Two workshops related to heliport design are planned for HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. These will focus on the design of private use (PPR) and hospital heliports in the U.S. and general aviation heliports designed to meet the requirements of the international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, scheduled for Sunday, March 6, will consist of a review of the tranche 1 ICAO Annex 14 Volume II requirements issued in 2009 and the proposed tranche 2 changes. A comparison with the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and an outline of the additional changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual being considered by the ICAO HDWG as part of the future activities will also be included. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual Flight Rules. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Dr. John Leverton, the IFHA Representative to ICAO AP and HDWG, will present the session.
The second workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, and based on last yearâ€™s successful format, will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5390-2B. It will include an overview of 14 CFR Part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1 (which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport), presented by the FAA Airports Division. Following this overview, Dr. John Leverton, HAI heliport design
HAI to offer Heliport Design Workshops at Heli-Expo
- AFIT announces R22 Add-On Training at Van Nuys
- Local concern at lack of use of Travis County UH-1 firefighter
- Oil price not affecting Era and PHi at Houma
- NZ tour operators in conflict
- New EC145T2 arrives with Bond Air Services
- Terma to Field Aircraft Survivability Equipment on Dutch NH90s
- Airbus Helicopters completes first year bringing three new helicopters to market
- HATS flying as first Australian military EC135T2+ takes to the air
- Upgrade of Bell 412EP Night Vision system
- FAA Grants Two More UAS Exemptions
- Indian President confers gallantry medal on helicopter pilot
- HAI Industry-Government Forum
- Donate to HFI Auction: Deadline Extended!
- Optionally Piloted Helicopters – Is this the Future of Aircraft?
- HNZ win 9 month Nova Scotia offshore contract with three S92s
- Father of CareFlight program passes away
- U.S. Army Recruits General Electric to Build $4.5 Billion Next-Gen Helicopter Engine
- IHST Safety Experts Will Offer 11 Workshops and Seminars at Heli-Expo 2015
- Botswana Police order three AS350B3e
- Bell Helicopter Receives EASA ATO Certification