Oceanside, CA, March 3, 2011 â€” DART Helicopter Services, a world leader in the design, development and distribution of more than 3,500 helicopter components and accessories that enhance flight safety, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction, has announced a change in the companyâ€™s leadership. Additionally, Jeff Shapiro and Ron Gladnick have sold their investment interest in the business to DARTâ€™s existing shareholders.
Mike Oâ€™Reilly, President of Eagle Copters, Ltd., in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, has succeeded Jeff Shapiro as DARTâ€™s President and CEO. Shapiro will continue to work with DART in an advisory and transition capacity. Oâ€™Reilly will remain with Eagle Copters in addition to assuming his new responsibilities at DART. Steve Joseph will continue to serve as DARTâ€™s Chief Operating Officer.
â€œLooking back at what these guys have accomplished is remarkable,â€ said Oâ€™Reilly.Â â€œJeff and Ron have truly left a positive mark on this industry, and our catalogue speaks volumes.â€
â€œWe all thank Jeff for his vision, commitment to excellence and consistent hard work, and wish him the best in his retirement,â€ said Oâ€™Reilly. â€œHe led DART Helicopter Services to become a global presence in the helicopter aftermarket industry in a very short time, and we intend to follow his founding principles by expanding our markets, increasing our product lines and improving our comprehensive technical capabilities and customer support services in the future, just as DART has done for the last decade under Jeffâ€™s outstanding leadership.Â Our focus will always be on product excellence and customer satisfaction that Jeff emphasized so completely.â€
â€œRon, the founder of Apical, also deserves credit thatâ€™s hard to put into words,â€ continued Oâ€™Reilly.Â â€œHis entrepreneurial vision has given us many of the unique products that have revolutionized helicopter emergency floatation systems, systems that have helped make DHS the successful company that it is today.â€
Shapiro and Gladnick will be in the DART exhibit during Heli-Expo to wish all their friends a farewell.Â Customers, media representatives and other visitors are welcome to visit the DART Helicopter Services exhibit, No. 4628, at Heli-Expo 2011 in the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla., March 6-8.
About DART Helicopter Services
DART Helicopter Services LLC., has set a global standard for developing, producing and distributing outstanding helicopter accessories and components that improve rotary wing fleet operations. Headquartered in California, the company and its sales, marketing and service associates operate a worldwide network from many strategic locations serving more than 120 nations on six continents. DART has become the worldâ€™s largest rotorcraft accessory provider in just five years, offering more than 3,500 helicopter aftermarket products that improve rotorcraft safety, efficiency and reliability. The company also manufactures 600 components, and its network owns more than 600 Supplemental Type Certificates and 50 U.S. patents.Â Learn more about DART at www.darthelicopterservices.com
- Penzance HP team point out flaws in Steamship AW169 plans
- Helinetwork presents you with a new free service – RotorPlace.
- LCI closes on $55M capital market financing
- Era Group Celebrates 70 Years of Service
- New Isles of Scilly helicopter link to use AW169
- Helipass reaches 6 million bookings
- Where in the USA Do Helicopter Accidents Occur?
- Sikorsky awarded $127M contract for CH-53K Production
- Robinson adds wire strike system for R66
- BIRD Aerosystems wins follow-on contract for ASIO SMA
- TRAXXALL Technologies Announces New Client
- Voom helicopter booking platform joins Airbus
- USHST appoints Government Co-Chair
- Wills and Legal Services raises £540,000 for hospital helipads
- Convention Data Services signs three year Heli-Expo contract
- Avian-Precise Co awarded $57M contract for Vertical Lift Engineering
- First EMS AW169 launched in the Nordics
- Japan Coast Guard acquires four Bell 505s
- CHC Appoints New General Counsel
- Alyssum Group acquires aviation services company RocketRoute