil Mi-17 Sharq Al-Owainat, Egypt
- 07-Apr-13 OB-1916P Mil-8 Loreto, Peru (13F)
- Russian Helicopters launches South Africa service centre with Denel Aviation
- 26-Mar-13 RA-22986 Mil Mi-8MTV Kronotsky, Russia
- 16-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8 Khankala, Russia (3F)
- 14-Mar-13 Mil Mi-8T Khabarovsk, Russia
- 09-Mar-13 RA-22472 Mil Mi-8AMT Bukavu, Congo (4F)
- UTair wins multi-type contract with oil producer Bashneft
- 25-Jan-13 228 Mil Mi-171Sh Duga Resa, Croatia
- 23-Jan-13 Mil Mi-8 Dudinka, Russia
- Colombia’s Vertical de Aviacion adds three Mi-171s
- Rwanda provides six helicopters for UN efforts in Sudan