Two workshops related to heliport design are planned for HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. These will focus on the design of private use (PPR) and hospital heliports in the U.S. and general aviation heliports designed to meet the requirements of the international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, scheduled for Sunday, March 6, will consist of a review of the tranche 1 ICAO Annex 14 Volume II requirements issued in 2009 and the proposed tranche 2 changes. A comparison with the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and an outline of the additional changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual being considered by the ICAO HDWG as part of the future activities will also be included. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual Flight Rules. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Dr. John Leverton, the IFHA Representative to ICAO AP and HDWG, will present the session.
The second workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, and based on last yearâ€™s successful format, will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5390-2B. It will include an overview of 14 CFR Part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1 (which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport), presented by the FAA Airports Division. Following this overview, Dr. John Leverton, HAI heliport design
- New Chief Executive for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
- New EC135T3 for Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance will allow night ops
- More eyes in the sky for Kruger anti-poaching operations
- Transport Canada Awards STC to Tanis Preheat System
- Erickson to webcast presentation at Deutsche Bank conference
- Bristow Expands to New Base in Kintore
- Blue Sky Network to Unveil New SATCOM Solution in October
- Business leaders raise almost $1 Million for STARS during annual CEO Rescue in the Rockies
- Airbus – Construction starts on Marignane Development Center
- Coptersafety AW139 Full Flight Simulator Ready For Training
- 4Documents That Every Helicopter Pilot Needs to Read
- First Air Force Military Training Centre students complete training on Ansat-U
- Vector Aerospace showcases expanded civil sector capabilities at Helitech
- Erickson awarded $7M transport contract
- Mexico orders $93M package including eight UH-60Ms
- Bell-Boeing awarded $10M to upgrade 13 MV-22 training devices
- Boeing awarded $499M CH-47 engineering support contract
- AAR wins $15M option flying for US Navy
- Lebanon requests 18 Huey IIs plus support in $180M deal
- Last week to nominate for Salute to Excellence!