Two workshops related to heliport design are planned for HELI-EXPO 2011 in Orlando, Fla. These will focus on the design of private use (PPR) and hospital heliports in the U.S. and general aviation heliports designed to meet the requirements of the international ICAO Annex 14 Volume II – Heliport Design.
The first workshop, scheduled for Sunday, March 6, will consist of a review of the tranche 1 ICAO Annex 14 Volume II requirements issued in 2009 and the proposed tranche 2 changes. A comparison with the US/FAA AC150/5390-2B and an outline of the additional changes to the annex and the associated Heliport Manual being considered by the ICAO HDWG as part of the future activities will also be included. The workshop will focus on the ground size and airspace requirements for operations under Visual Flight Rules. The workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and is scheduled to adjourn at 12:30 p.m. Dr. John Leverton, the IFHA Representative to ICAO AP and HDWG, will present the session.
The second workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, and based on last year’s successful format, will address the FAA Heliport Design Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5390-2B. It will include an overview of 14 CFR Part 157, Notice of Construction, Alteration, Activation, and Deactivation of Airports, including FAA Form 7480-1 (which outlines the notice requirements to establish a heliport), presented by the FAA Airports Division. Following this overview, Dr. John Leverton, HAI heliport design
- New partners at Stellar Heliskiing
- Carter’s PAV-II on display at HAI-HELI-CENTER during AirVenture 2014
- Aspen Avionics Expands ADS-B Product Line
- X-Copter has FAA Approval, Exhibiting at AirVenture 2014, Offering Show Incentives and Leasing Options
- Airborne Systems received NZCAA STC Certification for its AS350 Bike Rack System.
- Airbus Helicopters wins tender for two medical helicopters in Russia
- Register Update – USA – week to 27 July 2014
- Register Update – USA – week to 20 July 2014
- HAI Heli-Center at Oshkosh Opens Today!
- Sikorsky union boss charged with embezzlement
- Genesys: Stabilization & Autopilot System for R44
- PHI launches helicopter joint venture with Cyprus Airways
- Bell-Boeing awarded $69M delivery order for V-22 support
- Helitech introduces the Business and Strategy Conference
- Night Vision Award Winners Honored at ALEA
- Portsmouth hospital helipad receives BOA approval
- Super Puma co-pilot death preventable, says coroner
- Parents of snowboarder killed by avalanche sue Alaska heli-skiing company
- KAI selected as a LCH／LAH developer
- AgustaWestland chooses Microsoft technology for a cutting-edge training