Two workshops related to heliport design are planned for HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. These will focus on the design of private use (PPR) and hospital heliports in the U.S. and general aviation heliports designed to meet the requirements of the international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, scheduled for Sunday, March 6, will consist of a review of the tranche 1 ICAO Annex 14 Volume II requirements issued in 2009 and the proposed tranche 2 changes. A comparison with the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and an outline of the additional changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual being considered by the ICAO HDWG as part of the future activities will also be included. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual Flight Rules. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Dr. John Leverton, the IFHA Representative to ICAO AP and HDWG, will present the session.
The second workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, and based on last yearâ€™s successful format, will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5390-2B. It will include an overview of 14 CFR Part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1 (which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport), presented by the FAA Airports Division. Following this overview, Dr. John Leverton, HAI heliport design
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Marenco Swisshelicopter appoints new CEO as founder leaves
- Wessex Helicopter Restoration goes on Display
- Bristow to present two Energy Conferences
- Sloane Helicopters appoints new Robinson Sales Manager
- Bristow Academy’s Gerald Marchal Wins AMT Next Gen Award
- Helijet air ambulance service resumes at all hospital heliports in B.C.
- HNZ Group announces joint venture in Australia to support INPEX contract
- Milestone Names Daniel Rosenthal President and CEO
- Erickson Inc. Receives Final Court Approval of DIP Financing Facility
- PAC International upgrades EC145 for Allegheny Health Network’s LifeFlight program
- Safran activates fully-automated helicopter engine turbine blade production line
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- First EMS Helipad for Manitoba
- Indonesian Air Force Receives First Delivery of H225Ms
- Retrenched Caverton Workers Protest
- Shut Down of Bristow Helicopters in Nigeria
- Dhruv Interested in EASA Certification
- Spain Questions Israel about Drone
- Kenyan Military Receives 6 Hueys