Two workshops related to heliport design are planned for HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. These will focus on the design of private use (PPR) and hospital heliports in the U.S. and general aviation heliports designed to meet the requirements of the international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II â€“ Heliport Design.
The first workshop, scheduled for Sunday, March 6, will consist of a review of the tranche 1 ICAO Annex 14 Volume II requirements issued in 2009 and the proposed tranche 2 changes. A comparison with the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and an outline of the additional changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual being considered by the ICAO HDWG as part of the future activities will also be included. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual Flight Rules. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Dr. John Leverton, the IFHA Representative to ICAO AP and HDWG, will present the session.
The second workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, and based on last yearâ€™s successful format, will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5390-2B. It will include an overview of 14 CFR Part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1 (which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport), presented by the FAA Airports Division. Following this overview, Dr. John Leverton, HAI heliport design
- World Helicopter Day
- TenCate supplies compression molded parts for Bell 525
- Metro Aviation Delivers North America’s First H145 T2
- Flight nurses in Flight For Life crash file lawsuit
- 6 Units Honored at Night Vision Awards ALEA 2015
- AW119MkII Crosstubes Complete DART’s Landing Gear Portfolio
- AHS appoint new Membership Director
- HTM takes delivery of first H135 in wind farm support
- DRF flies 19,525 EMS flight in first half of 2015 across Germany
- Bird Aerosystems works with Bell to create surveillance 407 ASIO
- Australian Helicopters reveals first AW139 for Ambulance Victoria
- Heli-One showcases extensive MRO capabilities with new website
- FAA: Wildfires and Drones Don’t Mix
- Heli-Union adds third Cabri to training fleet
- Robinson Upgrades R66 Police Helicopter
- North Carolina helipad approved
- Heli-skiing plan divides Colorado neighbors
- Onboard Systems R66 cargo hook approved by FAA
- Fort Drum Kiowas make final flight
- Offshore Helicopter Leasing – an Existential Risk?