Following the company’s success at winning the Woodside Energy contract from Bristows, AUstralia’s largest commercial operator is moving its local office from Adelaide to Perth.Â CHC willÂ be flying four Eurocopter EC225 and two AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters on the contract, based out of Karratha in Western Australia – nearly 1,000 miles north of Perth.Â The contract adds to the company’s current workforce of 420 people at 22 bases across Australia.
The company’s current office in the Wayville suburb of Adelaide has been sold to Australian Industry Group, who take possession on 1st June, the day the Woodside contract starts.Â CHC Helicopters has been an South Australia success story, trading under the Lloyd Helicopters name (the company it took over) until 2000 when its changed its branding to its Canadian-based parent CHC.
In 2004 CHC secured a ten year, Au$129M deal with the Royal Australiaj Air Force to operate its SAR aircraft, adding to its now 31-year-old dedicated air ambulance service which operates in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Western Australia.
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone