Following the company’s success at winning the Woodside Energy contract from Bristows, AUstralia’s largest commercial operator is moving its local office from Adelaide to Perth.Â CHC willÂ be flying four Eurocopter EC225 and two AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters on the contract, based out of Karratha in Western Australia – nearly 1,000 miles north of Perth.Â The contract adds to the company’s current workforce of 420 people at 22 bases across Australia.
The company’s current office in the Wayville suburb of Adelaide has been sold to Australian Industry Group, who take possession on 1st June, the day the Woodside contract starts.Â CHC Helicopters has been an South Australia success story, trading under the Lloyd Helicopters name (the company it took over) until 2000 when its changed its branding to its Canadian-based parent CHC.
In 2004 CHC secured a ten year, Au$129M deal with the Royal Australiaj Air Force to operate its SAR aircraft, adding to its now 31-year-old dedicated air ambulance service which operates in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Western Australia.
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease